Red Stain

One Snowy Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello, here is the new update

sorry if there a mistake in my writing

enjoy! happy new year!

 

 

Jimin is about to flip to the next page.

'Wait, I'm still reading.’

The woman rolled her eyes as ‘you a slow reader’ she grumbled. Her patient is running out and her pregnancy hormones are acting up.

Minjeong is such a slow reader, she never finishes reading a text before Jimin, even if it is just a short sentence.

Lying on the couch, Minjeong is hugging her from the back because the younger one wants to read this new pregnancy book together. It looks very sweet and cute, but Jimin is not having it at all.

Maybe it's her hormone or maybe she just prefers to read this on her own since she needs to study the book. Not for the exam but for her own sake. She wants to have a healthy pregnancy lifestyle is that even a thing.

She doesn't want to be a reckless mother. This might be the last chance for her to carry a baby in her tummy. Her eyes then shift from the book page to Minjeong's other hand, which rests on her stomach. Her girlfriend has been overly protective and possessive after the news.

It’s a day after Jimin was discharged from the ward, and she is now still in her fourth week. Since Jimin is showing no sign of excessive fatigue or any other risky symptom, her OB gyn let her go home.

‘Sorry,’ Minjeong apologised, ‘I am taking note of everything’ She gave Jimin a sheepish smile even though she knows Jimin cannot see her face at all. Her smile widens when Jimin covers her hand that has been resting on Jimin's stomach and interlaces their fingers together.

She rewarded her girlfriend with a kiss on the top of her head for that sweet gesture from Jimin.

‘I am appreciated for that, but’ Jimin thumb circling Minjeong knuckles, ‘no need to remember all by today. You are not going to an examination hall after this’

Another kiss lands on top of Jimin's head and the pregnant lady can feel Minjeong's lips moving as she says, ‘Next week gonna be hard for you.’ She ignored Jimin's subtle sarcasm about the examination hall.

Jimin's eyes land on the paragraph Minjeong has been reading, it was the symptom for the fifth week. The beginning of everything, even though she already went through all those symptoms, but the next few days will be a hell for her, officially.

‘Should I work at home?’

‘No!’ Jimin hates this the most when Minjeong thinks she can’t take care of herself. But there was a moment where she cried, hoping Minjeong would be by her side all the time. She doesn’t know what she wants, and Jimin blames it on her hormones.

But for now, Jimin pushed her body up and moved to sit at the end of the couch by pushing Minjeong's leg away from it. For now, she wants her own space!

Snatching the book away, she ignored Minjeong's confused look about her sudden change of mood. ‘You read this’

It was a command so Minjeong took the book title pregnancy for husband, might be Jimin way of scolding her by forcing her to read this book first.

She doesn’t want any trouble from the pregnant lady, she was on her knees for almost an hour yesterday because she declined Jimin call during the meeting.

 

….

 

‘You mean we're moving back to the old place?’

Minjeong answered by nodding her head eagerly, but she stopped when she noticed the lack of excitement in Jimin's voice. She thought she made a great decision since they need a bigger space now with their situation.

Their old place, located in a good environment with views, is greener than a boring tall building. so why –

‘I was thinking about…’

Minjeong raises her eyebrows and gives the pregnant lady a smile as an encouragement for Jimin to continue.

‘Maybe it’s time for us to really starting new somewhere?’ Jimin finally pours out the thought that she has been keeping to herself since the very first month when she steps foot in this apartment of Minjeong.

Jimin knows her idea is out of the box from Minjeong's perspective since she never gave any hint about moving somewhere and now suddenly dropped that bomb while she was carrying a child.

Not really the best time, but they can prepare for the move from now on, so it won't be much for them to handle once the due date for her is near in the future.

‘Somewhere?’

Minjeong tone is off, it was more upset than curious, but Jimin still wants to push her idea forward since it is way too late to back out now.

‘yeah’ Jimin shrugged off her shoulder hoping it would mask her nervousness. ‘I dunno, maybe in France, we both love France, not the city but the rural area, or Scotland, you love Scotland…’

Minjeong didn’t hear the rest of Jimin's speech about starting new, she just let Jimin's voice fade in the air as she focused on her own mind.

Her chaotic mind.

Aren’t they already starting new and doing great here, so why does Jimin want them to move far away, from everyone?

Everything is good here, her relationship with her family is getting better, well except her father … There is a lot to work on between her childhood peace, which is a bridge to make amends with her father.

Now back to the topic where Jimin wants them to move away, not just away away but very far away which is on another continent.

‘Why?’ she asked, without waiting for Jimin to finish first. She notices Jimin flinching a little for interfere her, who is excitedly talking about the weather in Scotland.

Minjeong didn’t mean to sound harsh while questioning but her mood gave it away. She kind of feels bad for the soon to be mother because Jimin broke eye contact with her and looked at the floor.

Minjeong knows Jimin is on the verge of crying now, if before … Jimin would probably fake a smile and hold eye contact between them, but Jimin is very fragile now since she is carrying a child and most of her mind is clouded with an imbalance hormone.

Jimin fiddled her thumbs together, her lips pouting a little. ‘My father's company is not your responsibility to carry Minjeong.’ The volume of her voice fades out at the end because she is trying her best not to cry.

‘So, you don’t trust me either?’

Jimin's eyes widen the way Minjeong blatantly accuses her. Jimin isn’t sure if she is shocked by this Minjeong attitude or hurt by it.

At least Minjeong didn’t raise her voice at Jimin, but still …. There is no need for a fight over this topic.

‘That’s not what I mean, Minjeong.’ Jimin wants to dismiss the topic, but Minjeong has a different idea here.

