WHO THE HELL IS DONGHYUN!?!

=FAMOUS POPPING LOVE=

 

Danielle’s POV

 

Katelyn came back into our room furious. She looked like she was going to explode. The moment she stepped in, she her music and started emoting

 

“Katelyn, Katelyn!” I tried to catch her attention, but I failed. Her attention was all focused on her routine and her anger she was feeling. I slipped out of the room and went to call Laarni.

 

“Laarni!” I finally found her in the hallway heading to Leeteuk’s room.. She looked at me puzzled as I dragged her into the room where Katelyn was. When I opened the door she was shocked by the loud music. Immediately she closed the door and pulled me away.

 

“What happened to her?” Katelyn asked me.

 

“I have no idea. After Donghae dragged her away, she came back looking all angry and started emoting. I have never seen her so angry.”

 

“Let’s go to Donghae. I think he knows.” With that, we went to Donghae who was sitting in his room with Sungmin.

 

“Donghae, we need to talk to you. Sungmin, you don’t mind if we borrow Donghae for a minute right?” Laarni said with a smile and Sungmin nodded.

 

We dragged Donghae to the corridor when there was no one around and started asking him what he said to her.

 

“Katelyn hates it when people want to know where she is and what she’s doing. For our managers she has no choice, but she doesn’t like her friends to know what she does and who she meets. She doesn’t like people to get interfered with her life!” Laarni was almost shouting at him.

 

“I’m sorry. I didn’t know about that. She told me she was with her friends and her friend came asking me where is she. Shouldn’t I be worried? You don’t know how worried I was when I heard she was not with them.” Donghae was so agitated. Why is that so?

 

Laarni seemed shocked at what Donghae had said just now. “You said what?” Laarni stuttered.

 

“She lied to me so that I can lie to the both of you. As a senior, I am kind of responsible for you. If something happens to her, I’m kind of to blame because she told me what she’s doing and it wasn’t true.” Now both of them are going to scream at each other’s head.

 

“I know where she went.” Laarni said and Donghae’s anger seemed like it totally vanished.

 

“She went to meet Donghyun.” Who the hell is Donghyun?

 

“Who?” Donghae said and both of us were in shock.

 

“Donghyun is Katelyn’s boyfriend. They’ve been together even before she went into SM. He even moved to Korea to study so they can be together.” Laarni whispered to Donghae and me.

 

This was a huge shock to us. I didn’t know of it until now. We’ve been training for so long and I have never realized it. How can I say I’m her roommate? I didn’t even see anything weird about her.

 

“Boyfriend? Are you for real? If the higher management finds out she will be dead. Don’t talk about higher management if the reporters find out your group will be a goner.” Donghae was going raging mad.

 

He stomped away and it’s to the direction of the room POPCORN is staying at.  

 

He slammed open the door and Katelyn was panting on the ground. She looked at Donghae with rage in her eyes. After that I didn’t know what happened as Katelyn closed the door and all I heard was nothing.

 

Sitting in the common room, I was watching TV with Heechul. Since all the room was connected, we keep the doors opened. “So….” Heechul spoke up but it was cut by the slam of a door. I stood up and ran back to my room.

 

In my room there was Laarni and Katelyn. Katelyn was crying on Laarni’s shoulder. I decided to let them have time alone, but Kateln spoke up.

 

“We fought. After so long we fought!” Katelyn was sobbing very badly. I decided to listen on. I didn’t know why but I just did.

 

“He said I was dating someone else. Someone from Super Junior. No matter what I said he just won’t believe me. He said we’re spending lesser time together He said he cannot take it. He wants a break up Laarni!” Katelyn was sobbing bad.

 

End of Danielle’s POV

Laarni’s POV

I was speechless. Donghyun meant a lot to Katelyn. I have seen him quite a number of times and Katelyn loves him a lot. She always talks about him. Whenever they argued, Katelyn would look as if she lost her soul. Whenever he gets upset, it affects her as well even though it doesn’t concern her. I looked at Katelyn, her tears flowing down her rosy cheeks. I didn’t know what to say to make it better. I only know that there was only one person on earth who can stop these tears now. And that is Donghyun. But I guess he wouldn’t be willing to help comfort her now.

I reached out to hug her. As she continued sobbing, I her long black hair. As usual, I’m useless. I always don’t know what to say in situations like these. What a friend am I? I willed myself not to cry as I continued looking into nothing and her hair. I heard the door close and I know Danielle walked out. Out of the three of us, Katelyn is the person who’s known to be the best at comforting anybody. Danielle and I? We always kept quiet, for fear of saying something we’ll regret. The sobs died down and she lifted her head up. I released her from my embrace.

