Take My Hand

A Love Like This [ H i a t u s ]

[Listen to: WOWOWOW by SHINee]

Author's Note: INSANELY short&sweet update. (:
So this is where the plot starts to go absolutely nowhere.
For the story that'll be continued. ;D

- - -

 

"Uhh," I sounded like an idiot. I could swear I nearly went cross-eyed watching this pretty boy loom closer to me. Taemin blinked slowly, the tip of his cold nose touching mine.

"That's good, you know." He laughed, playfully hugging me. "Now I know you're not the psycho raging rhino I first pegged you for!"

"R-raging rhino?" I tilted my head to the side.

"You know," he pouted, tilting his head to the opposite side while swaying a little bit as we hugged. "When you first came into the SM buildin"

"YAH!" Jonghyunnie-oppa cut in, glaring at me from over Taemin's shoulder. "Taemin-ah?! What're you doing?!" He lightly pushed his back. I saw Taemin's surprised face lurch forward.

Oh. Holy. .

Next thing I knew, my eyes were closed. And I felt something warm and vaguely sweet on my lips.

Oh geudae, mamae datgo shipeun nal malhaji
          Oh love, I want to touch your heart
Mothae shirin gooreum dwi ae garin byeolbitdeul cheoreom
          But I cannot speak, like starlight hidden behind frozen clouds
'Saranghae' ipsool kkeutae maemdoldeon apeum gobaek
          ‘I love you’ this painful confession always lies on my tongue
Kkeunae nunmure heullo
          I'll end it all and let the words flow with my tears

God knows how I was able to recall all the words that boy sang to me just yesterday. And like last time, my hands balled into fists around his shirt.

That boy. That boy.

Inspite of myself.. and this.. awkward situation, I smiled. And I think he did, too.

The silence that enveloped us was enough for him to break away. I stepped back, hand over my mouth, smiling stupidly to myself. Taemin was looking down, eyes shaded by his auburn-ish-y hair, face turning about fifty shades of red and pink.

"I'm so sorry!" Jonghyunnie had both of his hands to his face. "That was completely unintentional!"

Minho was biting his index finger, trying to hold back laughter. Jonghyun and Yonghwa, frozen in the middle of their bickering, stared at Taemin and metheir faces becoming twisted with the hilarity of Jonghyunnie's epic fail. I looked over at Changmin-oppa. He had this kind of expression that reminded me of a wounded moose. Not that, you know, I've ever seen one, but his eyes were huge.

I grinned, waving my fingers at him. Oppa blinked. Then he grinned back. Girls end up marrying guys that remind them of their father, he mouthed cheekily.

.. This dude, I swear. One day he's gonna wake up underwater. One day.

I raised my other hand to flip him off, all in good fun, but everyone turned away from me.

"WAIT! WAIT! MES AMIES! (My friends!) THE BILL!" The French waiter that served us came running in our direction. "YOU FORGOT TO PAY THE BILL!"

... Idea!

I stepped forward in front of Taemin. He turned his head to look at me, his face a deep cherry red. I brushed my hand against his, smiling widely. He smiled back, taking my hand.

And we ran.