Chapter 2

Because Of You

5 days left until debut.You stare atyour organizer happily, it felt like a dream.You could still remember whenyou first entered Woolim Entertainment asthe only international trainee. Alone but determined,you continuously studied Korean and practiced everyday, hoping to debut one day. “Buzz.”

Takingoutyour phone,you scannedthe screen. “World’s coolest Oppa ^^”

You scoffed atthe name that Myungsoo secretly changed.The public see him as Infinite’s Visual, chic and cool, but really, his immaturity level can almost be compared with Choding Yeol.

          You flippedyour phone open to readthe text message.

          “Let’s go eat meat with Hoya and Jooyeon Sunday night! kkkk”

          “Kim Myungsoo… sunsaengnim told us to watch our diet kkkk”

          “Ifyou keep it a secret, Oppa will treatyou ^^”

          “Areyou bribing me, Myungsoo Oppa? Kkk”

          “Kkk, let’s go! Let’s go! ~”

          “Aish, fine…”You closeyour phone and place it besideyour water bottle. Cranking upthe music,you continue to practice alone at night.

          4 days left. Eternal continues to practice all day.You guys sit in a circle for water break when Jooyeon suddenly talks about Infinite.

          “Hoya Oppa invited me to goout for dinner with _____ and Myungsoo Oppa!”

          “Ah, seriously?You must be dying with happiness right now!” Eunkyung laughs as she imitates Jooyeon’s excited squeal.

          “Buzz.” New text from Myungsoo.

          “Kkk guess what?”

          “I won’t know unlessyou tell me ._.”

          “I asked Krystal to goout for Patbingsu next Friday night~kkk she said yes!”You stared atthe screen in shock.

    He really did it. He asked herout

“Ah…congrats Kim Myungsoo, I knewyou could do it.”You couldn’t help but sound likeyou weren’t too happy, hoping he’d notice.

          “Thankyou ______! Listening toyou wasthe right choice, always will be~”

Nope, he didn’t notice, at all.

          “Eung, I have to practice, good night Oppa.”You click send and throwyour phone carelessly againstthe wall. As Eternal continues to practice,you repeatedly swallowedthe big lump inyour throat, beggingyour tears not to comeout. ‘Don’t be stupid _____,you know better than to throw a temper. His happiness isyour happiness, don’t ruin it.”

          2 days left.You and Jooyeon were about to goout.

          “Jooyeon, use this, it works really well!” Jinae threw a purple mascara bottle at her, grinning atthe nervous Jooyeon.

          Allthe girlsof Eternal knew that Jooyeon had a crush on Hoya since she first enteredthe company. It was cute really, because Hoya was especially protectiveof her as well.

          You sit onthe white sofa, watching last week’s episodeof Inkigayo and waiting for Jooyeon toget ready.

          “Yah, ______, don’t tell meyou’re wearing thatoutside.” Hyerin asked.You look down atyouroutfit, grey sweats and a navy green hoodie.

          “What’s wrong with what I’m wearing, we all wear this to practice…”You mumbled.

          “That’s exactlythe problem! We don’t wear our practice clothesoutside!” Eunkyung laughed, pushingyou back intothe room. “Come on girls, let’s make our little maknae pretty tonight.”

          You sit impatiently asyour unnies curlyour hair and put makeup onyou.They forceyou to wear a white oversized knitted sweater with a black laced skirt that fell aboveyour knees, matched with a beige trenchcoat and a pairof light brown high boots.You gasped atthe sightof a doll-like figure throughthe mirror. ‘Is that really me?’ It wasthe first timeyou’ve dressed up ever sinceyou came to Korea. Ifyou ever had left over money,you would save it up to buyyour mother something nice. ‘

          “Aww, ______,you look so cute!” Jaeji smiled.

          “Thankyou, Jaeji unnie.”You look atthe members with gratitude. ‘Will Myungsoo like it? Who am I kidding,the only one in his eyes is Krystal.’

          “Have fun okay guys? It may be oneof the last chances where we live like regular people.” Jinae beamed.

          “We will!” Jooyeon said as she pulledyou out the door.You guys walk alongthe streets inthe cold Seoul winter night, trying toget a taxi.

          “Hongdae please!” Jooyeon smiled.