Chapter 11

Because Of You

You stare at Hyerin suspiciously as you take her IPad.

“B.A.P.’s Daehyun and Eternal’s _________ dating?

Are hot rookies Daehyun from B.A.P. and ______ from Eternal dating? The couple have just finished performing a special collaboration at Inkigayo earlier in the night when reporters spot them on the streets of Hongdae. Pictures of Daehyun holding _______ on his back have been revealed by the witnesses. Is this couple one of the many idols dating in secrecy? Like _______’s labelmate, Infinite’s L, who is in a heated scandal with Krystal of F(x)?”

          You stare in shock at the screen.

          “What? I- I didn’t even know what happened!” You panic with short quick breaths. Hyerin sits down on your bed.

          “There’s a picture…” She mumbles as she scrolls down. The picture showed Daehyun piggybacking you, who was sleeping. Although it was blurry, you could see that Daehyun was smiling as he carried you.

          “Oh god…this can’t be…” You mutter and dig your head into your bed sheets.

          There was a knock at the door. You hear Eunkyung’s hurried steps to the door.

          “Ah Oppa, good morning.” She says in an awkward tone.

          I’m so dead. I’m so dead.

          “______.” You look up and see your Manager Oppa standing in front of you, “The CEO wants to see you.” He says flatly. Without any complaints and protests, you quietly follow him out.

          The car pulls up to the Woolim Building. It wasn’t big and fancy, but there was something simple and warm inside that you like. You step into the elevator, going up to the highest floor.

          Manager Oppa knocks lightly against the door. “______ is here, President.”

          “Please come in.” You turn the knob slowly and take every step cautiously. Sure, you’ve met the Mr.Lee before, a tall man with dark grey hair and smiled often, lining the wrinkles on his face. However, Sungyeol told you once about the time when he got mad at Infinite for forgetting to use to honorifics to their Manager. You should have seen his face, I thought I was going to die!

          “Anyeonghaeseyo, this is _______.” You bow deeply, keep your head down.

          “Oh _______! How are you? I have been meaning to congratulate Eternal for the successful debut, but haven’t found the time yet.” He laughed

          “I-It’s okay, we understand that you are very busy. Eternal wants to thank you for giving us this wonderful chance.” You stutter. A deep and hearty laugh rang in your ears.

          “Please sit down _______.” You find yourself a black leather sofa and neatly folded your legs together.

          “I was wondering if you are aware of the scandal that has been going on right now.”

          “U-uh yes I do, I’m sorry if I caused any trouble!” You cringed, waiting for the CEO to respond with anger.

          “No no, don’t worry. Because of this scandal, Eternal has become more noted by the public. As a matter of fact, many people like the idea of you and Daehyun of B.A.P. in a secret relationship.”

          “E-excuse me?” You manage to spill out from your shock. The public likes me and Daehyun together?    

          The door suddenly opens as two figures enter.

          “D-Daehyun!” You gasp lightly. Daehyun and his manager walk towards the CEO and bowed.

          “Just in time!” Mr. Lee smiles, “______, Daehyun, both companies have decided to encourage more interaction between you two. It will bring both rookie groups more attention, starting with a show next week!”

          You quickly turn your head Daehyun, who is smiling at Mr. Lee then looking at you. His cheeks suddenly appear flushed.

          “You may dismiss yourselves now.”

          You walk out of the office, trying to hide the dissatisfaction on your face.

What do you mean “more interaction”? Don’t I at least get a say in this? You quietly mumble inside your head.

          Something keeps sliding beside your hand, you look up to see Daehyun looking down with an embarrassed face. He slowly takes your hand and locks it with his, but you gently take your hand out of his hold.

          “We…aren’t really on camera right now…” You whisper awkwardly, “So…we don’t really have to do that…”

          “Y-you’re right,” Daehyun laughs quietly, “I’m sorry, I…shouldn’t have done that without your permission.”

          You study his expression, his face was apologetic, but his eyes shows hurt. You turn away, trying not to let the guilt get to you.

          “I-uh, will see you next week…okay?” You force a smile at Daehyun who nods in response.

          “Bye!” You wave, getting into the van.

          I’m sorry, Daehyun. Stop letting me hurt you like this…