Chapter 4

Because Of You

“It’s tomorrow guys! Let’s make today memorable!” Taeji announced, bringing you and Eternal to have more energy to practice. However, Manager Oppa comes in and tells you guys to stop the music and go out with him. All the members of Eternal follow him into the car, wondering where he is taking you.

          “Today is Infinite’s Goodbye Stage, let’s show our support by giving them a surprise party!” Hyerin squeezes your hand, make sure that you were feeling okay. The rest of the members look at you, wondering if you were able to face Myungsoo. ‘I’ll be fine.’ You mouthed, and gave them a smile.

          Manager Oppa timed everything very well. When Eternal entered the backstage room for Infinite, they were away performing. As you all are getting the food and cake ready, you watch the TV and stare whenever Myungsoo sang his part. You felt a little tug in your heart everytime he appeared.

          “Come on, let’s hide!” Eunkyung pulled you beside the couch, all crouching and waiting for the door to open.

          “SURPRISE!” You guys throw confetti into the air. Infinite looked shocked, then relieved that it was only you and the girls.

          “Wow! Did you guys plan this for us?” Dongwoo did his signature laugh.

          “Erm, actually, Manager Oppa did…but we helped!” Taeji grinned. The girls of Eternal started congratulating Infinite.

          “Sunggyu Oppa! You did great!” You give Sunggyu a thumbs up, “Your vocal skills really are amazing!” Sunggyu smiled, creating a line for his eyes.

          “Thank you ______-ah! Good luck tomorrow!”

          “Yah, what about me, ______?” Sungyeol playfully tugged your arm.

          “Uh, you were good.” You replied in a monotone voice. You watch as Sungyeol’s excited expression change. You started laughing, “Sungyeol Oppa, you take me too seriously! You were excellent as well!” Patting his shoulder, which was a little too tall for you. Sungyeol gave you his famous choding smile.

          “Hey, _______.” You turn around and see Myungsoo standing behind you.

          “Oh, L Oppa, good job.” You quickly smiled and walk to the cake, grabbing a plate. Myungsoo follows you and grabs your hand.

          “Yah, ______, why are you ignoring my texts. I didn’t even know if you and Jooyeon got home safely the other night.” He spoke in a frustrated voice.

“Well, if I didn’t get home safely I wouldn’t be standing in front of you right now.” You replied coldly, lightly pulling your hand away.

“Okay, I’m sorry that I neglected you at the restaurant, I really am. Can we talk tonight, I need to tell you something.” You gave him a quick nod.

“Alright, I’ll meet you at th-”

“L-sshi!” A sweet voice appeared at the doorway. Myungsoo quickly glanced over there.

“Krystal-sshi!” He stared at her in shock. You could tell that there was a hint of excitement in his voice.

          “Good job today.” She smiled, “Come on, the ending is starting. Let’s go!” She grabbed Myungsoo’s hand and pulled him outside.
          “We’ll be right back, they’re announcing the winner.” Sungjong sang as the rest of Infinite walked out.

          “I wonder who’s going to win…” Jooyeon muttered as you and your members gather around the TV.

          The MC’s started talking about the wonderful performances and the screen revealed the tally for each category.

          “And the winner is…Infinite!” Sparkles are flying across the stage and Infinite smiles radiantly at their award.

          Sunggyu takes the mic and gives a thank you speech for their Manager Hyung, Coordi Noona, and of course, Inspirits. You watch Sunggyu hand the mic to Myungsoo.

          “I would like to thank my family for the support they give me, also my cute dongsaeng, ______.” You suddenly find yourself smiling at his statement, bringing bittersweet emotions. “Also, I’d like to thank someone who gives me the motivation to be on stage performing everyday.” Myungsoo turns his head to look at a figure, the camera zooms in and it is revealed to be Krystal.

          You stare at the screen, unable to process what you just heard. ‘Did Myungsoo really just confess to the public that he liked Krystal?’