“Can I have some time alone?”she asked softly.

“Sure!”I nodded as I stood up.

“Thanks, Laarni,”she forced a smile.

“No problem. Just call for me if you need anything, alright?”I smiled back.

She nodded and lied down on the bed before covering her whole body with the blanket. I got out of the room and sighed. I walked into the kitchen to get some orange juice and someone stood there with his back facing me. Looking at the sleeveless shirt and biceps, I knew it was Donghae.

“Hae,”I called out.

He turned around and looks at me.

“Calling yourself?”he tried to joke with a smile. Cause my Korean name is Kim Haemin, while Danielle is Song Dae-hee, Katelyn’s was Park SooBin.

“You know nobody calls me that. Are you okay?”I asked.

“Why not?”he replied.

“Stop acting strong, will you?”I stared at him.

He sighed and smile at how well I know him.

“We’ve been friends for far too long,”I said.

He sat down on the kitchen floor and I went over to sit beside him.

“Don’t worry about Katelyn. You know she’s a cheerful girl. She’ll get her act together in no time,”I patted him on the shoulder.

“Did you even see how sad she was? Her eyes were practically soulless!”Donghae shook his head.

I kept quiet while thinking back. The bright sparks that were always in her eyes weren’t there anymore. It scared me to recall how dead she seemed to be.

“Laarni,”he shook me.

“Huh?”I looked at him.

“What are you thinking about?”he asked.

“Nothing,”I didn’t want him to worry further.

He smiled.

“Isn’t this our first time?”he asked.

“What?”I asked.

“First time, sitting quietly and talking seriously,” he answered.

“Yeah,” I smiled.

“I’ve known you for so long and all we do is play whenever we’re together,” Donghae shook his head with a smile.

“Uh huh. Donghae, have your manager told you about the radio show?”I asked.

“Yeah. The second day that we’re back in Korea, we’re gonna start hosting a radio show together,” Donghae smiled.

“That’ll be fun,” I said.

“When it comes to having fun, we’re the best combo,” Donghae agreed.

“Yeah, you and I can never be serious when together,” I said.

Someone then walked in. It was Eunhyuk.

“What are you two doing here?” he asked.

“Heart to heart talk,” Donghae replied.

His eyes widened in shock. Everybody who knew Donghae and I will know that if you put me and him together, we’ll never be sitting down quietly talking. In fact, we’ll be fighting, sometimes physically. Well, technically, I’m the one raining punches on him. He wouldn’t dare punch me because I’m a girl.

“Anyway, I’ll go check on Katelyn,”I stood up, got my orange juice and left.

End of Laarni’s POV

Eunhyuk’s POV

I watched as she walked out. My heart sank a little. Why is it that she got along well with everybody except me? And whenever I walked into a room, she would always have an excuse to walk out? I went to the fridge to get my strawberry milk. Donghae was sitting on the floor. He seemed listless.

“What’s with that face?”I asked.

“Don’t you know there’s a huge problem in the house?”he asked me back.

‘’There was? Why wasn’t I informed?’’ I said, with a confused expression,

“Too busy in your own world, Lee Hyukjae,” Donghae shook his head.

“What happened?”I asked.

He filled me in on what happened. And I was stunned over what happened. No wonder, Laarni wanted to go check on Katelyn.

“How is Katelyn now?”I asked Donghae.

“How would I know? I’ve been here after I stomped out,” Donghae replied.

“Come on, let’s go play video games. You need to cheer up,” I grabbed him.

We walked out of the living room and were about to reach our room when Laarni walked out of the room that POPCORN shared. Looking at her worried look, I began to worry as well.

“Donghae, you go on ahead first,” I pushed him into the room.

I then walked towards Laarni who was still standing at the door.

“You okay?”I asked.

She looked up at me. When we made eye contact, I swore my heart did a flip.

“Yeah, it isn’t me you should worry about,” she smiled.

God, this girl can be so caring at times.

“It’s Katelyn, right?”I said.

She nodded and her eyes welled up with tears. My heart sank. The last thing I wanted was for her to cry. I went towards her and hugged her. I knew that at that point of time, she burst. Laarni was always like that.

“Hyung is here,” I whispered to reassure her.

She cried quietly without making any sound. I began to feel depressed as well. If only I could take away her sadness, I would. If only I could carry her problems for her, I would. I would do anything for her to stop crying and smile the same eye smile I love to see. She let go of me and smiled with tears in her eyes.

“Sorry for dirtying your shirt,” she bowed a little.

“Since when were you so polite?” I teased.

“Oh you!” she punched my stomach lightly.

“Back to your normal self?”I asked with a smile.

She nodded.

“Thanks, Eunhyukkie!” she smiled that eye smile that does weird things to me.

“Donghae’s waiting for me, I better go. Cheer up,” I pat her on her shoulder.

She nodded and I went into the room that I share with Leeteuk hyung and Donghae.

“What took you so long?!”Donghae complained.

He had already started playing video games without me.

“Just some stuff,”I settled down next to him and played with him

End of Eunhyuk’s POV

Donghae’s POV

 

Everything is so shocking. After 3 years don’t they know anything? Having a relationship underground is not something to joke with. Especially if you’re an artist in Korea. You don’t bring yourself and the company trouble. You bring your other half trouble as well. If the fans find out, she’s not the only one in trouble her boyfriend by the name Donghyun cannot escape either.

 

I stomped towards POPCORN’s room and slammed open the door. She was on the ground panting, staring at me with hatred in her eyes. Closing the door behind me, I need to talk to her personally. It seems like Laarni and Danielle understood as they didn’t enter the room.

 

The both of us didn’t break eye contact. I was disappointed, really disappointed. She stood up and took a seat on the bed. I walked towards her and sat on the bed opposite her.

 

“What do you want now? Haven’t had enough digging into my personal life and now you’re here to interfere more?” She was talking in a way that I have never heard before trying to provoke me with her tone.

 

“I know where you went. I know everything.” I try to speak to her nicely. I don’t want to enrage her even more than she is now. Her expression tensed and she started to get worried.

 

“Now you’re worried. Have you thought of the consequences of what you’re doing Katelyn?” I said in a very disappointed tone. I am indeed disappointed.

 

“Of course I know. That’s why I kept it so low profile. I didn’t meet him other than in school. I didn’t even dare to hold his hand or go with him anywhere because I know it’s very risky.” There was a dramatic change in her tone.

 

“I know it has been tough on you. All of us have done it before but it could never last.”

 

“I’m sorry Donghae. I’m sorry for treating you like that. I’m just angry. I don’t know what I was doing. I hope you don’t take it to heart.” She gave me a very forced smile.

 

“It’s alright. I know I went overboard.”

 

“Can you help me find Laarni?” She said and for one thing, there was something very wrong about her.

 

I nodded my head and left the room. However, I didn’t have to look for her because she was standing at the door with her hands in her pocket waiting.

 

“Katelyn wants to see you.” She nodded her head and mouthed a thank you before closing the door behind her. However, she seem like she slammed it in my face instead.

 

I headed to the kitchen to grab a cup of water. I wonder how is Katelyn doing because for one thing, I am very sure I heard a sobbing sound before the door could be slammed in my face. What if Laarni slammed the door in my face by accident because she rushed to comfort Katelyn?

 

I should really stop thinking too much. I’m just scaring myself. I grabbed myself a clean glass. Did something happen to Katelyn and Donghyun? Just now when she was saying how they don’t meet and don’t go any where alone, she started to get sad. Her eyes told me that she was sad and it seems like tears were threatening to spill out.

 

For one thing, they’ve been together for more than 7 years, but it’s ok for her to be close to him in school, but going out together was impossible because of our tight schedule during our trainee days. When they debut, it would be much worst since the media would be continuously keeping a close eye on them. Her boyfriend must feel very insecure since they rarely meet and even if they do, they have to keep a distance. It must have been hard of them.

 

Ok what am I doing? Finally breaking out of my thoughts, I poured water into my still empty glass and taking a few sips before taking bigger and bigger mouthfuls.

 

“Hae” I heard someone calling out to me. Turning around, I saw that it was Laarni.

 

 

End of Donghae’s POV

 

Katelyn’s POV

 

When Donghae walked out, my tears threatened to spill. I held them in. However when I saw Laarni walking in, I couldn’t help it anymore and hot wet tears just started streaming down my cheeks. Seeing that I was crying, Laarni pushed the door too hard to causing a loud bang and gave me a hug. Now all I need is a friend by me.

 

When Laarni left to give me time alone, the only words ringing in my mind was “I want a break up…. I want a break up… I want a break up…” All in Donghyun’s voice. Trying to shut the voice in my head, I pulled out my itouch from the bedside table and plugged in my ear piece and blasting myself with any loud song I can find.