‘Then? I thought we were okay here. Isn’t this what both of us want?’

Jimin make sure to note down on her mind not to start any heavy topics whenever Minjeong returned from her therapist session. She thought Minjeong was doing okay, but witnessing how the younger one reacted to her idea of moving away and starting fresh somewhere, tell Jimin that Minjeong still needs more time.

The wound from Minjeong's childhood is still bleeding inside an adult Minjeong.

‘I just…’ Jimin looked into Minjeong's eyes, trying to let the younger one see she wanted nothing but the best them, for Minjeong. ‘I want you to be free from work you don’t like. I saw it day after day, and you came home. Exhausted, why?’ She broke her eye contact with Minjeong for the second time because water started to make an appearance on her eyes. She the air and bit her inner cheeks, calming herself and her hormones.

‘because of my parent’s company, a company that was thrown into your hands by force.’

Minjeong wasn't expecting to hear that from Jimin. What does her girlfriend mean by force? She became the –

Right… Minjeong rested her head against the couch and closed her eyes before rubbing her face, feeling frustrated with herself. The way she acts towards Jimin, why does she still struggle to keep her temper in check when someone presses the button on her open wound?

‘I'm sorry’ Taking Jimin's hand and playing with her girlfriend's fingers, Minjeong cupped Jimin's chin to make her girlfriend look at her. Minjeong also leans forward closing their distance.

Lowering her head and resting it on Jimin's laps, Minjeong mutters another apology, and she gets the answer from her girlfriend when she feels Jimin's fingers running in between her hair before sweetly caressing her head.

‘Its okay…’ Jimin whispered assurance words for both. ‘I'm fine living here, it was just an old thought.’ And with that, Jimin put a stop to the idea of starting over somewhere.

 

….

 

Minjeong's hand clenched tightly on her phone as she read the text. This was the fourth time she received this kind of text.

The message said to make sure you get a paternity test after the baby is born, and it came from an unknown number.

It was useless to meddle with these ty people, so Minjeong swiped to the left and pressed delete.

Someone has been keeping an eye on her and Jimin. There are only a few people who know about the pregnancy news, her family doesn’t even know about it.

Minju naturally knows since she is a Jimin cardiac surgeon, the OB gyn and then the hospital staff that kept all the records.

Someone must have gotten a hold on Jimin record in a dirty way. Minjeong has a hunch who is behind all of this, but it's still too soon to point fingers.

For now, she just tightens security for Jimin's safety since they already moved back into their old house … It gave Minjeong some peace of mind.

They have the best security in that neighbourhood, no unidentified car is permitted to pass the gate unless it is a delivery or needs maintenance that has been scheduled in advance and the guard is aware of it.

 

….

 

‘I can’t wait to see them.’ Fists clenched on the seatbelt, Jimin cannot wait to take it off and meet two little angels, which are Minjeong's nieces. It’s been awhile since she saw them. She wonders how much those two have grown by now since she is carrying one in her belly, so the thrill expanded this time.

‘Calm down,’ Minjeong caresses Jimin's thigh as she parks the car and turns off the engine. Helping Jimin to take off the seatbelt, she glances at her girlfriend, who didn’t even try to pretend to listen to her.

Jimin's eyes are already at the entrance of the apartment lobby.

 

Jiyoung apartment is so cosy and loud.

Minjeong feels like she is going deft soon with the amount of her two nieces fighting over the gift that she and Jimin bought them.

It was the same piece of gift given to each, but they still fight over it.

‘Princesses please’

A single warning from their mother made them turn into a whisper fight. Minjeong eyes soften at that, wishing she would have those moments with her brother in the past.

But there is none, Jiyoung was sent out of the country at the age of ten. Can you believe that? That is how much her father wants their kid to be the best for him. Not for themselves.

 

The house was once again turned into a loud place. However, the cause is not from Minjeong's nieces but from the adults due to Jimin making her pregnancy announcement.

Minjeong is given a hard pat or smack on the back by her brother, and Jimin engulfs Jiyoung’s wife in a hug.

 

‘What was it like, unnie?’ Jimin asked Somin, Jiyoung's wife. ‘Your first pregnancy.’ Her hand caressing her still flat tummy. Jimin knows the baby bump won’t make an appearance on the seventh week, but it seems like she has already picked up the habit of caressing her tummy whenever she is thinking.

Ps: I believe I never introduced Jiyoung's wife name before.

Somin smiled as she looked straight ahead, the memories of her carrying her firstborn flashing across her mind.

‘Most of the time, I was nervous because everything was new to me’

Jimin smiled faintly at that, she knows exactly what that feeling is since she is feeling it right now, almost all the time. Every time she is doing something, she will have this thought it will affect her baby. What if she accidentally does something that harms her baby without her own knowing.

‘I take vitamins on time and was so obsessed over things that help pregnant ladies feel healthy and fit. I didn’t even realise I was stressing myself over it’ Somin eyebrow scrunched as her worst memory appeared, her eyes landing on her firstborn, Kim Naeun.

Ps: I believe I never introduced Minjeong's niece name too before, correct me if I'm wrong.

‘I suffered bleeding while carrying Naeun and it was a nightmare to me, I thought I lost her.’

Jimin reached out to console Somin by placing her hand on top of Somin's, but soon let go because of the sharp pain in her stomach.

It seems like her baby knows when she is stressed.

Jimin noticed that whenever she was stressed or unhappy, the pain doubled. It appears she needs to work on mastering self-control over her emotions so the baby won't go through them too.

She doesn’t want her kid to know what she felt, but it was inevitable. The bond between her and t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter