Meeting The (Byun) Master

Master of Heart

Stepping out of the taxi, Tiffany arrived at her destination; the Kim’s mansion.

As she walked to the gate, she gawked at the sight of the luxurious white mansion. From the outside she could see it had blue roof and was built around a beautiful large garden, with a fountain in the middle of it. “Wow.”

“Big, huh?” suddenly a manly voice startled her and she unconsiously nodded. “And they say this is the smallest mansion they have.” Tiffany turned to the man and took a quick scan of him. She assumed the well-built man was the security of the mansion as he was wearing a security uniform.

“May I help you, young lady?” he asked.

“Is this The Kims’ Mansion?”

“Definitely.”

“Uhm, I’m a new maid here. My name’s Hwang Tiffany. I was hired yesterday.” she explained.

“Maid? Oh, right. Mr. Lee has told me that there would be a new maid, but I never expect her to be this beautiful.” the man smilingly said. “Wait a moment, will you?” he went to the intercom in his security pos and spoke to someone through it. Within a minute, a tall, tanned, short black-haired man wearing a neat butler uniform slowly opened the gate.

 “He’s our leader, he will help you out.” the security whispered. “Good luck on your job, Tiffany-ssi. Don’t give up early.”

Tiffany furrowed her eyebrows at his strange statement but nevertheless let out a smile. “Thank you for your help--,” she paused when she realized that she didn’t even know the name of her helper.

“Taecyeon,” he smiled as he extended his hand. “Ok Taecyeon, The Kims’ official security.”

Tiffany shook his hand and flashed her eyesmile. “Thanks for your help, Taecyeon-ssi.”

“No prob.” he cooly smiled as he gave a thumb up before walking back to his pos.

 

Tiffany turned to the butler. “Annyeonghaseyo, I’m Hwang Tiffany.” she politely greeted him.

“Annyeonghaseyo, Tiffany-ssi. Welcome to Kim’s mansion.” the handsome butler charmingly smiled as he led Tiffany in and closed the gate behind them. “My name is Kwon Yuri. I am the head of the workers here.”

“Ah, ne. Nice to meet you, Yuri-ssi.”

“Nice to meet you too, Tiffany-ssi. First of all, I’ll show you around and then I’ll tell you what you have to do.” he said as he extended an arm, letting Tiffany walked first.

“Let me.” he pulled Tiffany’s suitcase.

“Thank you.” Tiffany was pretty impressed by his gentleman attitude.

As they headed to the mansion building, they passed the well-planted and fresh garden while Yuri starting to explain things.

“There is a swimming pool at the backyard, and a half basketball court beside it. Also a small golf course nearby it.”

Tiffany was surprised that there was more than the spacious garden. The garden itself was already enough to build approximately 4 soccer fields. “O.. Kay.”

“And just for your information, there are not many workers here.  With you it would be 5 in total, Tiffany-ssi.”

“Five?” Tiffany’s eyes popped open. “Only 5 workers in this big house?”

Yuri nodded. “Yes. Because this is only the minor house of The Kims. I think this one is the smallest one.”

“Wow.” that was the only thing she could say, wondering how ultimately big the manor mansion if this was just the smallest one.

“And we don’t really need many workers because there is only one master that we shall serve. Oh yes, what do you think about our garden, Tiffany-ssi?”

She looked at her surroundings before smiling to him. “It’s really beautiful.”

Before Yuri could say a word, he was suddenly hugged from behind by a boy. Tiffany jumped a bit as she was surprised by the sudden appearance.

“Hyung!” the light-brown haired boy called happily.

“Aish, stop hugging me, Sandeul.” Yuri pried the boy’s arm annoyedly before turning to Tiffany again. “This boy is the one who designs this garden, Tiffany-ssi.”

Sandeul smiled brightly as he stared at Tiffany. “Omo, you are really beautiful like my flowers!” he blurted.

The butler smacked his head. “Introduce yourself and don’t flirt, Sandeul-ah. This is Ms. Hwang Tiffany, she’s the new maid. Have some manners.” he scolded.

“Ah, sorry.” Sandeul rubbed his head as he smiled sheepishly. “Annyeonghaseyo, my name is Lee Sandeul. I’m a proud gardener of The Kims!” he bowed to Tiffany.

“Annyeonghaseyo, Sandeul-ssi. Your work is really fascinating.” Tiffany complimented. 

“Kamsahamnida~” Sandeul grinned as he pulled off his round plait hat and bowed. Tiffany gigled at the boy’s bright expression.

“Now back to your work, Sandeul-ah. I need to show Tiffany-ssi around.” Yuri said as he patted Sandeul’s shoulder.

“Right away, hyung!” he cheerfully saluted. “See you later then, Tiffany-ssi. Nice to meet you.”

“Nice to meet you too, Sandeul-ssi.”

 

“Did Sandeul-ssi really work on this garden by himself, Yuri-ssi?” Tiffany asked after Sandeul left.

“Yes he did. Sandeul has been working here for like, 2 years.” he said when they walked passing the fountain. “And he still can’t get enough of these trees and flowers.” he chuckled.

“Really? How long have you been working here?”

“Hmm? Let’s see.. I think I’m in my 4th year here. Taecyeon hyung has been 3 years.” he said as he rubbed his chin.

“Oh..” Tiffany nodded her head. “How about the other one? You said there was five including me, right?”

“Yes. She’s been working 4 years too, just like me. You’ll meet her soon.”

She just shrugged as she followed him. “Okay.”

Finally after about 10 minutes of walking pass the wide garden, they reached the mansion building.

Yuri gently opened the wide white door of the mansion. “After you.”

As soon as she stepped in, Tiffany couldn’t help but admire the whole luxurious things around her. The huge lamp, the long, big feather couch, the golden coloured staircase..

“Wow.” again, she gawked.

She started doubting whether she was still in Korea as she totally felt like being in a different world now.

 

Just then a loud cheerful voice greeted them. “Yo, Yul!”

They both turned to the source of the voice; a skinny girl in maid uniform, waving her hand frantically.

“Yoona-yah,” Yuri called. “Tiffany-ssi, this is Im Yoona, she’s in charge of cleaning and cooking.” he introduced. “Yoong, meet Ms. Hwang Tiffany, the new maid.”

“Annyeonghaseyo, Tiffany-ssi! Well, what to say? Yul here has said everything about me. Oh yes, I’m 19 by the way. Are you the same age with me?” she asked as she stood beside Yuri, across Tiffany.

“I’m 20, actually.”

“Omo, can I call you unnie then? Fany unnie?” she asked with hopeful eyes.

“What? I’m 20 too but you never call me oppa.” Yuri sulked.

“That’s because you don’t act like one,” Yoona mocked without looking at him. “So can I call you unnie?”

“Yoong, have some manners. It hasn’t even been 5 minutes since you meet Tiffany-ssi.” Yuri hissed as he nudged Yoona’s ribs.

“No, it’s okay, Yuri-ssi.” Tiffany smiled. “Yes, please just call me whatever you want, Yoona-ssi.”

“Will do. Nice to see you, Fany unnie! Please just call me Yoona or Yoong then.” she raised her hand up and gave Tiffany a high-five.

“Nice to see you too, Yoona-yah. Please take good care of me.” Tiffany bowed.

“Same here, unnie.” Yoona bowed back.

“Im Yoona bows? Well that’s new.” Yuri mumbled before receiving a slap on his arm from the black-haired girl. “Aww! What? I’m just saying the truth.” he protested and the latter just stuck her tongue out.

“Choding.” he mumbled again but loud enough for both Yoona and Tiffany to hear.

“Do you want to get another slap, Yul?” she threatened.

He quickly put his hands up defensively as he shook his head. “No, thank you.”

They stopped when they realized Tiffany was watching their bickering with amusement.

Yuri cleared his throat. “Sorry about that.”

“I’m sorry but are you two possibly.. dating? You two seem so close.” Tiffany curiously asked.

“WHO? ME?” Yoona and Yuri pointed at themselves. “WITH THIS PERSON?” they pointed each other. “EWW!” they exclaimed together as they pretended to puke.

“You two are even saying things in synch!” Tiffany laughed while clapping her hands, she just found everything so interesting.

