the whole thing went quiet

One Snowy Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Helo, here another update

sorry for the mistake in my writing

enjoy!

 

 

‘UNNIEE!!!’ Hyein screamed at the top of her lungs, she almost fainted, but she rushed towards Minjeong's side as her adrenaline kicked, placing the chair right below Minjeong's dangling feet.

It was chaos. Hyein begged Minjeong to step on the chair, yet she refused to do it. Hyein snatched a knife in the kitchen. She tried not to fall since Minjeong tried to kick her when she was climbing the chair.

She cut the rope with much difficulty, thank God the rope is thin. A loud thud can be heard, and Minjeong falls on the hard floor. coughing and gasping for air.

‘Unnie’ Hyein's hands are trembling since the adrenaline rush is gone now, freeing Minjeong from the rope. ‘What were you thinking?!’ She cried her heart out … repeating the question of why Minjeong chose this path.

 

Minjeong was sobbing like a lost kid as she was hugged ardently. In Hyein grasp, Minjeong was helpless, she wanted to die, yet here she is causing another pain to the person she cares about the most.

‘I’m – sor – sorry.’ Drenched in sweat. Minjeong shut her eyes tight and returned Hyein's embrace.

This will cause a trauma to Hyein, no doubt about that.

‘don’t,’ she grasps tight on Minjeong shirt, ‘ne – never do – that again unnie.’ Stuttering as she said, Hyein is shaking in Minjeong's arms.

 

….

 

‘Hyein?’ Jimin wasn’t fully awake yet when she answered the phone. It's three in the morning in France, but eight in the evening in South Korea.

‘Unnie, I know you forbid me from talking about Minjeong unnie but –

‘Oh Hyein,’ she grunted, feeling annoyed that Hyein was bothering her sleep for a topic she avoided like a plague. ‘Three in the morni –

‘Minjeong unnie!!’ The line went into silence with Hyein's desperate scream, but Hyein could still hear Jimin breathing loudly. ‘she – she tried to -’ Hyein back in tears, the horrifying event flashing inside her head. ‘she tried to take her own life.’

Jimin couldn't speak because her brain was having trouble processing the news Hyein had just given her. Fearing the worst, Jimin knelt in bed and prayed while keeping a strong grip on her left chest. 'Please tell me – that she is okay, please Hyein.’

‘sh – she is okay,’

And Jimin's whole body went weak and shaky. A sigh of relief escaped her lips. Jimin doesn’t even realise how tight she grips her phone and how sweaty her hands are at that time.

'Thank God,' she exclaimed, and the dam burst. ‘Thank god.’

‘Right arm fracture, she fell.’

 

She is going back to Seoul in three hours, it’s the earliest flight.

While waiting, Jimin couldn’t even swallow a single drop of water. Her body and mind are still in shock. Anxious as she waits, maybe this is the bad feeling she has had in the past few days.

The sign of a sudden broken mirror at her shop

As soon as they split, Jimin locked her world when it came to Minjeong. She stopped reading news about her former spouse because she believed Minjeong would be content with Minju. When she is still in love with Minjeong, Jimin lacks the fortitude to handle this type of news.

She then moved to France and denied any possibility that Minjeong was going after her. Why would the former pursue her if she was the one who requested a divorce?

Jimin reasoned that Minjeong would be happy, therefore, that happened last week. Jimin received an email from the doctor, Kim Minju, only last week.

Jimin still recalls opening a wedding invitation and feeling like she was about to throw up because she was so anxious.

She mistook it for an invitation to the wedding of Minju and Minjeong. However, it is not because Jimin begins to ponder about Minjeong, given that there is no mention of Minjeong in it. She simply wonders why, Jimin didn't do more.

 

Jimin searched for Minjeong's name since she still had a lot of time before her flight. What came up made Jimin bring her hand to muffle her gasp.

A CEO who was married and later divorced owned the business.

That was the first news. There is a video attached, and millions of people watched it.

The video makes Jimin's blood run cold. The amount of reporters swarm around Minjeong, pushing through each other and trying to ask the disrespectful question. Those reporters didn’t care about Minjeong's personal space at all.

‘Were these plans made when you made the decision to wed a Yoo?’

‘Where is Miss Yoo? Are you hiding her?’

‘Are you threatening her to file for divorce?’

‘Did you threaten her not to appear in public again?’

And many more rude accusations. Jimin became more anxious as she scrolled down.

The picture of Minjeong is like a walking skeleton. So skinny.

What had she done? Jimin questions herself, Is it her who put Minjeong through all of this? She thought her disappearance would go well, but with the news she received from Hyein an hour ago,

Jimin choked up in tears, all sorts of feelings exploded at the same time. She is distraught, terrified, fuming, regretful, and feels so disappointed in herself.

.

.

.

Hyein couldn’t leave Minjeong at all. She can’t trust her unnie word anymore, not where she witnesses the scene.

‘Hyein, you have an exam.’ Minjeong tries to convince Hyein that she will not do the fool act again. ‘I swear I answered your call every single time.’

Hyein stays mum, arms crossed over her chest. She won’t budge, not an inch … She can retake the paper, but she can’t take the risk of losing Minjeong forever.

She just has to wait until Jimin Unnie arrives in Seoul. It’s already six in the evening, and Jimin's arrival is at ten at night. Just a few more hours to go.

‘Hyein,’

‘I won’t leave!’ She exploded. She believes she has the right to say, ‘’I won’t move an inch –

‘For heaven sake, Hyein,’ Minjeong held both of Hyein's shoulders, looking straight into her younger eyes. ‘I won’t forgive myself after what I put you through!’ she pleaded.

‘It’s your dream, and you must take the flight.’ She raises her forefinger to silence Hyein when the younger woman opens her lip. ‘I won’t,’ Minjeong pressed her tone. ‘I won’t commit such an act again, I promised.’

Hyein eyes softened; she saw how tired Minjeong is … and how Minjeong moved her. ‘You promised, unnie.’

‘I am.’ She repeated it firmly.

 

 

She was able to convince Hyein, but now she is all alone in her one room apartment.

Minjeong broke into a cold sweat, her eyes roaming around the room. The feeling and the pict

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter