When He Comes Home Late From Work

Paradise.. ( an Infinite scenarios collection )

When He Comes Home Late From Work

-Sunggyu-

“Where were you ?” a thick yet cold voice echoed as soon as Sunggyu entered the bedroom. He jolted in shock and turned his head to the bed direction. He realized that you’re not asleep. In fact, you even looked furious, and mad.

“B-Babe, you shocked me…,” Sunggyu let out a low reply as he started untying his tie. He could sense something’s wrong with your expression, but decided to just pretend like nothing happened since he’s too drained out already. All he thought about that time was just to go to sleep as soon as possible. “I thought you already asleep,” he added. Sunggyu slowly made his way to the bed and settled himself right beside you. “Why aren’t you asleep yet ? Waiting for me ?” he asked you, tried to melt down the icy situation. But that was just….a vain.

“You didn’t answer my question though, Gyu…where were you ?” instead of answering Sunggyu’s question, you demanded him to answer your earlier question first. “Office...of course, where else should I be, babe..,” Sunggyu answered.

“Till 1 AM ? Wow,” you replied him coldly. “What…you didn’t believe me ?” Sunggyu furrowed his eyebrow and asked you in disbelief. “..you should’ve called or text me if you’re going to do so, Gyu…so that---,” she paused.

“So that what ?” demanded Sunggyu. “Nah..just forget it, I’m not in the mood,” you then shut your mouth. You turned off the dim light at the bedroom and pulled up the blanket.

“I’m sorry—I didn’t call…but it’s just a call, I mean…even if I’m home late, you know I wouldn’t do anything else beside work, right ?” Sunggyu bluntly replied you, slightly bailed by your ‘not-in-the-mood’ statement. He’s sick…and tired of this icy atmosphere that he didn’t even realize  his statement earlier irritated you more than he could ever imagine.

“Just a call ?” you raised your voice, totally irritated by Sunggyu’s words. Hot tears started dwelling right at your very own eyes but you didn’t let yourself crying and kept holding them back. You faced your back to Sunggyu so that he wouldn’t see that, but he knew it…he knew that it was tears.

“B-baby..I-I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to-,” knowing the fact that he was too overboard with his comment earlier, Sunggyu started panicking. He tried to console you, but you cut him off.

“Go wash yourself before going to bed, Kim Sunggyu,” you ignored his apology and talked about another subject instead.

 That was the second Sunggyu realized that you’re really--really mad at him. When you’re mad, you called him with his full name instead of his pet names, and this time is not an exception.

“Baby I’m so sorry, I was about to text you but then--,” she cut him off…again. “Just stop, I’m going to sleep,”

“F-Fine..,” Sunggyu then reluctantly followed your words and dragged his feet to the bathroom. After taking a quick shower, he walked to the kitchen counter to get himself a glass of water. But not even till he reached the fridge, he stopped at his feet as he passed the dining table. He found himself taken aback when he saw a table full of his favorite dishes….and worse, they were left untouched.

Guilt started shivering down his neck. “These must be the things she talked about earlier…,” Sunggyu bit his lower lips and ruffled his brown hair in frustration. He should’ve told her that he was going to be late….he should have.

Sunggyu walked back to his room. He laid down beside you and started backhugging you. You swifted a bit when you realized Sunggyu’s hands at your waist. He knew you’re not sleeping…he knew you wouldn’t be able to sleep if you still haven’t finished this things off with him. “I know you’re not sleeping,” you heard him, but chose to ignore him.

“I’m sorry I was too much earlier…,” he held you closer. Close enough to get you feel his warm breath lingered around your neck. “I’m sorry I didn’t call….and I’m sorry, now that all those delicious dishes went cold…please talk to me..,” Sunggyu ranted his never-ending apology.

“We could just trash them all…you don’t need to be sorry..,” you replied him lowly. Your cold hand tried to shove his hands off your waist but he didn’t budge. Instead, he tightened his grip.

“I’m sorry…I’m such a bad guy..but please stop doing this to me..oh?” he said it again. “You know I feel like dying when you’re doing this to me…,”

“Babe, look at me..look at me..,” he tried to get you turned around and looked at him. You then lazily turned around and faced him. “Baby stop crying…,” he said as soon as he saw your face. “I’m not crying, you babo..,” you lied.

“Then what’s with that reddish nose and eyes…,” he whispered as his fingertips started wiping those leftover tears stained by the end of your cheeks. “I promise I’ll never go home late again, okay ?” he gave you a teddy bear hug and caressed your hair gently.

“Oh come on…how is that even possible, grandpa?” you mumbled at his chest knowing that hie promise earlier woud just too impossible to not be broken. You didn’t even realize that you called him grandpa. Sunggyu even curved a single smile when he heard that ‘grandpa’ word came out from you.

“Ehm..or at least I promise I’ll tell you if I’m going to be late so that this wouldn’t happen again..okay ?” Sunggyu then ‘fixed’ his promise and kissed the top of your head. “Now stop being mad at me, okay ?”

“I’m not mad at you…I’m just….pissed,” you answered him silently. “Then if you’re not mad at me, accompany me to eat my dinner please…,” Sunggyu asked.

“Oh please it’s not even dinner time…and besides…those food are spoiled already I guess…,” you still cursed behind your breath, but Sunggyu knew you forgave him already. “But my stomach is still growling…I need to eat that delicious food done by my baby or else I wouldn’t be able to go to sleep,” Sunggyu whined with his trademark aegyo as he hugged you even tighter..and tighter just to get a yes from you.

“Yah grandpa I can’t breath…,” you struggled to get him  breaking that hug. But Sunggyu..he’s just too stubborn to let you go before he gets that ‘yes’ from you. “Oh come on, it’ll be too lonely if I’m just sitting there all alone, babe..,”

“Okay..araso araso..now get me off, grandpa…,” you gave up and decided to accompany him at the dining table.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you think ?? comments and subscribes please~~ :3

Thank youuuu~~