THE HIGH RISE!

=FAMOUS POPPING LOVE=

 

Heechul’s POV

I was waiting for the lift when I heard someone’s heels on the parquet flooring. As our floor only consists of Super Junior and POPCORN, I assumed it was Katelyn. When I turned around, I got the shock of my life. It was Katelyn. It’s not that I’ve never seen her all dressed up, but she always looks so pretty that I can’t help but stare. Then, I remembered that she was off to film ‘We Got Married’ and I got angry. She never puts in effort to dress up when POPCORN goes out with the boys. At least Laarni would bother to dress up, without the heels, of course. She would rather die than wear heels. She would always pair her clothes with high cut shoes whereas Katelyn has the best fashion sense. She has a whole range of different theme for everyday.

It seemed unusual she would dress up like that, something similar to what Katelyn or Laarni would wear. (Well, replace the heels with shoes for Laarni.) To think she did it all to go film ‘We Got Married’ really pissed me off. Being friends with her for many years, she wouldn’t do the same for us when we went out.

I sighed. There goes danielle. But whatever, who cares about girls. Girls are troublesome. The POPCORN members are the craziest floormates ever. I have never heard SHINee complain about f(x) or SNSD.  People label POPCORN as cool because if they were to be unhappy with you, they have no qualms in arguing with you.

End of Heechul’s POV

Danielle’s POV

I reached the filming venue and was greeted by Changmin waving. I smiled at my cute ‘husband’.

“Hello wife! You look really pretty,”he smiled.

I cringed at the word.

“Are you okay? Are you having a stomachache? I have medicated oil, you can use it!”he quickly said that.

“No, no! It’s not that. It’s just I don’t like to be called pretty,”I explained.

“Huh! You’re weird!”he widened his eyes in shock.

When he realised that he was too blunt, he quickly apologized as I laughed.

“It’s okay! I’m like that too!”I brushed it off.

Filming then started with us getting a mission. The two of us read it together with Changmin reading aloud for viewers.

“Think of a couple name and a song to perform on MBC’s Music Core’s Valentine’s Day Special 2010 later on!”Changmin read.

“PD-nim, this is unfair! We don’t even get to practice!”I complained while laughing at the thought of myself singing a duet.

“You are a rapper in your group, right?”Changmin asked.

“In charge of rapping, yes,”I nodded.

“Can you sing?”he asked which caused me to laugh even louder.

“I’m an SM artiste!”I exclaimed.

“True!”he answered before we laughed.

“So, what shall be our couple name?”I asked as we got into the car as we continued filming.

“We must come up with a cool name,”he nodded his head.

“Of course! How about ‘The Tall’ couple?”I suggested.

“What’s your height?”he asked.

“172cm,”I replied.

“You’re tall!”Changmin seemed impressed.

“popcorn  members are all 170cm and above except for our lead vocalist. She’s rather short at 163cm,”I laughed.

“Oh! But the name is too common!”he said.

There was silence as we quietly thought about it.

“Let’s call ourselves ‘The High Rise’ couple! Because we’re rising hallyu stars and tall as well!”he said, proudly.

“Oh, that’s nice! OKAY!”I agreed.

“Hello everybody, we’re ‘The High Rise’ couple!”we formally introduced ourselves.

“What should we sing?”Changmin asked.

“One year later by Jessica and Onew? It’s a nice song for the Valentine’s Day Special!”I suggested.

“Good choice!”Changmin agreed.

We reached the building and were ushered to a waiting room where we quickly practiced. Singing isn’t my forte hence I had to put in extra effort into this last minute performance. Soon, it was time for us to perform and I was glad I was dressed up thanks to Katelyn and Laarni.  I stood on stage, feeling jittery. As I started song, I could feel my voice wavering. Feeling scared that I may go off pitch, I turned to look at Changmin for support. He held my eyes as I sang to reassure me. Then, it was time for him to sing. When he opened his mouth, the voice that came out, calmed us all. It then came to the part where I was supposed to the adlib that Jessica does. It was really out of the norm for me to do these adlibs for Laarni was in charge of it for all our songs and she does it really effortlessly. I tried my best to do it and actually pulled it off. We then bowed and exit.

