Chapter 8

Because Of You

Myungsoo walks swiftly across the practice room and pushes Daehyun to floor. He crouches down and holds Daehyun by his t-shirt collar, scowling.

          “What were thinking touching her like that.” A low hiss in Myungsoo’s voice. He quickly turned to you and grabbed your right wrist solid.

          “Let’s go.”

          As you follow his fast paced steps, you struggle to get out of his grip. Myungsoo pushes the building door open and you two walk outside along the path to your dorm.

          “What are you doing.” You impatiently whispered, looking down. Myungsoo suddenly slows down and stands still on the middle of the street.

          “I thought he was hurting you.” He talked as if you were strangers.

          “And since when did you care?” You asked coldly.

          Silence.

          “Do you really hate me this much?” Myungsoo turned and faced you, laughing emotionlessly.

          “…Yes, I do.” You stare hard into his eyes, holding in your tears.

          “C…can we at least talk ab-”

          “L, I should probably get going. It’s getting late.” You slip your hand out of his grasp and started walking away.

          “_________!” You hear Myungsoo’s footsteps getting closer to you, an olive coloured scarf wraps around your bare neck. “It’s going to be cold tonight, and…I’m sorry.” He whispered into your ear. You give a quick nod without turning and continue walking. Unaware your memories are opening your wound again, a warm trickle falls down on your cheeks.

          The next day was filled with performances. You didn’t get enough sleep last night and there was no time today for food to enter your stomach. But you noticed each crowd you performed fall, there were always at least a sign that said “MyungStal Couple ♥” And everytime you would look past those words and put more raw emotions into your performance.

The day was ending soon when you remember that you still have a vocal practice when Daehyun later. Eternal’s van pulls up towards TS Entertainment’s building. The girls climb out of the car and wave unenergetically to your Manager. Eternal separate themselves into different practice rooms, finding their own partners. The door creek as it opens. There was a figure sitting on the floor in the dark.

          “Who’s there!?” You shouted in alarm, flashing the lights back on.

          “Who else can it be?” An amused voice chuckled.

          “Oh, it’s you Daehyun.” You yawned casually and slopped beside him, “Why are you so early today? You’re usually like half an hour late for our practices.”

          Daehyun glances at you, “I-uh, wanted to apologize for what happened yesterday.”

          You sat there in shock. You were too caught up in your schedule today that you completely forgot about what happened between you two last night.

          “Oh, uh…yeah, don’t worry about it.” You rub your neck when sudden pain attacks the sides of your head. It felt like somebody was squishing your brain in between two bricks, waiting for it to burst. “Ah…” you frown and let out a groan.

          “What’s wrong?” Daehyun’s eyes were filled with concern.

          “My head really hurts…must be my lack of rest these days…” You try to laugh it off. Daehyun gives you a comforting smile and pats his lap. “What…” You mumble.

          “Come, I’ll give you a massage.”

          You stare at him with your jaw hanging, “You’re kidding right..?”

          “No! My mom always did it to me when I was stressed.” His eyes gleamed with sincerity.

          You wanted to laugh but Daehyun seemed so eager to relief your migraine. You awkwardly lie down with your head on his lap and close your eyes. Daehyun gently sweeps away your bangs and start pressing the pressure points at the side of your head. It hurts a little, but after every compression you can feel your blood flowing properly again. You were quite surprised how tender Daehyun’s moves were, causing you to slowly drift into sleep.

          The soft but warm voice slowly brings your eyes to open. You completely forgot about practice, you quickly sit up to see where Daehyun was. Daehyun was standing in front of the mirror, quietly singing “Baby Baby” by 4men. His voice takes your breath away. You freeze and watch him pour his emotions into every note.

          “It’s beautiful…” You unconsciously whisper to youself. Daehyun suddenly stops and turns to you.

          “Oh, you’re awake. Did I wake you up?” His eyes widened.

          “N-No, you…you’re really good.” You mumble shyly, trying to find your cellphone. “Why are the lights off?” You asked in a confused tone.

          “You looked so peaceful sleeping. I was afraid the lights would bother your slumber.” Daehyun walks towards you and sits down. “Achoo!”

          You look around to find Daehyun’s jacket, not realizing that it was on your lap, used as your blanket when you were asleep. You kneel up and put his jacket around his shoulders. “Thank you Daehyun, I feel a lot better now.” You smiled. He sat there staring at the ceiling.

          “Can I ask you something?”

          “Um, yeah sure, ask away.”

          “Why was L-sunbaenim angry at me?” Daehyun looks into your eyes, waiting for an answer.

          “Well, he, um, thought that you were going to, uh…” You silently studdered, “kiss me…?” You look down at the wooden floor, turning red.

          “Oh.” Was all Daehyun could slip out. Then there was awkward silence.

         

          “I wouldn’t kiss you without your consent,” he starts to blush, “even though I really wanted to…”