Chapter 6

Because Of You

You nervously rub your hands together. It was almost Eternal’s debut stage. After last night, you decided to erase Myungsoo from your life, despite how much it hurts. You look at the mirror, your eyes were still puffy from the crying, but the makeup artist did a good job covering most of the swollenness.

You look at what you were wearing, it was a black loose full body suit with a white leather collared jacket matched with white Dr. Martens. Quite afraid that people will not like Eternal’s masculine hip hop concept, you want to impress them by giving your best performance.

          ‘I can do it. Don’t get side tracked by things that makes you lose focus’ immediately creating an image of Myungsoo in your head.

          “Alright, are you girls ready?” Taeji pulled you into the circle where all the members stood. Eternal gives a final good luck to one another and starts walking towards the stage. Once the lights start to go on, Eternal gives their all into singing about dissatisfaction towards society’s male dominance.

          After a week of promoting, Eternal was still quite anxious once you guys got off the stage. Thankfully, your leader Taeji was doing a good job of leading the introduction and greetings.

“Good Job! You guys are really good!”

          You turn and see Ji-eun from Secret, quickly giving a bow.

          “Hello Ji-eun sunbaenim, we are Eternal!” The members chanted in unison nervously. Ji-eun chuckles softly.

          “Lighten up guys, I won’t bite.” She smiles, “So, tell me each of your names.”

          “Hello, I’m Hyerin, Eternal’s rapper.”

          “Hello, I am Eternal’s leader and rapper, Taeji. Nice to meet you.”

          Ji-eun suddenly grins, “So you’re the girl that Yong guk praises relentlessly about. He’s always telling me that it requires a lot of skill to be able to rap like the way you do.”

          Taeji looks at Ji-eun confused, “Excuse me?”

          Ji-eun starts laughing, “Oh I’m sorry, I don’t think I was supposed to say that. Just ignore my words.”

          “Noona, what are you doing?” A voice from behind rings.

          A group of boys with blond hair stood in front of us. They looked beastly and masculine, also a blend of boyish style in them. They stare at you guys.

You guys stare back at them.

          After a few moments, their expressions change as if they have re-entered reality.

          “Anyeongseyo, we are B-A.P! We’ll work hard! YES SIR!”

          “Oh, Hello, We are Eternal” You guys reply exchange greetings, trying to break the awkwardness.

          “Ah it’s Eternal!” A boy with blond curls jumps out, “Hyung, hyung, it’s the noona that you like!” pointing at Taeji.

          “Yah! Zelo! Quiet down will you?” A deep husky voice hissed, trying to hide his embarrassment.

          “I see you guys have met.” Our manager suddenly came in, walking with an unknown man beside him.

          “Oh Hyung!” B.A.P called, “What’s going on?”

          “Ah, Woolim and TS decided to a special collaboration between B.A.P and Eternal. You guys will showcase a performance with rap, dance, and vocal.” The man said, patting Manager Oppa shoulder.

          “Hot rookies collaboration, you guys share a similar concept too!” Manager Oppa laughed.

          You quickly turn your head and looked at each of the B.A.P boys carefully. They all had blond hair and looked quite…well…alien-like. You find yourself staring into the eyes of one of the members, who quietly stood there watching you. Quickly turning away, you try to hide the blush on your cheeks. From the corner of your eye, you spot a smirk on his face. You roll your eyes and look back at your Manager Oppa.

          “The partners have just been chosen. Taeji with Yong-guk and Hyerin with Zelo as the rapping couples.”

          “While Eunkyung is with Jongup and Jooyeon with Himchan.”

          Your Manager walks up to you and Jinae, “Jinae, you will be working with Youngjae, which leaves ______ to work with Daehyun.”

          ‘What? Who’s Daehyun?’ You look at your Manager with a confused look. “Oppa, who’s Dae-”

          “Nice to meet you.” A voice from behind made you jump.

          “Ah.” You stare in shock, “It’s you.” Looking into the eyes that made you blush once again.