WHAT A BUSY LIFE IS THIS.

=FAMOUS POPPING LOVE=

 

Laarni’s POV
 
In a flash, we have run from the check in counter into the plane. It has always been like that for three whole years after POPCORN’s debut. I'm now an official singer. POPCORN, my group and Super Junior, our seniors are heading to Philippines this current moment to attend a concert we promised. Philippines were where I stayed in. It was where I met another girl who migrated there. This girl that became my best friend. She's Katelyn. We've known each other since grade 1 and since then, our families are friends. We even went to Korea together. But it was a particular visit when we were 14 that changed both our lives.
 
We were back in Seoul. Katelyn and I decided to go buy Rain's newest album at that time. Whenever we went to buy albums, we would always pass my favorite building in the whole of Seoul City. SM Entertainment's building. Since young, I've always wanted to be a singer. That day, we went pass there again and noticed a long queue. I wondered whether rain was having a fan meeting. I pulled Katelyn nearer to the building to look at the poster. There were the words, AUDITION! BE A PART OF SM!
 
Those words made me pull Katelyn to the end of the queue.
 
"Why are you queuing? Aren't we supposed to go and buy the album?" Katelyn had asked.
 
"There's an audition today in SM. I want to be a singer!"I told her.
 
"Oh okay! I'll go buy the album then. Good luck!"She waved.
 
"NO! KATELYN! YOU MUST GO WITH ME!"I grabbed hold of her hand that time.
 
"What! Why?"She had asked.
 
"I don't want to go alone. Please please please!"I had begged of her.
 
"But I don't want to be a singer. I can't sing!"Katelyn had told me.
 
"You can sing! You joined a contest when we were in grade 1, don't you? Please! I don't want to go alone!"I begged again.
 
Being my best friend, she agreed to go for the audition with me. In a matter of hours, we were both done. I had sung while Katelyn singed too. We hurried to the shops to get the album before running back. We promised each other that the audition will be a secret of ours. A few days later, I received a letter from SM Entertainment. Unfortunately, my mother had gotten the letter before me. She read the contents before looking sternly at me.
 
"You went to audition?"She had asked.
 
I nodded meekly.
 
"Do you know that you'll have to stay here in Korea all by yourself if you were selected?"She had said.
 
I nodded again.
 
"Was I casted?"I had asked.
 
"I won't allow you to stay in Korea all by yourself. Besides, there's no future for you as a singer. What if you fail?"My mother had told me.

 
A family meeting was held. By that time, I heard from Katelyn that she had gotten the same letter and was casted. Her parents had allowed her to stay in Seoul to train. I was insistent on being a singer after hearing that I had actually passed the audition. My parents were against the idea while my younger sister was fine with it. I took two whole days to persuade my parents. Finally, they agreed after knowing Katelyn was going to be in training with me. A week later, Katelyn and I were staying in Seoul in the care of her aunt. Our belongings were slowly shipped back while we started training. While training, we met a lot of other trainees and had fun. It was tough. Not knowing when we'll ever debut. But we still persisted. Two months later, we met a trainee named Danielle. She became our friend instantly. As the three of us went through training, we continued making friends. There was Leeteuk, Heechul, Kangin, Hankyung, Yesung, Shindong, Sungmin, Eunhyuk, Donghae, Siwon, Ryeowook, KiBum and many more.


After 3 years of training, we heard from Leeteuk that the thirteen of them would be debuting in November! There were to be called Super Junior and was to be a project group.  A year later, they added another member, Kyuhyun and became a permanent group. On November 28 2006, Danielle, Katelyn and I were informed we would be debuting on January 13 2007. We decided that our group would be called POPCORN. We practiced hard and recorded our debut song. The rest was history. It has been more than three years since we debuted and we're still going strong.
 
"Remember to drink more water on the plane. You need to protect your vocals, “my manager interrupted my thoughts.
 
I nodded my head. After so many years, here we were all sixteen of us, as fully fledged singers in a plane. I felt a sense of pride.
 
"Teukie hyung, can you lend me one side of your earphones?"I asked.
 
"STOP CALLING ME HYUNG! Why can't you be normal like other girls?" Leeteuk gave me a weird look.
 
"You know I don't like to call you guys’ oppas. It's so girly,"I gave a disgusted look.
 
"Agreed!"Danielle nodded her head.
 
"But isn't it weird to call us hyungs as girls?"Ryeowook asked.
 
"Would you guys want you to call you noona then?"I asked Ryeowook.
 
"NO!"Ryeowook shook his head.
 
"Its either hyung or noona. Or if you want ajussi or harabujji Choose, “I said.
 
"Here we go again,"Heechul looked out of the window.
 
"Okay okay! Hyung hyung!"Donghae surrendered.
 
I gave Danielle a high five! Leeteuk then passed me the other side of his earphones since I was sitting next to him.
 
"Thanks hyung, “I grinned.
 
"Shut up, “he gave me his killer glare.
 
I sat happily in my seat while I observed what the others were doing. Danielle who was sitting with Katelyn had fallen asleep. Katelyn was playing games on her PSP. Eunhyuk who was sitting beside Donghae was asleep. Donghae was reading. Ryeowook and Heechul were watching videos. The rest were sitting behind me and I was too lazy to turn around and see what they were up to.
 
"I'm bored,” I said to nobody in particular.
 
"Just relax now. You'll be busy when we land,"Leeteuk replied.
 
"Play games with me, “I demanded rather than suggested.
 
"No, “he said.
 
"Play or I'll call you noona, “I grinned.
 
He sighed.
 
"What do you want to play?"He had given up fighting with me.
 
We both took out our PSPs and began a game of tennis. We didn't realize that we were making a lot of noise till my manager hit my head from behind.
 
"Laarni, don't strain your voice, “he looked worried.
 
I smiled before nodding. If I were to ever lose my voice, my manager would be in a panic mode. Who in POPCORN can ever sing my parts? It's the same case for the other members. If Katelyn were to sprain any part of her body, who can ever do those crazy dance moves that she does? If Danielle were to lose her voice like me, Katelyn and I could never sing at that maniac voice that she does. After awhile, I got tired and I fell asleep. When I woke up, I realized that I have slept for five hours. My head was on Leeteuk’s shoulder while he leaned on the side of the plane. I felt rather comfortable and fell back asleep, head still on his shoulder. I doubt he'll mind. We've been best buddies for so long!