Meeting The Super Girl

Stuck in the Middle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As we were walking inside the building, I couldn’t help but cringe the moment his arrogant attitude shows up. I was only holding in my anger due to our deal. I may always be a quiet bookworm, but someday I swear, I’m gonna burst out of this bubble in rage, and-

“OOF!”

Yesung stopped in his tracks; making me trip and bumping on his back. “Yo, Donghae!” he called out to his friend who was across. I winced and blinked a couple of times before clearing my vision.

“Oh, hyung.” Donghae walked over.

“I’m getting some tunes down with Ryeowook. What’re you doing here?” Yesung asked him.

“I was just getting the steps done at the dance studio for this week’s Music Bank.” Donghae said. His eyes then traces down to me. “Oh, Erika!”

“Um, hi.” I replied with an awkward smile from behind.

“You’re with Yesung?” he asked.

“Well, I-”

“She’s just following.” Yesung cut me off short and pushed me back. “Um, she asked if she could… see how a recording studio looked like.”

“Oh, ok then.” Donghae smiled, and there were no suspicion glares. “I’d have to get going. See you guys later.” He waved and walked off.

I glanced at Yesung as soon as Donghae was out of sight. “Smooth cover-up.” I complimented.

“When you’re a celebrity they teach you lots.” He shrugged his shoulders and we continued to walk.

W reached up to a room filled with fancy equipments complete for a recording session. So I bet it was pretty much the same as how 2PM would have in their studio. I took a seat down on one of the red swivel chairs and dropped my backpack down on the floor. I noticed Yesung’s eyes widened once he opened his guitar case. “Whoa.”

I raised a brow as I was swinging my feet above the ground. “What?”

“Did you really polish this?” he asked as he took the guitar out and held it in his hands.

“Yea? Why?”

“It’s… wow.”

I rolled my eyes. “Could you please use a better verb and sentence so I can understand?” I said sarcastically. “Or do you have too much pride to admit that I did a good job?”

He raised a brow and chuckled softly. “Nice.” He said, staring at his well-polished guitar that pretty much looked as if it came out from a Music shop, brand new.

“Keep in mind it took me the whole night.” I said.

“Sure, sure. So what do you want in return?”

“For you to not rat me out on Kyuhyun is enough.”

“Just that?” he asked. “What is it that you want to keep it a secret from him so bad?” he laughed.

A heavy sigh escaped from me.

“I ran away from home.” I finally said, staring down at me feet. His head shot up from the focus on his guitar and his eyes widened. “So I need a stable job for the time being.” I looked up and shifted in my seat. “If he knew I’d be dead meat.”

“He cares for you that much, huh?” he said while checking out his guitar and giving it a few strums.

My face started to heat up. “N-No.” I shook my head, closing my eyes. “He just hates it. That’s all.”

Yesung lifted his gaze from his guitar and his eyes met mine. “Sounds like he cares to me.”

I didn’t dare to blink at his comment. Was he trying to debate with me?

“Well, possibly…” I admitted, sighing a bit. “He’s my best friend. I knew him since I was twelve.” I told him. He nodded and understood.

We were then cut off by a knock at the door.

“Knock, knock.” Ryeowook peeked his head in. “Am I interrupting anything?”

“Oh, no, no.” Yesung put his guitar down and waved him in.

He paused halfway when he saw me. “Erika?”

I gave a small wave. “You guys carry on. I’ll be right outside.” I said and made my way towards the door.

He scratched his head and asked Yesung, “What’s she…?”

“Um…” Yesung paused to think of an explanation.

“Wait, you’re not- I mean, she’s- You’re-”

“Whoa, whoa, whoa, hold it!”

The fact that Yesung almost fall out of his chair because of Ryeowook’s comment didn’t even make me bother to turn around.

I walked out with my hands in my pocket and went to look for a place to sit. When suddenly my stomach rumbled.

Not again. I sighed and slapped my forehead.

My stomach was rumbling uncontrollably and there was only ten bucks in my pocket. I looked around the place and started to walk. I spotted a vending machine at the corner and my eyes sparkled.

“Peppero!” I sang as I skipped over.

With the money in my hand, I slid it inside the slot. But it slid back out, causing the light blink red.

“What the-”

I huffed at the machine and straightened the bill. Once again I slid it in, but it would just keep on coming back out. Right when I glanced above, I noticed a note that said Out of service.

NOOOOOOOOO!!

I sighed heavily and rested my head against the machine. At times like these is when I actually regret ever leaving home. Mom’s cooking suddenly crossed my mind.

Chicken, coleslaw, and mashed potatoes sounds good. I thought. 

“There you are!” a voice shouted. I glanced over and saw Yesung walking forward with his guitar strapped on his back as usual. “I’m done already. Where’ve you been?”

“Too busy in despair.” I answered with my eyes still glued on the Peppero inside it.

He raised a brow for a second, then decided to just ignore the distant look in my eyes. He took the guitar off and held it in my face. “Here.”

“Do I have to?” I pouted.

“Fine, then I’ll just tell Kyu-”

“Urgh, alright, alright.” I cut him off before he starts to rant. I took the guitar from him and slung it over my shoulder.

He patted my head. “Good girl.”

I stepped away to avoid his touch. “Stay at least five inches back, please.” I waved one hand in front of him.

There was an evil smile on his face. “No fun! Then I wouldn’t be able to do this!”

He put me in a headlock and started to ruffle my hair.

“Gahhh!” I squirmed. “Yesung, let go!”

“Psh, make me.” He stuck his tongue out.

“Not the hair, not the hair!” I pouted.

He continued on and wouldn’t let go. As I was struggling in his grasp, a shout echoed through the hallway. Yesung’s body jolt as the voice angrily screamed his name.

“KIM JONGWOON!!”

He stopped, and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter