Chapter 13

Because Of You

“We’re going to be late!” Manager Oppa shouts anxiously.

          “Okay, okay!” You hurriedly take your jacket out of the closet and run towards the door.

          In the car, Manager Oppa starts telling you about your schedule.

          “You’ll be filming a spring special with Daehyun today. You two will be promoting the new amusement park in Bucheon. Remember, show some interest towards Daehyun, more skinship equals higher ratings.”

          You nod your head understandingly. Your manager has been nagging you to show a more feminine side to the public, now that you are the rumoured girlfriend of Daehyun.

          “Oppa, who else is doing the show?” You doodle on the car window, drawing a pig.

          “Myungsoo and Krystal from f(x).”

          You accidently cut the pig in half.

          “Great, now I have to see the two people I don’t want to see together the most, along with acting like I’m in love with Daehyun…” You muttered, however a sense of guilt pangs at you for complaining about Daehyun. How could you whine about him when he did so much for you?

          You’re a horrible person, _______.

          As you arrive on the set, cameras were being set up. You get dragged by one of the stylists into the temporary changing room. She hands you simple outfit and starts putting make up on you.

          “Anyeonghaeseyo!” A sweet voice sang as she bowed to the coordinators. You stand up and do a 90 degree bow.

          “Anyeonghaeseyo, Krystal sunbae-nim.” You notice that your voice was not as high as hers but rather dull and emotionless. Krystal smiles at you and waves.

          “Ah, you must be Myungsoo’s hoobae, ________!”

          “Haha, yes…” You reply awkwardly, hoping the conversation would end soon. She didn’t treat you badly or anything, however, you can’t help but feel jealousy towards her.

          You and Krystal both walk out of the tent and onto the set.

          “Girls, remember, stay natural. Just talk to your partner like how you always do.” The director advises.

          You look around for Daehyun. Was he late?

          “Boo.” Said a whisper in your ear.

          “Hul, Daehyun, you almost gave me a heartattack!” You push Daehyun away.

Daehyun tumbles back, “Your expression was speechless!” He bursts into laughter.

Thank god, we aren’t being awkward.

You smile mockingly at him.

“Jung Daehyun, do you wanna die?” Daehyun quickly holds his laughter and puts on a straight face.

“No m’am.”

“Good horsie.” You pat his platinum blonde hair.

To your surprise, the camera has already started filming. You turn around and see another camera filming L and Krystal already holding hands and strolling as they were talking to each other. You unconsciously pout to yourself, forgetting that you are on camera. You quickly look at the rides offered in the new amusement park and find yourself to be extremely energized.

“Let’s play all the rides!” You jump up and down.

“Yeah, sure.” Daehyun swallows uncomfortable, “W-which one first?”

“Of course…” You point to the giant red roller coaster, “The Revolution! Muahaha!” Your childish side slowly makes an appearance. You tug on Daehyun’s sleeve, “Let’s go, let’s go!”

Daehyun shuffles slowly towards the attraction, “Why…don’t we start with something less…I don’t know…scary?” He whispers to you.

“No. I want this one.” You nod your head repeatedly. You drag the unwillingly Daehyun onto the seats of the ride. Although the line was long, you guys had a special pass that allowed no waiting.

“Why’s your face green?” You ask, “Are you afraid of extreme rides?”

“N-no.” Daehyun looks away, avoiding your gaze.

“You are!” You exclaim, trying to hide your teasing grin, “Wow, B.A.P.’s charismatic vocalist, Jung Daehyun, is afraid of roller coasters. That’s news to me.” You sing to yourself, entertained at Daehyun’s embarrassed face.

“Yah! Can you be any louder?” Daehyun hissed, “Everyone can hear you!” You look around and see girls screaming his name.

“_______ unnie! You’re so cool!” A voice screamed. You happily wave at the direction of the voice. You turn your attention back to Daehyun.

“Ah, you’re worried that your fangirls will hear about your little secret?”

Daehyun nods his head lightly, forcing a deep cough to act cool.

“I think you’re forgetting something very important.” You smile.

“What?”

“The camera in front of us just captured everything we said.” You point out. Daehyun stares at the camera in front of him and waves awkwardly.

“Hello everyone…This is B.A.P.’s lead vocalist Daehyun.”

Daehyun clears his throat, “If you’re scared, you can hold my arm.”

“Aish, stop acting cool, Jung Daehyun. You just want me to hold your hand because you scared.” You tease, smirking at his embarrassed face.

“Ride will start in 3…2…1…” You quickly hug his arm as you give your most convincing scream.

 

“What do you want to go on next…?” Daehyun asked, hugging his stomach. You two have already been on all the most exciting rides. All of them involved a very hyper you and a queasy Daehyun. But he always tried to hide it and act cool. You two walk along the path and stand in front of the haunted house. It was omitting a dark aura by playing eerie music. You look at the shattered windows with bloody corpses hanging down.

“You guys should try this ride.” The cameraman suggested. You and Daehyun look at the surrounding fans, all of them seem to want you two to enter.

“Let’s go.” Daehyun points at the house. You stare at the horrifying building and shake your head with a pout. “Oh, is our little ______ finally scared now?” Daehyun starts teasing you.

“N-no I’m not!” You defend yourself. Daehyun holds your hand and clutches it tightly.

“Don’t worry, I’ll protect you.” He smiles. You look down and frown.

          Stupid Jung Daehyun, don’t show that smile to me. Don’t you know that it makes people blush…

Every step creates a squeak in the wooden floor boards. You peek at the dead smiling clowns with bloody smiles.

“I hate you guys the most.” You whisper at them, “Go die, go die!”

You can hear Daehyun chuckling at you, “They are already dead, _______. Besides, they aren’t real.” Daehyun wraps his arm around your shoulder and pulls you closer to him.

Suddenly, a door opens and zombie with blood on his face pops out and touches your shoulder.

“AHHHHHHHHHH!” You scream as you chase after the zombie. The zombie starts running away from you as you kick his torso. A yelp of a man slips out and Daehyun quickly holds you from attacking the actor.

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry.” You bow repeatedly. You are currently in the backroom of the haunted house where the actor who acted as the zombie is sitting down with bruises all over him. “I’m so sorry I got carried away and attacked you!” You keep your head down.

“Haha, it’s okay. Maybe I shouldn’t have touched you, then you wouldn’t…” The man laughs as he puts ice on his injuries. Daehyun stands beside you, holding in his laughter.

“Laugh all you want!” You shout, “He was really scary!” Your frustrated voice causes Daehyun to laugh even harder.

“I…can’t believe you attacked that man.” Daehyun wipes his tears, “You were so scared yet you wanted to be tough.”

“Hey…you were like that on the roller coaster too!” You blurt out. Daehyun quickly stops laughing and tells the camera man to start filming again.

“Everyone, never let Eternal’s ______ to go in another haunted house again!” Daehyun says to the camera, “So, which ride should we go on next?”

There were multiple screams from the fans but one appeared most often.

“Alright, to the Mirror Maze we go!”

You and Daehyun walk happily towards to the direction of the Ferris Wheel when you notice that there was another camera far away.

“Oh, Myungsoo and Krystal sunbaenim are there too.” Daehyun points out.