 

From my peripheral vision, I saw my phone light up. Looking at the screen, it was someone I was missing yet hating at the same time.

 

From: Donghyun Darling <3

 

It has been close to 8 years since we’ve been together. I know we’ve went through a lot till we can be where we are today, but I really cannot take the pressure anymore. Worrying everyday if you’d betray me with someone who’s better than me. There are so many guys who are better than me around you. Even though we text each other and call each almost every day, but you never have time for me. We cannot be close on the streets. I cannot tell anyone you’re my girlfriend. We cannot hold hands, we cannot hug, cannot kiss. I really want to last with you Katelyn, but I cannot do it anymore. Even though we’re in the same country, I feel as if we’re very distant and very far apart. It’s not that I no longer love you. It’s just we’re unlike last time and it’s impossible to be. Focus on your career. I want to see you soar on stage. You’re a good girlfriend and obviously a good performer. Don’t allow me to drag you back. Forget me and give it your all to your career. Work hard as much as how you love me and I know you’ll be great and outstanding one day. I believe you can do it. For the last time I’ll say this. I love you, I really do. –Donghyun

 

Reading the message, I smiled but I felt tears trickle down my cheeks. In an instant, I replied him

 

To : Donghyun Darling <3

 

I’m willing to let you go. Both of us are suffering in this relationship. No matter how much we love each other, there’s something blocking us and this is something we can’t overcome because it’s impossible. Now I don’t have to worry that you might get attacked by my fans anymore. I will do my best. Like you said work hard as much as I love you. You forget me as well. I know it’s difficult because you’ll see me on broadcast, but we can still be friends. Forget our feelings as lovers but remember we’re still the best of friends as we used to be. Find someone better than me. There are many girls out there who are good enough for you. Just look around you and you’ll find one. You have to study hard and be an outstanding lawyer you want to be. When I need law advice, I’ll come to you first. So this is the end. Take care of yourself. I love you.

 

I sent it and I know both of us are happy. There’s no point in trying to save it because indeed both of us were upset and suffering. This relationship has brought us both pain. It’s already time to let go. Settling my phone back on  beside the table, I took off my ear piece and felt better. Even though it’s hard to let go of a relationship which lasted for so long, but we’re still friends. I’ll never forget a friend like him.

 

Getting out of bed, I headed to take a cold shower to wash away all my sorrows. When I was done, I saw Danielle walking into the room. “Hey.” I said and she looked at me shocked since I was all angry before and now I’m more normal.

 

“Hey.” She replied still shocked. Taking her hand, I pulled her to our bed and told her everything including the break up message and all.

 

“Don’t take it too hard Katelyn.” She said as she placed a hand on my shoulder.

 

“I have to learn to let go already. There’s no point since both of us are suffering.” I said with a weak smile. Even though Danielle is loud most of the time, she’s a nice friend. I’m lucky to have Her and Laarni as my group mates.

 

Walking out of our room, I walked around the corridor to find someone at the end. That familiar figure. Walking slowly, it was indeed him, Donghyun.

 

“What are you doing here?” I asked all flustered since if he was seen we’re screwed.

 

“We have to bid each other farewell properly right?” He tried to flash his cheeky grin but failed since it wasn’t right to do so. Dragging him to the nearest emergency exit to avoid the media, we started talking again.

 

Before I could say anything, he pulled me into a hug. “I’ll miss you. I really do.” With this, I could help but to start crying again. I returned the hug.

 

“I’ll miss you too.” Feeling his body tremble, we pulled away. He was crying. After dating for so long, it was the first time I’d see him cry. Cleaning the tears on his face, he leaned down for a soft kiss.

 

“The first and the last.” He said and I nodded my head.

 

“We’re still friends right?” I asked and he nodded. We took a step away from each other and I reached out my hand and he took it and we shook it.

 

“Don’t forget to write me e –mails.” I smiled and he nodded. He pulled me into another hug and a kiss on my forehead before we walked out of the emergency exit and parted ways. I know I cannot bear to but if I turn around now, I wouldn’t be able to control my tears anymore.

 

Heading back to my room, I bumped into Laarni. She looked past me and gasped.

 

“Isn’t that Donghyun?” She whispered and I nodded my head.

 

“You guys are alright now?” still whispering. And her face made her look like a lil’ kid.

 

“Yes. But now we’re friends.” I smiled weakly.

 

“I’ll always be here for you, chinguya!.” She said with a smile before placing her hand on my shoulder. I know Laarni is an awesome friend, we’ve known each other since young and we know each other inside out.