The Airplane

Master of Heart

The brunette maid held the silver spoon up, aiming to the master’s mouth. “Open your mouth, juin-nim.”

“No,” he shook his head, biting his lower lip so his lips wouldn’t part.

Tiffany furrowed her eyebrows in annoyance before putting down the plate. He was doing nothing good to her limited patience. “Alright, if you want to eat it by yourself I’d better excuse—“

The brown-haired boy quickly held her wrist and prevented her from leaving. “NO! Feed me!”

Tiffany stared at him hesitatingly for a moment before sitting back to her previous position again. “Open your mouth then.”

“..No!” Much to her expectation, Taeyeon kept covering his mouth persistently.

The brunette girl couldn’t help but let out a desperate sigh at his peculiar attitude. “So how am I supposed to feed you?” she asked as a-matter-of-fact.

“Err.. Put that thing aside first..” Taeyeon cringed whilst narrowing his eyes at the plate.

Tiffany looked down to the round plate and searched for any possible weird thing on it. Bugs, for example. She knitted her eyebrows when she couldn’t find any thing but the fresh, delicious-looked meal, -and luxurious not to mention, which only rich people could have it as a daily breakfast. “What thing?”

“That orange creepy sneaky thingy..” he meekly pointed as he nuzzled his face to the pillow which he had been hugging ever since she started feeding him.

Tiffany once again took a scan of the plate. And the only orange colored thing on it, was the vegetable which would do good for your eyes. “The carrot?”

“Yes, put that thing aside please.”

She looked at him in disbelief. Was he really 18? She had been asking herself. In some moments, she felt like he was even older than her. Especially when he touched her, she felt like –somehow- being protected. She felt safe.

But right now, he was acting so childish like a little boy, and his baby face was not helping at all to assure her that he was really 18.

“It’s good for your health,” Tiffany finally said. “Gummy is not.”

“But I don’t like it, it’s bitter,” Taeyeon stuck his tongue out in disgust, slightly shaking his head in disapproval. “And gummy is not.”

“Carrot is not bitter.”

“It is!”

“Oh come on,” she mentally face-palmed herself as she let out another miserable sigh. “Just say aa~”

“Aaa~ndwae,”

“Come on, the airplane is coming~” she moved the spoon up and down like it was a toy plane. The typical way to feed a kid you’d see your neighbor did to their children.

Feeling a bit offended, Taeyeon frowned as he crossed his arms. “Yah, noona! Do you think I’m a baby?”

Tiffany froze as Taeyeon’s words echoed in her ear. Just like slides of movie, suddenly a flashback of memories started playing on her mind.

 

 

 

The flowers bloomed as the cool wind of spring soflty blew. Warmth never left as the sun sometimes hid behind the cloud, leaving shades under. But sometimes it proudly showed itself, spreading its bright light.

A woman in her late 30s was in the middle of the garden with blooming flowers. Confusion was drawn in her face as she looked around, carefully scanning her surroundings.

“Miyoungie! Where are you?” she shouted in a soft tone.

“Aish, really this kid..” she hissed as she kept flying her gaze to every corner of the bushes. “Oh?” She narrowed her eyes before a smile grew on her lips when she spotted the top of a pink hat behind one of the bushes.

The woman silently walked in the tip of her toes to the back of the bush.

As she expected, she found a little girl, dressed in pink from head-to-toe, squatting –or hiding- on the grass. The girl was biting her thumb nervously, hoping the person who she was hiding from, wouldn’t be able to find her.

The woman saw what the girl was doing, and she tried her best to hold her laughter. She quietly approached the girl from the back before hugging and lifted her. “BOO!”

“Kyaah!” The little girl gasped surprisedly.

“No, no. You can’t run anymore, young lady,” the woman chuckled when the girl started swinging her arms and legs furiously, trying to escape from her.

“Hiingg~ lemme go~” The girl whined as she turned her head to the woman. “Miyoung wants to gooo,” she jutted her lower lips as her face fell.   

“Nuh-uh, your puppy eyes aren’t working for me, Miyoungie,” The woman tapped Miyoung’s nose. “You may go once you’ve finished your meal.” she put her down but still didn’t let her go. She squatted as she held Miyoung’s wrist.

“Hingg~” Miyoung brought her palms to , blocking it fully as she shook her head stubbornly.

“Open your mouth, sweetheart. The airplane is comiiing~”

“Eeiii!” Miyoung clenched her teeth as she angrily flew her little knuckles to the woman’s arm.

“Ouch, ouch, stop hitting me, Miyoungie,"

“Miyoung ish not a baby anymore!” she stated as she puffed her cheeks.

The woman smiled to her as she caressed her hair. “Oh really?”

“Uhn!” she nodded vigorously.

“Then be a good big girl and finish your food,” the woman smilingly patted her head as she handed the pink plastic plate to her.

Miyoung pulled and grabbed her pink hat in disagreement as hanging open. She pouted hardly and mumbled inaudible words to herself before sighing in defeat. “Arasso..”

“Aigoo, why are you so cute?” The woman hugged her as she kissed her cheeks several times.

Little Miyoung giggled happily, her eyes curved into the beautiful eyesmile which she inherited from the woman she was hugging.

“Aigoo aigoo, whose daughter are you? Hmm?”

