When Your Kids Fell Sick and Cranky Because (S)he Misses Her/His Father Too Much (part2)

Paradise.. ( an Infinite scenarios collection )

When Your Kids Fell Sick and Cranky Because (S)he Misses Her/His Father Too Much

as requested by L-yana

 

Sunggyu - part 2

 

“101 F…,” Sunggyu silently read her temperature as he slowly paced forth and back to keep Hyejoo calm. He turned his head to the door direction when he heard you cracked the door open with a tray of the medicine Hyejoo should take.

“It’s 101..I don’t think it worths a doctor visit,” he began. “But she’s feeling a bit uncomfortable maybe we should change her clothes,”

“O—okay, let me give her the ibuprofen first,”

Sunggyu then sat at the edge of Hyejoo’s tiny bed to make it easier for you to feed her with the medicine. But as you bent down to feed her, Hyejoo realized that it was you, and again she shoved your hand.

“Sirheoo,” she mumbled unclearly. “Darling, open your mouth please,” you sounded weary that even Sunggyu felt kinda bad for you because of Hyejoo’s cranky acts to you.

“noooo~ heju hate eomma~,” she yelled again. It took Sunggyu by surprise, how could Hyejoo say such things to you.

He could really see that you’re hurt by Hyejoo’s words but there’s nothing he could do to console you at the time as he’s still holding Hyejoo in his arms.

“Sshhh…don’t say such words to eomma,” Sunggyu tried to tell her.

Hyejoo who’s still feeling uncomfortable as hell because of her fever started crying again the moment  you moved closer to her. Giving up with it, you then retreated your feet back and placed the medicine beside Sunggyu.

“Araseo araseo, I’ll just let appa do it, okay ?” you said again. “I’ll just--,” and just before you even finished, another voice cut you off.

“Eomma…,” it was Geonwoo, his eyes was slightly red, it seems like he was crying. “What’s wrong, baby?” you walked to him and reached him with a small hug.

“The thunder scare me…can..I…can I sleep with you?” he asked with a small voice. He’s just afraid with what his appa might react. Sunggyu’s the one who’s pretty strict about teaching the kids to sleep alone at their cribs.

“Ah—okay, let’s go back to your bed,” you nodded agreeingly.

“Hyejoo-neun?”

“That’s okay, appa will take care of her,” Sunggyu answered him and cued you to go to Geonwoo’s bed because it’s late already.

As soon as you ushered Geonwoo back, Sunggyu turned to his sick daughter and feed her with the ibuprofen. Good things she listen to everything he said that treating her turns easier than earlier. After finished changing her into a new pajama, Sunggyu tucked her in and sat beside her at the bed.

“Feeling good now?” Sunggyu put a small smile seeing Hyejoo who seemed better. Hyejoo nodded her head understandingly as she played with Sunggyu’s fingers.

“You miss appa that much, huh?” he asked Hyejoo again.

“appa--,” she replied with her tiny voice.

“Wae?”

“Appa--,”

“Eung…appa’s here,” Sunggyu brushed strands of hair from her puffy red cheeks. And Hyejoo just stared at him as if it’s her first time seeing her appa.

“You really look like your mother,” Sunggyu whispered to himself. Instead of little Sunggyu-ish eyes, Hyejoo has a pair of  brown almond-shaped eyes that really reminds him to you.

“And speaking of eomma…how could you say that you hate eomma?” Sunggyu asked and as if she truly understand his question, she tilted her head and hummed a questioning tone.

“Hmm?”

“You can’t say that you hate her, okay ? that is a bad word,” Sunggyu told her.

“but eomma—ha--te appa too,” she replied him with a mumble but he understood it well and that instantly reminded him to the fight he had with you earlier. He remembered you said that you hate him.

“But that’s because appa was bad to eomma…appa deserves it,” Sunggyu said, trying to give a proper explanation to the naïve child. “But eomma never do you wrong, baby…you cannot say that you hate her, okay?”

“She loves you so much, you love her too, right ?”

“Eung…,”

“That’s why you shouldn’t say that to her. Eomma will cry if you say that. You don’t want to see her cry, right ?”

“No…heju don’t want it,”

“Tell her that you’re sorry tomorrow, okay ?” he asked again as he pulled her blanket up to her chest. “Now go to sleep…appa will company you here tonight,”

Two hours later…

After tucking Geonwoo into a deep sleep, you went back to Hyejoo’s room just to find her and his daddy sleeping peacefully. You cracked a relieved smile and walked closer to Hyejoo to give her a good night kiss.

Moving to Sunggyu’s side, you wrapped his sleeping figure at the chair with a blanket. “S—sorry did I wake you up?” you asked lowly when you noticed that Sunggyu flinched in shock as your hand touched his back.

“N—no, I didn’t sleep either,” Sunggyu answered. “I was waiting for you to come,”

“Me ?” you asked confusedly.

“You know she didn’t mean it, right ?” you eyed him with a lost expression. “That she hate you, you know that she didn’t mean it, right ?”

“Hyejoo? Yeah..there’s no need to worry. She’s just being cranky. I—I understand,”

“And besides this is all my fault. She’s just copying everything that I said to you earlier. I—I’m sorry  I said that I hate you. This is all my fault, Sunggyu-ah,” you said, almost breaking into tears.

“N—no no no, that was all my fault. I’m the one who should be sorry. I’m sorry I didn’t take any account to everything you’ve been through lately, I’m sorry…don’t cry baby,” Sunggyu pulled you into a hug and tried to calm you down.

“I promise I won’t do that again,” he said in the most soothing tone that it somehow helped you to stop all those tears.

“I love you, and I didn’t mean it when I said that I hate you, I’m so sorry,” you mumbled at his shoulder, trying to explain everything.

“I know..I love you too, I love you more than anything, now stop crying,”

-------------------------------------

Thanks for the new subscribers !


and to all of you, I really hope that you guys leave more comments/feedback here, so that I could tell if you like my updates or not~^^
besides, you guys have no idea how your comments could really make me so happy and appreciated :D

more comments could probably push me to make more updates! haha