So Hold Back Your Tears This Time

A Love Like This [ H i a t u s ]

[Listen to: For The Nights I Can't Remember by Hedley]

Author's Note: Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays♥ Yay~ Extension of SHINee's appearance! And a little guest appearance by Super Junior & S.M. The Ballad's Cho Kyuhyun!

Hedley. Hedley. Hedley. GYAH! I love that song. Listen to it(: And that's an order, not a suggestion! O:

- - -

 

You know, I never knew that men were capable of making such.. noise. I just crashed into that brown-haired kid carrying Mexicana Chicken, trying to get into the elevator, and I heard the girliest scream ever. It wasn't memy mouth was closed, but it wasn't the boy carrying fast food either.

I fell into the elevator, miraculously jumping over the brunette pretty boy. He went flying side-ways and landed on his backside, scattering pieces of fried chicken everywhere. Our eyes met in the midst of all of this, and I've never felt so embarrassed in my life. Oh, my God.  I opened my mouth to apologize, but nothing came out. We just stared at each other in bewilderment. Behind him, another girly dude stepped out of Zayn's dance room, joining the two standing outside. Seeing what was happening in front of him, he threw himself on the floor.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" He shrieked like he didn't have balls. Yikes. Talk about nails on chalkboard. "TAEMIN-AH!? YOU DROPPED THE CHICKEN?! Why would you do such a thin"

"JESUS, Onew?! Would you SHUT up?!" Zayn popped his head out of the dance-practice room, looking to see what was so damn interesting in the hall.

Ding!  The elevator doors closed, hiding me from my brother. I sat on the floor, cursing myself as I felt the lift move up.

Wait. He said Taemin. Ahjussi's kid's Lee Taemin? SHINee's Taemin? What a friggin' chick! Giggling, I stood up and brushed myself off.

Ding! The doors opened and two dudes came in. The cute one with long hair looked at me with a smile, then turned to listen to the short guy.

"Get home safe, Kyuhyun-hyung. I'm gonna go downstairs and practice that new routine with Zayn-sshi."

I looked up at sound of my brother's name. Ew. Another SHINee member?

"Actually, I'm gonna go to the studio for a bit." The cutie named Kyuhyun said. Ding! The doors opened to the 11th floor. "See you, Jonghyun. Tell the other SHINee members I said hi." He left.

That Jonghyun guy and I made eye-contact watching Kyuhyun leave. He raised his eyebrows, smiling at me. Ew? I flipped my hair back conceitedly and slipped out of the elevator before the doors closed.

Hrm. Where'd he go? I was about to follow that Kyuhyun dude, but I saw something in the room down the hall that interested me even more: a white grand piano.

 


 

My pace quickened as I approached the handsome instrument. I trailed my fingers along the top, walking around it. I sat on the bench, and immediately I felt at home. I glanced around nervously as I opened the lid, fearful of getting caught. I played a note and the sound carried beautifully. Squee! A smile formed as I placed my hands on the keys.

And I do wanna love you
And I do wanna try
Because if falling for you, girl, is crazy
Then I'm goin' outa my mind
So hold back your tears this time

Closing my eyes, I sang unconciously in English as I played. See how much I've gotten better? For you, Dad. Miss you...

I faltered, hearing the sound of clapping, and I turned to see Zayn leaning against the door frame.

"Thought I'd find you here. Yeonmi-sshi said she sent you up, but you never showed. So, I assumed you found a piano to bang away on." He said.

"You thought well, my good sir."

"Haha. So, ready for your first day of college tomorrow?"

"You know, you could've mentioned you choreographed for SM Entertainment." I said dully, ignoring his question.

"I didn't know that was relevant," He cocked his head. "A job is a job, and I happen to like mine." He said, smiling. He watched me as I stood up to close the piano. "Well, you haven't grown much since last I saw you."

"Shut up, blow-hard."

"Yah! Respect your elders!" He attempted to chastise me.

"When the elder gives a legit reason as to why he is late for dinner, then I'll consider respecting him." I said lightly.

He glared at me. Hehehe! I've missed this. Hey, you're not brother&sister unless you argue. It's, like, the law. Then he started to laugh, gesturing for us to leave.

"Yeah, well, some avid fangirl attacked the crew I was working with." Tch. SHINee. Is that what they told you? " She made a mess in the hall, and I had to clean it up."