When He Wants to Get You Back ( part 1 )

Paradise.. ( an Infinite scenarios collection )

When He Wants to Get You Back

This is a continuation from When You Guys Involved in a Fight and He Slapped You

-Part 1-

“Hyungsu-nim, annyeong!” You turned your head to your left side when you felt someone called and tapped you on the shoulder. You widened your eyes in shock seeing Sungjong was all beaming and smiling at you. “It’s been a long time, why aren’t you coming to our dorm anymore ?” Strange, it is. How could he act all like nothing happened and even still called you ‘hyungsu-nim’ when you’re already over with Sunggyu. “I’m pretty sure you’ve known this but Sunggyu hyung isn’t at his best condition lately..I wonder what happened with him,” a stinging pain started throbbing your chest as you heard the word ‘Sunggyu’ came out from his mouth. ‘And what did he say ? not in his best condition ?’ a part of your heart insisted to try to make you asking Sungjong about what happened with Sunggyu, but these stubborn head of yours won the battle afterall. You decided to just act all cool and collected without uttering any single Sunggyu-related question to him.

“You should come and cheer him up,” not even giving you any chance to talk back to him, Sungjong just kept on talking and you just looked at him awkwardly. He seriously didn’t have any idea about what happened between you and Sunggyu. ‘Poor little Sungjong..’

“Hyungsu-nim we miss you, you should cook us your superb tangsuyuk again later!” again, Sungjong just kept on rambling and rambling as he took sips from his coffee. “Sungjong-ah..I---just don’t call me that way anymore, okay ? I—I really need to go now,” you smiled at him awkwardly and tried to make up an excuse to leave as soon as possible from this awkward situation. You could really see Sungjong frowned his eyebrows in confusion from the very corner of your eyes. “Wh-what do you mean ?” he asked you. You spaced out a bit and tried to think what’s the most appropriate answer to explain to him that Sunggyu and you were over. “Could it be--,” you cut him off. “You can go ask your hyung instead, It’s pretty late now, I need to go home. It’s nice meeting you here, Sungjong,” you smiled at him and placed a light tap at his shoulder before leaving.

You walked fast to the closest bus stop. Sometimes you’d turn your head back, in case Sungjong  was trying to catch up with you and asked further about the unfinished talk you both having earlier at the coffee shop. But it seemed like Sungjong was nowhere to found behind you. ‘Oh Thank God’ you could finally breath now.

As soon as you arrived at the bus stop and found yourself an empty seat, your phone started vibrating. You were about to just ignore that call as it’d probably from Sunggyu and yes, you don’t want to talk nor hearing his voice…at least for now, no.

 But still, curiosity kills, you couldn’t help to reach out for your phone to confirm who’s the caller is. And it’s quite surprising that you found ‘Woohyun’ appeared at the caller ID instead of Sunggyu. You rolled your eyes, hestitating whether to answer him or not. You don’t have any problem with Woohyun though, in fact he’s one of the closest friend you have among the Infinite boys. But he’s Sunggyu’s person…that’s the hardest part. If Sungjong didn’t know what happened between you and Sunggyu, you’re pretty sure Woohyun’s the opposite. He probably knows everything already now because will tell him everything. And as close as you and him had been, you always know that he’d side for Sunggyu no matter what happened.

‘What if it’s just Sunggyu trying to call me with Woohyun’s number?’ that question literally made you dropped your phone back to your back and decided to just ignore it.

“Answer the phone, I need to talk with you. Woohyun” desperately wanting you to answer the phone, Woohyun sent you a text message. For some reasons, that ‘I need to talk’ line were suffocating that you even decided to just answer his call the second another call from him came in.

“Oh thank God,” Woohyun exclaimed in relief when he heard you said hello. “What is it, Woohyun ?” you asked him expressionlessly. “Look..I don’t really know what’s exactly happening between Sunggyu hyung and you--,” sensing that this talk would obviously leading to Kim Sunggyu, you decided to cut him off. “I don’t want to talk about him, Nam Woohyun. Okay, bye,” you were about to end the call but Woohyun raised his voice and told you to stop. “Stop wait..you need to listen to me first,”

“What ?” you retorded at him. “As much as you ‘hate’ him now, or feel like killing him or whatever…if you happened to see or have any contact with him, please tell me, okay ?” Woohyun’s tone started scaring you. He’s talking as if Sunggyu’s missing and they don’t even know how to find him. “What do you mean ?” you asked him, tried to dig further explanation from him. “So Woollim gave us a free day,” Ah, so that’s why you bumped into Sungjong earlier. “And I don’t know…he went MIA since this morning. We thought he’s just going out with some of his friends, but none of his friends know his whereabouts right now…and he wouldn’t answer his phone,” you felt a lump at your throat, a part of you still does worry about Sunggyu.

