Chapter 10

Because Of You

It was the night of the performance. The broadcasting station was filled with excited noises of fans and irritated voices of staff. People were busily moving in and out of rooms, making sure everything is organized. But then there is you, who is sitting on the couch, munching on an ice cream donut. It was absolutely heavenly, filled with creamy strawberry ice cream then a crunchy outside sprinkled with crystal sugar. You sway your body with happiness.

          “_________! Why aren’t you changed yet?” Baekhee, your coordinator, gasped.

          “I- I was just eating this donut. Unnie, you should try on-”

          “Come on _______, let’s get you changed and ready!” Baekhee Unnie pulls your arm and drags you into the preparation room.

          The other members of Eternal were already in their costume and waiting for the makeup artist to add the final touch. Baekhee Unnie throws something and pushes you into the changing room. It was dark in there so you just randomly pulled some zippers and slipped on whatever felt right. You pull the curtain, hoping that you did it right.

          “_______, you look amazing!” Hyerin exclaimed.

          “Ah really?” You ask cheerfully.Yay! I wore it properly. You walk in front of the mirror and saw yourself in a short light pink ruffled dress, with a bow at the back hanging to your ankles.

          “I knew this would suit you.” Baekhee Unnie squeezed your shoulder and gently placed a matching pink bow in your hair. “This is a good change from masculine look you guys have for the promotional song.”

          The other members also looked different, wearing more feminine and alluring clothes.

          “Eternal’s Eunkyung in 1!” A man popped his head in and announced.

          “Good luck!” You and the other girls smile. Eunkyung gave a confident grin and exit the room.

          From the TV, Jongup and Eunkyung are both dancing as if they were telling a story how they share same passion for dancing and fall in love but cannot be together. The crowd cheers loudly when they end their performance. One by one, the members leave for their own collaboration with the B.A.P.

          Soon, it was your turn.

          “In 3…2…1!”

          You are under the stage when the “We Fell In Love By Jokwon&Gain” starts playing. The platform is rising when you start to sing. The view of the crowd and camera appears before you.

First day with you

You probably didn´t know a person like me

It feels like our awkwardmomentswere yesterday

          You hear gradual cheering from the crowd as your part was ending. You turn around and see Daehyun walking down a flight of stairs as he sings his part. He was wearing a casual white dress shirt with a black blazer, it was so simple yet suited him very well. You can almost hear Daehyun’s smile when he sings, bringing you into the song even more.

          The song was coming to end. Daehyun clutches your hand and you two bow together, smiling at the cheering crowd.

          “You were great!” Hyerin squeals and runs to hug you. You let out a small giggle and hug her back too. The rest of the members join in, creating a big group hug.

          “Hahaha guys, you can let go now. I can’t breathe anymore.” You gasped for air. The members laughs and breaks away from you and Hyerin. “Unnie, all of you were really amazing too. The dancing! And Taeji unnie’s rap with Bang Yong Guk. Wow!” You exclaimed in joy. The rest of the members continue complimenting each other when you hear noises at the door.

          “Oppa!” Jooyeon runs up to Hoya and smiles brightly. Sungyeol skips towards you and puts his hand up, waiting for you to return the high five.

          “______! You really were daebak! Wow, you and Daehyun from B.A.P. really connected!” Sungyeol chatters.

          “Thank you!” As you are talking to Sungyeol you feel a tap on your shoulder. You turn around and see Myungsoo.

          “Good job. You improved a lot, I couldn’t even tell that you debuted a month ago.” Myungsoo gives you a gentle smile. Although his smile was sincere, it felt so foreign. It was as if the man standing in front of you is a stranger, talking for the first time.

          “Thank you Myungsoo Oppa…” You return his smile.

 “Um, I know it sounds sudden…but, do you…want to go for ice cream like we used to before we debuted.” Myungsoo suggested, “haven’t talked to you for so long” He quietly added.

You look into his eyes, it was vacant with loneliness. Why wasn’t it filled with elation like you expected? Wasn’t he going out with Krystal now? Why does he still look like he was sad about something?

“Yeah, sure. That’d be great.” You chimed.

“Tonight at eigh-”

“Mind if I steal her for a second?” Somebody suddenly grabs your hand from the back and pulls you away from Myungsoo.

“Let’s go ______. The ending is starting.” Daehyun smiles happily at you.           “Bu-but” You stutter as you exchange glances with Daehyun then look at Myungsoo, who was staring at you with emptiness as if there was nothing he could do.

Why is this feeling so familiar?