“Wow! I didn’t know you could sing so well!”Changmin complimented me.

“Oh, that’s nothing! I’m not a good singer at all!”I blushed a little.

We proceeded for lunch. After lunch, filming ended and we headed back to the SM building. Back in my dorm, it was empty as Laarni was out recording a solo track for a drama soundtrack while Katelyn was filming a drama. I decided to use the desktop that was situated in the living room. I logged onto a music website and there on the first post was about my duet with Changmin. I received a lot of compliments and was feeling really proud of myself.

End of Danielle’s POV

Katelyn’s POV

 

After seeing Danielle leaving the dorm, both Laarni and I franticly ran back to our room to change. We purposely lingered in our dorm longer so we could assure that on the official first day as Husband and wife, she’ll dress to impress.

 

Both of us then rushed out of our dorm, seeing our transport waiting for us downstairs. Laarni and I bid each other goodbye before hopping onto our transport and heading off to our destination.

 

“I’m so sorry!” I was around 15 minutes late, but the director said it was ok since it wasn’t my part yet and I still had plenty of time to change and do my make-up. Heaving a sigh of relief, I was brought to my changing room by my coordinator. She passed me a set of casual clothes like a shirt, shorts, tights and leg warmers. I almost wanted to ask her what was those leg warmers for but I remember this is a ballet drama.

 

After changing, I sat on the dressing table, waiting for the make-up artist and hair stylist to do my hair. When I was done, I was shocked by a male voice since I kept my eyes closed to rest for a while.

 

“You look nice in this dance outfit and hairstyle.” Opening my eyes, I saw Key probing his hands on my chair.

 

“You’re not filming yet either?” I asked and he shook his head. Apparently the first scene we’ll be doing together. So we’ll be sitting in our changing rooms for some time that’s why he decided to look for me.

 

“We’re friends and now our group mates are married to each other that makes us related in some way right?” Key asked and I couldn’t help but laugh. He does make sense.

 

Suddenly, there was a knock on my door and in came my manager. He passed me his laptop and it was a video. He asked Key and I to watch it together. It’s a video of Changmin and Danielle!

 

When it ended Key and I were kind of shocked.

 

“I didn’t know Danielle’s vocals were so awesome.” Said Key.

 

“Neither did I.” I have never seen Danielle sing so well. Normally Laarni got more of the adlib. Now I know Danielle is both good in singing and rapping.

 

“I think both of them look cute together.” Key said and I couldn’t agree more. The rest of the time Jaejoong and I had, we used it to discuss about being related in some way and how good Danielle and Changmin look together and I used this chance to know my “relatives” more.

 

The first scene was suppose to be some dance solo where Key would come stumbling in knowing that Tae Hee had asked me to replace her. Since I have learnt ballet before and was pretty good at it, I had less than 3 NGs.

 

“You’re good!” Key said and I thanked him. It was Key and he really fitted the role. He’s not that bad but his only flaw was missing beats. He had apparently did pretty well. Apparently I heard from producers when Key was filming that he had actually spent a lot of time recently in learning ballet and other dances so he can play this role. Looking at how focused and preserve he was, I now know why he’s my idol.

 

Filming was a breeze today. We did a few scenes with Tae Hee and because we’re fast, we are ahead of schedule by a few scenes.

 

“You ok?” I asked at the end since Key seemed a little tired. He smiled and said he was fine. However, when he took off his shoes, I could see how badly hurt his legs were. I experienced this before when I was younger but I got used to it already.

 

“Go home and place ice pack on your leg to relax your muscle. It works.”

 

Key and I took the same transport home since both of us had no more schedule and was heading back to SM building. We got off the car and went our separate ways after saying goodbye. I was waiting for the lift when I heard someone calling my name.

 

“You left something in the car?” I asked and he shook his head.

 

“I was wondering if you know we could meet up and practice since the scenes at the back is getting tougher and tougher.” He seems worried.

 

“I’d love to.” I said and he smiled. Pulling me into a unexpected hug, I was surprised. I hugged him back in politeness.

 

“Thank you!” With that he ran off.

 

I walked towards the open lift door to see someone inside. “Hi Hae!” I said, but his face was emotionless.

 

End of Katelyn’s POV