“Mommy’s!”

 

 

 

“..Noona? Pani noona?”

Tiffany gasped when she felt someone shook her shoulders, knocking her mind back. She immediately met the worried look of her master.

 “W-why are you crying?”

“.. Am I?” she asked back, not realizing the flowing tears from her eyes. She quickly wiped it.

“Sorry for yelling at you earlier, I didn’t mean to, really. Please don’t cry anymore. I’m really sorry,” Taeyeon apologized in a rather panic state.

Meanwhile Tiffany was frowning at herself for not being able to hold her emotion well. He didn’t really shout harshly, so basically he did nothing wrong to her.

Maybe the only mistake he made was.. He reminded her of something that she didn’t really want to be reminded.

“No, no. I’m sorry. You shouldn’t have been, you do nothing wrong..”

“Then why do you cry? I’m sorry noona. Please don’t cry..” he apologetically said.

“No, Taeyeon-nim. I’m the one who should say sorry. I lost control and it was a shame of me. I’m sorry,” she embarassedly bowed her head.

“So it wasn’t because of me?”

“Of course not..”

A relief smile formed on Taeyeon’s face before curiousity struck him. “If it wasn’t because of me..” he carefully said. “Mind telling me why?”

“It’s..” Tiffany let out a soft sigh as she shook her head, washing away the memory. “..nothing.”

 

It would be a big lie if Taeyeon had to say that he wasn’t curious. But being an understanding guy as he was, he didn’t push her any further and just shrugged. “Fine then.”

Hearing the flat tone of her master, Tiffany immediately felt guilty. “I’m sorry, juin-nim. Please don’t be mad. It’s just..”

“No no, I understand, noona. You don’t have to tell me if you don’t want to,” he smiled. “Just tell me when you feel like telling me. I’ll always be here.”

“Thank you..” she muttered.

“Now, now, let’s not let the tears ruin your beautiful face, Pani noona.” Taeyeon flashed his bright smile as he gently wiped the tears on her cheek with his thumbs. “There you go~”

Tiffany smiled sincerely. “.. Thank you.”

 

Taeyeon was once again in awestruck as he witnessed Tiffany’s smile, which she rarely showed to him. His tongue went numb as he could feel something funny in his stomach and throat. He wondered to himself, how could a smile gave him a weird feeling.

 

“Uhm, oh, well, yes..” he cleared his throat, breaking the awkward feelings he had. “Anyway, when can I have my gummy ice cream?”

“As soon as you recover, juin-nim.”

“Can’t I have it now?”

“You want to have it now?”

“Yeshh,” he nodded, grinning. He was so excited to have a stroll –or a date, he said- with the older girl, yet he didn’t know why.

 

“Excuse me then,” Tiffany suddenly stood up and bowed.

“Wait, where are you going?”

“Buying the ice cream?” she said in a rather questioning tone.

Taeyeon cluelessly furrowed his eyebrows. “Aren’t you going to take me out with you?”

“But your arm isn’t recovered yet,”

“It doesn’t matter. It’s not like my leg is broken. I can still take a stroll, can’t I?”

“Well..” Tiffany shrugged, seemed like she wasn’t really fond of the idea.

“It’s settled then. Let’s get going.” Taeyeon decided as he got on his feet.

“Yes, juin-nim.” Tiffany once again bowed before walking out of the room fast.

Taeyeon immediately picked the nearest hoodie he could find and rushed out of the room, after Tiffany. “Yah, noona! Wait for me!”

“Oh, just take your time and wait downstairs, juin-nim. I’m going to take the limo.”

“The limo? Didn’t you say the ice cream stall was in a park nearby?”

“Yes it is.”

“Then let’s just go by foot.”

“But—“

“It will attract too many attention if people spot a limousine in the park, won’t it? Besides I want to feel the fresh air.”

“Are you sure?”

“Totally.”

The maid sighed in defeat, knowing that she could do nothing but obey. This time her master got some points. “.. If you say so.”

“Then let’s go!” Taeyeon exclaimed as his left hand held Tiffany’s right hand. He was about to walk when he felt Tiffany didn’t move and stayed on her spot, staring at him weirdly.

“What? I don’t really know the neighbourhood and the streets around here,” he said innocently.

Tiffany looked down to their interwined fingers and back to the smiling-like-angel Taeyeon. “And what does that have to do with holding my hand?”

“Err, I don’t want to get lost,”

She narrowed her eyes. “Really?”

“No. Because I love to. Now let’s go.”

 

 

 

 

 


Go go ssing~ :))

Oh, oh. A sneak peek of Tiffany's past :DDD

Sorry I lied, we will stalk them in the next chapter, not in this chap ><

Stay tuned ^^

 

Oh gosh finally I find a time to update!

I'm literally dying of exhaustion here

Exam is over but as a senior grader, there is still a farewell party ahead, and I have to handle a lot, like,  A LOT of things. 0_0

Just imagine, only in less than 2 weeks I have to prepare for a band, a major drama role, and dance (though I do it miserably but yes, I dance! XD)

Mommy, I'm so tired.. *cursing myself for being too active in club activities*

-sigh- T__T

 

Please cheer this author up by leaving your comment and subscribe! :DD

Spread the love~~ <3