RELAPSE

미안하다...사랑한다 (I'm sorry ...I love you)

                 

                       Jay approached them smiling and hugged them from behind squeezing them: "well, you did it finally, you rascal!" teasing Taemin who replied smiling: "shut up." 

Minzy turned red not knowing where to hide and thinking that if there was a whole in the ground, she would just crawl into it and hide from this embarrassing situation, she thought silently: "Ah, if I just could die now..." She was about to leave when Taemin stopped her holding her hand tightly and ordered her: "stay beside me, don't even think of that." as he whispered to her ear.

              Meanwhile, Chaerin just kept smiling few feet away from them, at the sight of their blossoming love and playful friendship as she thought of the presciousness of their bounding and felt warm as she tasted again such feeling of having friends again; a friendship that life has snatched away from her long ago that she almost forgot what friendship meant. However, those thoughts brought back some painful memories and asked herself if it was right for her to enjoy life again, was it fair to be happy again? She felt like breaking a promise she made long ago of always remembering and loving that friend: "is he okay? is he living well?" as she pulled her neckless looking at it, the neckless now became too small for her after all these years, so she just kept it on her as a bracelet. She promised to wait for him and now she can't stop herself from falling in love with this guy. 

"is it okay, Jaebum-ah...not to wait for you anymore? Is it really okay?" she kept asking herself. She looked back at smiling Jay; his smile, his everything appealed to her, she really likes him because he makes her feel so good about herself; he made her see what she can become; he made her realize how she can be loved again. She took off that beacelet and put it in her pocket.

Chaerin approached them while Taemin was getting annoyed by Jay's mocking remarks: "what, what? don't laugh like that. She is the girl I like...so what? You didn't even tell me about your "GIRLFRIEND"?!"

Jay frowned and got closer to him: "just say that one more time.." but Taemin provoked him right away ignoring his threatening gaze, "...YOUR GIRLFRIEND..."

Jay, "I warn you, take that back...she's not ... MY GIRLFRIEND..."

Taemin: "I saw you kissing her, so..." but couldn't say no more when he felt a hard fist which violently bumped into his cheek making him fall right away. Jay was about to hit him more when he felt someone holding him pulling him back; Chaerin yelled and cried: "stop it Jay...just stop it...why are you like this?" Jay didn't bother to answer what can he say, no one would understand that he cannot call her as his 'girlfriend' because of the promise he made, no one knows that he feels guilty falling for someone else, when someone is waiting for him...she was out there waiting for him; he who is in love with someone else...he just couldn't say anything as he looked at her, realizing the damage he had caused her. He was about to take her into his arms but she rejected him and felt enraged, heart-broken and hurt staring at him with a sorrowed gaze questionning every feeling she had for him. Her eyes said everything, he understood, stood there immobile as she left running.

Minzy checked on Taemin worried about him but she worried even more about Jay because she has never seen him like this since his black days: Jay had rough times so he turned out to violence, getting into fights wherever he saw one, always in trouble at school...

Jay looked at Taemin and helped him get up with a heavy saddened voice, he said to him: 

"I won't blame you, But I can't forgive you either. You provoked me into saying something that I can't justify nor explain for none of you know the truth."

 

                          Taemin apologized but Jay just left in silence and disappeared from their sight. Halfway, in the darkness, all of a sudden a sharp pain knocked him down kneeling on the ground, holding in the pain; despite wanting to scream from its atrocity. he just knelt there his face screaming pain, putting his hand pressing it hand on his abdomen instinctively. This illness always comes around to remind him as he thought: "I know I shouldn't be with her ...but I...is it ...because..." but he couldn't carry on with his thoughts as the pain got worse.

 

On the other side, Chaerin was still running, crying but stopped and whiped her tears. she took the neckless from her pocket and started crying again as she kissed it all through again and again: "I"m sorry, I was stupid...I get it ...i should have waited ...I should have closed this heart...I shouldn't have let him in ...I'm sorry." as she sobbed as interrupted flashbacks crossed her mind. 

 

 

 *******************************************

How are these two gonna see through their past and recognize the legitimacy of their feelings?

How will they realize that they need each other?

When they blame themselves, would they come to terms with their emotions or will they just part ways?

Chaerin, whowever doubts that jay had a change of heart and thinks its her fault, that she has to be punished for breaking a promise. While, Jay seems to be caught between two fires that of not having time and the burden of an unfullfiled promise. What would he choose at the end?