Woohyun’s explanation just made you realize that Sunggyu hadn’t left any single call or voice mail to your phone ever since this morning. It’s kinda strange because your phone would usually be flooded with Sunggyu’s missed calls and message stuffs that you didn’t even read before deleting them. But today’s a zero…. You started wondering what could’ve happened to Sunggyu. You didn’t even realize that Woohyun were still waiting for you at the other line of the call. “Yah!” Woohyun’s loud voice snapped you back to real life. “A-ah yes…I’ll tell you if somehow I meet him,” you quickly answered Woohyun and ended the call.

After ending the call, you walked out from your seat and fetched a taxi instead. Well, it’s not that the bus wouldn’t come or something, it’s just…after Woohyun’s call earlier, you couldn’t help but feel the urge to be home as soon as possible. Though you still haven’t forgiven Sunggyu, in fact, you don’t even know if you could face him again, somehow you hoped that he’s waiting in front of your door now. Thus, at least you’d know that he’s not doing something stupid and fine.

Setting your feet at the apartment building already, you walked down the lonely corridor. It’s too lonely you could even hear you own footsteps. Your mind still wouldn’t stop thinking about Sunggyu’s whereabouts . As much as you’re mad at him. As much as it hurts everytime you think about him slapping you that day. You just couldn’t lie, he’s a part of you. He’s a part of you, that you couldn’t detach nor unlove.

“S-sunggyu?” goosebumps started shivering down your neck when you saw a figure sitting in front of your door. God just answered your prayer. Kim Sunggyu looked…all fine. Well, you’re not that sure though because he hung his head low as his hands were clutching onto his knees wearily. “Sunggyu ?” you called out his name again, low enough to get his attention,.

“You’re home ?” he slowly tilted his head. You turned your gaze away from him as his little eyes started to find your eyes.  “Wh-what are you doing here ? the boys are desperately looking for you,” you tried to sound as casual as you could. “They---did ?” he choked out. “They do, I’ll call Woohyun and tell him that you’re here,” you hurriedly dag your bag to reach for your phone. “No-no-no..,” Sunggyu tried hard to get up and stop you from calling Woohyun.

You frowned and widened your eyes when you realized that Sunggyu was drunk. It just hit you when you saw him all wobbly at his own feet, trying hard to get up, and not to mention his red eyes. He’s drunk, he’s wickedly drunk, you’re not even sure about what you should do right now. “Have you been drinking ?” you asked him. “A little…,” answered Sunggyu as he successfully stood up with his back leaning to your door. Looking him all drunk and vulnerable, you knew he didn’t just drink ‘a little’. You knew Sunggyu has a superb high tolerance of drinking, he would still sober even after multiple shots of soju or any kinds of alcohol, but maybe this time he drank a little too much. “H-hey careful!” you rushed towards him and wrapped an arms at his waist to support him from falling.

“I was----I was trying to go home but then I get lost---,” Sunggyu managed to let out those words despite all the choking. “I tried to open the door-----but it rejected me,” Sunggyu said again, his fingers was unconsciously running around the lock keypad. He tried to push the number you used to tell him, but it didn’t work. Of course it didn’t. You changed the door combination code the night you declared ‘goodbye’ with him.

Honestly it’s amazing, the fact that he still could remember your door pin and even remember all the way to your home despite how drunk he is. He couldn’t even find his way home, but he still could find your door. It really shown how deep are you within him.

You then gently pushed Sunggyu’s hand from the buttons and started entering the new pin to open the door. “It smells like you….,” Sunggyu whispered lowly the moment you helped him step into your bedroom. You carefully placed him at your bed and stared at him listlessly for like five seconds before he slowly opened his worn-out eyes and caught your gaze. “I tried to erase you…but I just can’t…,” Sunggyu said helplessly, you at the other hand didn’t show reaction that much despite the piercing ache throbbing your chest now. “You’re so beautiful….I miss you so much,” Sunggyu planted a faint smile as his hand were trying to reach yours.