“We’ve been friends since childhood, Tiffany-ssi. I think that’s why we seem close.” Yuri explained as he regained his composure. “And never on this holy earth I would ever date someone as violent as her—AW!!” he immediately regretted what he was trying to say when he received another hard slap on his triceps.

“Like I would date you.” Yoona hissed at Yuri before turning to Tiffany, smiling.  “Well I see you around then, Fany unnie, Yul. I still have to cook the lunch. Excuse me.” she gave a sweet smile before leaving the two.

 

“Why are you smiling like that, Tiffany-ssi?”

“Nothing. I just find the whole workers here are so interesting. You guys really love working here, don’t you?”

Yuri proudly nodded. “Yes. For one and only Kim Family. Though they are freakin’ rich, they care about small people and they treat us like we’re in the same level. They appreciate us.” he said. “We’re really proud working here. And you should be, too.” he smiled to Tiffany.

 “I will.” Tiffany smiled back. “Now that you have introduced all the workers, can you explain to me what I am supposed to do?”

Yuri froze a bit. “Ah, yes, well.. You’re in charge of taking care our master, Mr. Kim’s son.. You have to tutor him; helping him with his studying, and being his personal maid.”

Tiffany secretly smirked to herself. ‘A boy wouldn’t be a problem, would he?’

“Alright.” she confidently nodded.

“But please, don’t give up early, Tiffany-ssi.” he pleaded. “I beg you.”

“Taecyeon-ssi said the same thing earlier. What is wrong with this master?” she raised an eyebrow.

“N-nothing wrong, he’s kind actually. But..”

“But?”

“He is..” Yuri paused, making Tiffany held her breath in tense.

‘An autist? Mad man? Psycho? Canibal? Or a vampire like Edward Cullen? Woot, that will be cool.’

 

“He’s kinda hard to handle.” he finally said, a half whispering. “You’ll know what I mean once you meet him.”

“Okay.. So when can I meet my master?”

“Well he is skipping his class today because he woke up late this morning. So—“

Tiffany suddenly froze when she felt someone touched her . She quickly pinned the hand of the culprit on his back in reflex.

The latter -whom she couldn't see the face-, groaned in pain.

"YAH!" she yelled at the short brown-haired boy angrily.

"Please let him go, Tiffany-ssi."

"But he touched my ! Why should I let him go?!"

Yuri sighed heavily as he facepalmed himself. "Because.. He's your master."

“What?” Tiffany furrowed her eyebrows as she tried to process the information.

 

“OMO!” she immediately let go of the boy as soon as she realized who he was.

Her master.

The boy landed on his hardly. “Ouch,” he winced.

“Omomomo, I’m really sorry!” Tiffany panickly bowed before bending down, checking whether he was alright. “I’m really really sorry. Are you alright?” she bent down nearby the lying boy.

“Oh gosh..” he shook his head, making Tiffany became even more nervous. She didn’t want to be fired on her first day. That would be ridiculous and embarassing, she thought.

She stared close at the boy and even in panic, she couldn’t  help but admit that he was really cute.

But her nervousness turned into confusion once the boy broke into a wide grin.

“Such a niiice view.” he whistled as his eyebrows moved up and down. Tiffany followed his gaze and found out that he was ertedly staring at her. Her chest to be exact. Her jaw dropped as she realized it.

“WHY YOU LITTLE—“ before she could finish her sentence –or cursing-, the boy stole a peck on her cheek and quickly got on his feet, running upstairs while laughing like a drunken ahjussi.

 

Tiffany stood still, having hung open, dumbfoundedly.

“Yuri-ssi,”

“Y-yes?” Yuri gulped.

“Don’t tell me that’s my master..”

He smiled sheepishly as he rubbed his cheek. “.. Please don’t tell me you will quit, Tiffany-ssi..”

 

 

‘I take my words back. This boy is SURELY a problem..’

 

 

 

 

 


Okay, so the master's already here..

ARE YOU READY FOR TAENY, PEOPLE?

Lemme hear your scream~~ XD

 

Btw how cool is that to have 2PM as your security? lol

 

And I wanna say thanks a lot for you all my wonderful subscribers

The amount of subscriber is rocketing in just a chap :3

I love youuu

But please, leave a comment too. I really love reading your comments, they make my day ^^

 

Spread the love~~ <3