Chapter 8

Because Of You

“So you mean…” Your eyes widen at his sudden confession.

          “Yeah…I-I like you.” Daehyun stutters.

          “Why?” You blurt out, confused why anyone would choose to like you. In Eternal, there was Jooyeon and Haerin who were absolutely stunning, Jinae and Eunkyung were both y and attractive. And of course, your extremely cool and responsible leader, Taeji, was also liked by many male idols. Why you? You were stubborn, bad-tempered, childish, and failed to be compassionate or caring.

          “When B.A.P. watched Eternal’s debut performance, we all became a fan of you guys. But whenever the camera was on you…I couldn’t take my eyes away.” Daehyun mumbles as if he was talking to the floor.

“Aish! Why do I sound so creepy!” He ruffles his hair in frustration.

          You couldn’t help but laugh softly at Daehyun. His messy blond hair and flushed cheeks made him look like an embarrassed puppy.

          “When the Manager told us that we were collaborating with Eternal and that I was partnered up with you…I seriously couldn’t sleep that night! My heart was like thump thump thump all night!” Daehyun’s eyes suddenly looked so surprised, “That feeling was something new. Something real…And when I got to know you, I felt like I was…”

          “Was what…?” You ask quietly.

          “Complete.” He looks up and smiles warmly. “And…I like that feeling.” Daehyun confesses, “A lot.”

          “I see…” You nod your head slowly.

          “But I’m not anticipating your feelings or anything. I know that there’s someone inside your heart…and it’s not me. I just want to tell you that there is me who will always be here whenever you need support.” Daehyun smiles to himself shyly. All you could do was look at Daehyun unresponsively.

          Daehyun…don’t waste your time on me. I’m a stupid girl who can’t get over a guy who has hurt her more than enough times…

Daehyun forces an awkward cough, hoping to break the silence. “Oh yeah, when you were sleeping your Manager called, he said that your car broke down so you guys have to find a way back home yourselves.” Daehyun stands up, patting the dust on his sweatpants and acting if it was fine after his confession. But how can you be calm after a guy you’ve met for a week suddenly tells you that he likes you? But if Daehyun feels more comfortable that way, you decided that you will act casual as well.

“I’ll…just walk home then…it’s not too far from here” You slightly grumbled.

“I’ll walk you home.” Daehyun picks up his cellphone as he wears his jacket. As you try to get up, you realized that your left leg was completely asleep, causing you to tumble down again.

“Aish…” You muttered to yourself.

“What’s wrong?”

“My leg’s asleep.” You pouted.

Daehyun starts laughing uncontrollably, “Come on, I’ll piggyback you.”

          You stare at him. First the head massage, then the confession, and now a piggy back ride? “Haha, are you shy ______?”

          “No.” You scoff. Suddenly, Daehyun swings you up and places you on his back. “Yah! Jung Daehyun! Put me down!” You start wrangling his neck. Daehyun starts to choke, “Ah-Ju-just let me d-do it!” You release your hold and fling your arms his collarbone area.

          “Let’s go! Jung Daehyun Horsie!” You squealed. Daehyun runs out of the room and onto the streets of the Seoul night.

          “What’s with the sudden change?” Daehyun breaths heavily, laughing at your unexpected immaturity.

          “It’s embarrassing…”

“Just tell me! Come on, it can’t be more embarrassing that what I just said to you.” He laughed.

“…”

“…”

“I feel powerful up here.” You quietly admitted.

Daehyun bursts into uncontrollable laughter, causing you to tilt backwards.

“Yah, don’t drop me!” You playfully choke his neck. Daehyun slowly calms down and walks in regular pace.

“Alright Princess _______, back to your castle we go!”

“No I’m a WARRIORR HUH!” You playfully sang, noticing the corners of his mouth go up. “Daehyun, you know, you should smile more. I like it more than your “Cold, Busan Man” Image.

From the light of the moon, you can see Daehyun’s cheeks tinted with red. “I-I’ll only smile in front of you.” Daehyun stuttered with heavy cycles of breathing.

          Somehow, your heart was filled with warmth. You didn’t know if it was from Daehyun’s body heat or his sweet words.

          “We’re here.” Daehyun whispers, gently putting you down on your feet.

          “Thank you!” You said, hitting your leg spiritedly, making sure it was okay now. Suddenly, Daehyun leans in and plants a soft kiss on your cheeks, causing the both of you to burn up.

          “G-good night ______.” Daehyun quickly turns and walks rapidly away. You were standing there, in shock from what just happened. Until you suddenly hear a yell of accomplishment far away, putting a grin on your face for the rest of the night.