“Wh-what’s with your knuckles?” you balled your eyes in surprise seeing his knuckles were all bruised and slightly bleeding. Kim Sunggyu isn’t a person who’d randomly pick a fight with anyone, clearly that bruises weren’t from fighting or something. It’s more like deep scratches from sharp glass. ‘What happened with you, Sunggyu –ah ? Why are you hurting yourself like this ?’ you couldn’t stop wondering. It’s aching to see him at this state. Who’d know that a breakup could turn the almighty leader of Infinite into a mess like this.

 “Wait a sec,” you told him expressionlessly and ran to the bathroom for the first aid kit. You need to at least take care if that scars or else it’ll get worse and leave an annoying mark at his hand.

Sitting by the edge of the bed, you carefully held Sunggyu’s bruised hand and started applying ointment to it. Taking care of someone’s scar never felt this hard and hurting for you. Instead of Sunggyu who should be wincing in pain because of this bruise, you’re the one who couldn’t stand the pain within and cried instead. Trying hard to hold back those tears ever since the moment you saw Sunggyu all vulnerable and hurting like that, finally they’re strolling down your cheeks. There’s no need to hide them anymore though, since Sunggyu’s too drunk to even realize his surrounding..and he wouldn’t even hearing your cry. One sob after another, you just couldn’t stop crying. You painfully aware that you’re still not over him and probably would never be able to be over him.

“Ouch…,” Sunggyu let out a little groaning pain that somehow shocked you. “Did it hurt ? I-I’m sorry,” you apologized and tried to wipe away the tears blurring your vision. You then gently wrapped an thin bandage around his knuckles and finished it down.

Finished with the hand, you then moved to untie his sneakers. Sunggyu moved a bit when he realized pair of hands at his feet. Though it needed an extra effort to take that sneakers off him, you finally did it. You pulled the blanket up to his chest and make sure the room’s heater is on before going out of the room to get him some water and aspirin.

“Don’t go,” Kim Sunggyu, despite his severly drunken state, he could still boldly grabbed your hand and stopped you from leaving. You then turned around and told him that you’re just going out for a glass of water. You swallowed down, and sighed a deep breath as Sunggyu’s touch started making you feel more and more miserable. It’s not because you didn’t like it, it’s just because you just realized how much you’re missing his touch that even a small interaction like holding hands could give you such sensation.

“Stay..,” Sunggyu said again, this time he pulled you down to the bed and made you sit down. “I’m---I’m sorry..I’m such a jerk to you,” you turned your head to Sunggyu as you heard a quite make sense line came out from his mouth. “Just..shut up and go to sleep,” you ignored his words and told him to just close his eyes and sleep.

After for like half an hour sitting there doing nothing, you carefully get Sunggyu’s hands off of yours and sneaked out of the room. You then reached out to your phone and texted Woohyun.

‘He’s here, you guys don’t need to worry,’

The next morning Sunggyu woke up to an annoying headache throbbing the back of his head. He sleepishly groaned and opened his eyes wearily just to find out that he’s in a very familiar room. “W-wait..why am I here ?” he whispered to himself. He widened his eyes gradually when all the things at this room reminded him to you. It just hit him that this is exactly your room after five minutes of thinking and scanning his whereabouts. He struggled to get up despite the heat of soju streaming down his throat and chest which’s kinda painly piercing him. Not to mention the pain all over his left knuckles. Sunggyu felt like a mess as everything in his body are all aching, including his heart.

“You’re awake ?” you welcomed him with an extra casual question the moment Sunggyu stepped out from your room. “I’m sorry I didn’t mean to bug you or something. Did I do something stupid last night ?” Sunggyu quickly apologized to you realizing that you’re acting strange and busying yourself with nonsense to do at the kitchen. “No,” you replied him shortly, didn’t dare to look him at the eye.

“Look baby, listen..I need to talk with you,” you stumbled at your own feet when Sunggyu called you ‘baby’. “Stop doing this, Kim Sunggyu. I don’t want to talk, and don’t you dare to baby me anymore,” you replied him coldly. Sunggyu’s face fell, well he knew it already that getting back with you will be so hard this time.

“I fixed you porridge for breakfast..and some aspirins to help you get rid of the hangover, I really need to go now,” you lied again, making up excuses so that you could avoid him. “W-wait,” Sunggyu stopped you from leaving. “Are you going to just leave like this ?” he asked you. “Yeah, my friend is waiting for me..I’m late already,” you replied him innocently without even looking him at the eye while you’re focusing on putting on the wedges.

“No, I mean us, are you just going to just leave like this ?”