One will surely get hurt

One Snowy Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello, here the update.

sorry if there a mistake in my writing.

enjoy!

 

 

Pacing in the hallway of their house, Minjeong was asked to stay outside by Jimin. She objected to it, she wants to know what is going on. Jimin doesn’t want her to be inside the room when the doctor and nurse visit.

It was her family’s doctor. Minjeong doesn’t know who else to call. She can’t call Minju.

It's been two days already, but Jimin doesn’t show any recovery signs. Her wife lost 2 kg within two days, she couldn't help but be bothered about it.

Jimin refused to eat a heavy meal. She drank milk, chocolate, and three spoons of porridge within two days. Minjeong wants to call Hyein and ask for help since her wife is stubborn about eating. But she can't let Hyein know, the young girl will be worried.

 

‘Her chart is now close to normal –

‘Can I know the details?’ Minjeong urged, she doesn’t have any patience. She wanted to know her wife's condition.

The doctor glanced at the nurse beside her before facing Minjeong. ‘I’m afraid I cant-

‘Why??’ Minjeong snapped.

‘Mrs. Kim, your wife asked me to keep everything confidential.’

She turned sideways, letting out a frustrating sigh.

‘I’ll provide her IV drips, it's to give her nutrients since –

‘I know what it is for. Just …’ She raked her finger through her hair and asked, ‘Will she be okay?’

‘She doesn’t show any sign of collapse, if you wonder about that, she just needs to avoid any heavy activity, and please keep her away from stress, it's really bad for her heart.’

 

Minjeong wipe Jimin's arms with a wet cloth, a warm one. Jimin couldn’t shower, she cannot get up, not when her temperature is 39 degrees.

Minjeong is scared, she witnesses her wife vomiting every thirty minutes. It's hard for her to watch, so she cannot imagine how hard it is for Jimin, who doesn’t eat anything. Throwing up on an empty stomach hurts. It drained her.

‘You give me quite a scare here, Jimin.’ She muttered, wiping Jimin's right foot now. ‘I need you to be healthy again, Jimin.’ Minjeong lowers her head, feeling overwhelmed with the situation Jimin is in right now. ‘Please Jimin.’

 

She needed to use the bathroom, and Minjeong wanted to assist her. 'It's okay,’ Jimin assured Minjeong.

‘I’ll take you there,’ Minjeong said, leaving no room for Jimin to protest. She scoops her wife carefully and reminds herself that Jimin is much more fragile than before.

‘I wait outside.’

Jimin nodded, feeling grateful that Minjeong was here by her side. She thought Minjeong was going to abandon her. Not everyone has the patience to take care of a burden like her.

 

‘You can leave me alone, I’m all okay now.’

Three weeks have passed, Jimin no longer needs IV drips, she is not completely okay, but at least the fever is gone. All it left was her weak heart and those symptoms. Rapid breathing and continuous fatigue. She got her appetite back. Only for dessert, which is not healthy, but Minjeong doesn’t try to stop Jimin, at least Jimin is eating.

Jimin feels grateful that Minjeong took care of her and did not bring back the topic where she cried that night.

It’s a silent agreement between them. To not talk over heavy topics. But there is no need for Minjeong to stay here all the time.

While her wife was studying a document next to her, Minjeong ignored what she was saying. She must have caused some issues when she was ill. Minjeong must take over the burden of her duties.

A burden

No matter how hard she tries to be independent, she still remains a burden.

 

'Where are we going?’ she asked when Minjeong took a different route today. She is free from a fever and her symptoms. It took her a month to be back at the office.

‘Uh’ scratching her jaw, ‘there is somewhere I want to take you’ Minjeong speaks without looking at Jimin.

 

It’s the cemetery.

‘lets go.’ Minjeong took her hand and gave Jimin a light squeeze before she led the way.

Jimin knew where this path led to, a very familiar path to her. Minjeong brought her to her mother's grave.

Minjeong's thumbs constantly run on Jimin's knuckles as they walk, she can feel that Jimin's step is heavy. Minjeong is basically dragging her wife here.

 

‘Mother,’ Minjeong placed the white carnation, it’s her late mother-in-law's favourite flower. ‘Sorry it takes some time for us to visit you again.' Minjeong bows, paying respect, and Jimin follows right away.

Jimin couldn’t lift her head. keep her head down, and Jimin doesn’t say a word. She pressed her lips tight, afraid that if she opened them, a loud bawling would fill the spaces.

A soft pat on her back is all it takes for her damn to break. Naturally, she leans towards the person next to her, which is Minjeong.

Minjeong just let Jimin be, she doesn’t care about the dampness in her right shoulder due to Jimin crying.

 

They have been standing there for fifteen minutes already, and it was Minjeong who spoke first. like she is talking to her late mother-in-law. She was talking about some random stuff, and once she was done, she noticed how Jimin's hands were shaking.

She still has tears in her eyes, so Minjeong decided to give Jimin some space.

‘I’ll wait over there.’

Five steps away from Jimin, she heard the woman back crying. Part of her wants to stay by Jimin's side, but Minjeong knows Jimin needs to be alone, so she drags her feet away from it.

 

‘Thank you.’ Jimin's voice is hoarse. ‘for doing this’ Well, she cried just now. Dabbing the tissue around her eyes

Minjeong just shrugged it off and buckled her seatbelt. ‘What’s your favourite?’ She asked a question while reversing the car. ‘The flower.’ Minjeong put the subject since Jimin stared at her with a questionable look.

‘it’s rose’ She pursed her lips, ‘red rose’ and repeat it along with the colour this time.

Minjeong hum acknowledges the new information.

 

That day after lunch, Jimin received a bouquet of red roses, which she sent straight to her office. No note, no signature yet Jimin knows who sent her that.

Jimin should be happy about it, yet a million questions pop into her head. What's with Minjeong's sudden change of attitude.

Was her wife pitying her since Minjeong saw how weak she was in the past month. Jimin can't even walk without someone assisting her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter