Chapter 1

Because Of You

“Come on guys! There’s only a week left until your debut!” Manager Oppa clapped his hands, hoping to give you guys motivation to continue practice. But you couldn’t, you have been practicing from 8 hours non-stop. Hyerin, your best friend and fellow member of Eternal, looked like she was about to die from exhaustion.

          “Can we have a small break? 15 minutes please?” Taeji, your leader, asked. The rest of the members including you nodded heads eagerly in unison.

          “Fine, but you guys have to know that I just don’t want you to be criticized by the public. They are all anticipating your debut very much.” Manager Oppa told us sternly.

          “Good work today! We brought drinks for you guys!” a happy voice breaks the tension in the room. We all turned around.

          “Woohyun Oppa!” Kyungmi exclaimed. The rest of the infinite members came in with bags in their hands. A shadow slipped behind you.

          “Here’s your green tea.” You turned around and see Myungsoo smiling at you, holding your favourite drink of all time.

          “Oppa!” You smiled. Myungsoo sat down and ruffled your hair.

          “Work hard okay? I know you can do it.” Myungsoo squeezes your shoulder.

Despite the smile on his face, you could tell that he was hiding something, waiting for you to notice.

Although Myungsoo was older than you, he often went to you for advice and talk about his troubles, whether it was about family, stress, or recently, about love. You are pretty sure of what he is about to say.

“There’s something wrong, what’s the matter?” You asked carefully, studying his expression.

“It’s…her, I can’t seem to approach her. I can’t get the words I want to say properly, she just makes me so nervous you know?” He furrowed his eyebrows in frustration with himself.

Of course, it was Krystal from F(x) he was talking about. He had been interested in her since he came back from a music show where they’ve met.

 A throbbing pain in your chest, as if somebody is squeezing your heart. You close your eyes and try to hide the pain. A forced smile comes across your face.

“Oppa, if you really like her. Go talk to her. If you let a good chance slip away, you won’t get another one.” You speak as you look at Myungsoo’s disappointed face.

He slowly releases the tension on his face and quickly looks at you straight in the eye. Heat rushes up your cheeks, creating a sudden blur in your vision.

“You’re right _______!” Myungsoo exclaims, “I wouldn’t know what we could be if I don’t try.” You look down and nod softly.

“Yah, what are you guys talking about?” Sungyeol suddenly popped his face in between you and Myungsoo. “Tell me! I want to know!”

“Oh I was just complaining to _______ that you wore my underwear to sleep last night.” Myungsoo laughed as he started tackling Sungyeol.

“Don’t listen to him, _____! He’s just upset because I caught him watching-”

“Yah! What are you talking about Lee Sungyeol!” Myungsoo clasped his hand over Sungyeol’s mouth. You almost choke on your green tea.

“Sungyeol Oppa, I believe you!” You laughed and coughed.

You suddenly get up, patting the dust on your sweatpants. “Oppa, I’m going to the bathroom, okay?” You quickly turn away from your members and Infinite, hoping that nobody see tears trickling down your cheeks. What are you crying about _______, wiping the tears away. ‘Your only wish is to see Myungsoo happy with the person he loves, knowing that it couldn’t be you. Ever.