Whan You're in Labor (part 4-2)

Paradise.. ( an Infinite scenarios collection )

When You're in Labor

 

-Hoya- (part 2)

An hour later Hoya noticed the red lamp at the top of the door was turned off. His heart rang in pain as he mentally imagined the worst scenario that’d probably happen . He quickly rose from his seat and paced in front of the door, hoping that someone would come out through that door. Sunggyu and Dongwoo as well followed him when they saw a doctor came out and approached Hoya.

“How’s my wife ?” he asked him fearfully.

The doctor looked at him and slightly curved a smile before he answered Hoya’s question.  “You have a beautiful baby boy, Sir. He’s receiving an intensive care at the NICU now but I’m pleased to tell you that he’s doing very well for a premature baby,”

Hoya could feel like half of the burden pressuring his shoulder was gone. He had a son. A beautiful son. He was happy but the doctor didn’t mention anything about you and that still seriously scared him.

“B—but how’s my wife ?” he asked the doctor again.

“Your wife’s doing just fine. She lost a lot of blood during the c-section but she’s stable now,”

“Thanks God,” Hoya exhaled a big deep relief sigh. He turned around to his brothers and they welcomed him with a hug.

“Congrats, Howon-ah,” Sunggyu said with a smile at his face.

“Thanks hyung,” he replied him softly and turned back to the doctor. “Can I see her now ?”

“We’re not allowing visitors right now,” the doctor said. “Only spouses are allowed to be with the patient,” he added. Sunggyu and Dongwoo then urged Hoya to go inside.

“Go see your wife,” Dongwoo patted Hoya’s shoulder and he just nodded.

“We’ll just go back tomorrow,” Sunggyu said.

“Thanks hyung….,” Hoya said before he finally followed the doctor to the recovery unit. He stepped into the room and a nurse gave him a sterilized outfit before they let him see you.

A pair of nurses then led him to a door with a transparent glass window where you’re treated. He stopped short when he noticed you laid at the bed still with your eyes closed. He closed your eyes and took a deep breath. Trying hard to calm himself as this was the first time for him to see you in a state like that.

“Sir, you can go inside but make sure to keep her calm if she’s awake. Her condition is still fragile right now,” a nurse warned him as she opened the door for him. Hoya lightly nodded his head and took a step in slowly.

Hoya made his way towards your bed and stood there for a while. You looked so pale and fragile it breaks his heart seeing you like that. He caressed your left hand when he notice that it was slightly swollen because of the IV. “I’m sorry,” his voice turned somber as he tried to hold back the tears at the end of his eyes. He’s sorry that you’re hurting right now.

Once again he closed his eyes and clenched his fist tight. He felt like exploding.  If only he could, he would really switch place with you. He just couldn’t bear seeing you like that. “I’m so sorry, baby,” he your hair softly and carefully examined your pale face complexion.

“You better wake up soon, our baby’s waiting for his mom,” Hoya motioned his thumb in a circular ways against your right cheek and plastered a weak smile as he spelled the words ‘baby’. It’s their baby, they’re parents now. Even Hoya still couldn’t believe that he’s a dad now. It’s too fast, too unreal, but it’s really happening now.

“Excuse me, Mr. Lee,” Hoya turned his head when he heard a voice calling him from the door.

“I just want to tell you that you’re allowed to see your son now, in case you’re wondering,” the nurse told him politely and then left the room again.

“Thanks for telling me,”

“My son…” Hoya said in disbelief but he didn’t move from his spot beside your bed though. He’s still debating whether he should leave your room and see the baby by himself now or wait till you wake up and maybe see the baby together with you later. But then his thoughts was interrupted by your dry voice, unclearly mumbling his name.

“Ho—won-ah,” Hoya instantly took your hand and bent closer to you. “Yes, I’m—I’m here baby,” Hoya couldn’t hide the happiness in his tone.

“I’m sorry…,” you said lowly, almost as low as a whisper but still clear enough for Hoya to hear it. Hoya shook his head quick and caressed your hair gently.

“No no no what are you sorry for,” Hoya shushed you and plastered a weak smile. You lifted your weary trembling hand to touch his face and closed your eyes as tears slowly streamed down the edge of your both eyes.

“It was so scary, I thought I’d never be able see your face again,” you said as you looked to Hoya’s worried face.  “I must’ve scared the hell out of you, I’m so sorry Howon-ah,”

“Ssshh, stop saying that…..I’m—I’m glad that the nightmare is over and you’re fine now,” he wiped away the tears from your face.

“The—where’s the baby ? how’s our baby, Howon-ah ?” you panicked when you rested your hand at your stomach and realized that your baby bump was gone.

Hoya smiled, trying to tell you that their baby is fine. “The baby is doing fine. He might be premature but the doctor said that he’s quite strong …such a little -kicker,” he ended with a proud expression.

“Thanks God,” you sighed in relief. “Have you seen him?”

Hoya shook his head. “No,”

“I’ve been too worried about you,” he replied softly. “We should see him together, later when you’re strong enough..now rest,” Hoya pulled up the blanket and told you to go back to your sleep.

“I want to see my baby now,” you shifted at your bed, trying hard to get up to show Hoya that you’re strong enough already.

“W—what are you doing ? You’re still so weak baby, the doctor told that you still need to rest now,” Hoya tried to calm you down. “We’ll see him tomorrow, okay ?”

“But--,” you paused when you felt a dull pain rang at your abdomen. But thank God it's gone even before you could complain about it

“W—what happened ? is it hurt ?” Hoya asked worriedly. You shook your head, signaling that there’s nothing to worry about.

“No, I’m fine….,” you smiled weakly as Hoya assisted you resting your head back at the pillow. “Promise me we’ll see him tomorrow,”

Hoya nodded his head and raised his right hand. “I promise, our baby will be the first thing you see next morning,”

“But as for now you just have to rest, okay ?”

“Where are you going ?” you grabbed Hoya’s arms when he was about to turn to the door’s direction. You thought he’s leaving. “Don’t leave me alone,”

“No I’m not going anywhere,” he said. “I’m dragging that chair here, so that I could sit beside you,” you smiled knowing that Hoya’s not leaving. You’re just too scared to be left all alone again right now.

Hoya carefully placed the chair beside your bed and sat there. “Don’t go anywhere,” you said softly, trying to close your eyes.

“I’m not going anywhere,” said Hoya assuringly. “I promise,”

 You smiled, it’s all you need to hear. That he’s not going anywhere.

“Now sleep,” he covered your hand with his as he watched you closed your eyes to go back to sleep.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Leaving comment or thumbs up wouldn't hurt, right ? xDDDDDDDDDDDD