A burden

One Snowy Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello, here an update

sorry if there a mistake in my writing

enjoy!

 

 

Minjeong is staring at the pictures, one by one. They have followed her and Minju since college. Now that she is married to Jimin, they threaten to expose her.

The picture of her and Minju kissing at Hangang River, at Minju apartment lobby, and more of it just two of them enjoying the date. The recent picture shows her walking into Minju apartment unit.

Those money ers

It was a closed call. If her brother didn’t stop this, Minjeong couldn't imagine what would happen. Her father won’t let her be a Kim if it happens.

Minju will be in danger. She cannot let them touch Minju, she needs to protect her at all cost.

In order to do that, she need to be in Kim. That title, she cannot let her father strip it away from her.

It must have cost Jiyong millions to get all of this from the media, judging from the memory card. It was a clean-cut deal.

However, it doesn’t mean Minjeong can lower her guard now. She needs to be more careful than before.

I don’t want you to have regrets in the future.

Her brother doesn’t have the right to say that. He knew nothing about what she had been through. It's true that her marriage is not solely for business. Her hunch is that her father just wants to help Yoo. It doesn’t sound like her father at all, so Minjeong cannot tell.

What exactly is the reason behind her marriage.

Why does Yoo Jimin need to enter her life and cause chaos.

Minjeong throws the memory card into a mini fire pit inside her bedroom. The pictures of her and Minju, she doesn’t want to burn them down, but she must.

She cannot take any risks anymore. In order to protect Minju, the thought of Minju finding out she is a mistress to Minjeong makes Minjeong shiver.

She is not going to let Minju go through that pain.

 

She walked into the kitchen after she burned down all of the evidence.

Jimin is there, making coffee. ‘Do you want some? Aeri sent it sinc-

‘no’ Minjeong ends the conversation, she is not in the mood for anything. She ignored how Jimin winced at her response. She came for a glass of water, so Minjeong opened the refrigerator and snatched a bottle of water.

Before she turns around and leaves Jimin, she asks her wife a question that has been running through her mind since Jimin's mother's funeral.

‘You know,’ she said, running her hand through her eyes, eyes on Jimin. ‘I wonder why you didn’t marry her instead? You love her, right? Aeri?’

Jimin stiffened, she didn’t expect Minjeong to notice. She thought she had tried her best to hide her feelings.

Minjeong waited, she wanted to know Jimin reason. There must be something else.

‘sh- she deserves to live freely,’ Jimin's shoulder slumped. I have an illness, but she responded, ‘I don’t want to be a burden to her.’

‘Yet you are to me.’ She scowled. Here, Minjeong thought she was a selfish one. Jimin is just the same. She pivoted her feet and walked toward the stairs.

Standing in the middle of the kitchen, Jimin was too stunned to speak. She knew for a fact that she is a burden to Minjeong. No matter what, hearing it straight away from Minjeong … it just put her where her right place is. A burden in someone's life.

Since birth … all Jimin has ever been was a burden.

To her parents, people that have been taking care of her since she was a kid, and now her wife, Kim Minjeong.

She gripped the island counter, afraid that if she let it go … she would fall on the hard floor.

Don’t, don’t cry Yoo Jimin

.

.

.

They go back to square one. Minding their own business and only talking when it is necessary.

Minjeong is back, actively meeting Minju, she stays back at the office so Jimin can go home on her own. This gives Minjeong an opportunity to visit Minju once she is done with her office work.

Every time she wants to visit Minju apartment, she will drive her Porsche into the mall parking lot, then get into another car. A car that no one is going to suspect has Kim inside it.

Minjeong used three different cars, she bought the used car and paid for it with cash. She is not going to make the same mistake as before. Switching cars is her only option for now.

 

Jimin taps the smart watch, her pulse is a little bit below normal. She has been diligently taking her medicine and monitoring her health. Despite all of that, her symptoms are back.

She easily feels cold, even in temperature room. Her skin is paler than ever, and there is no colour on her face at all.

She had nosebleeds for two weeks every morning. Probably because the weather is really chilly now, or maybe she has been pushing herself way too much by working nonstop.

Before, she worked at home, but now her presence is a must at the office, so Jimin cannot have the proper rest that her weak body requires. Even with a proper rest, Jimin felt drained, although she was just lying in bed.

Back to back meetings Paperwork’s, monitoring the artist event. Taking notes on which part they need to improve.

She doesn’t bother Minjeong at all once she fully understands her work task. Minjeong said she would teach her personally, but it was all Ms. Kang.

She has been avoiding Minjeong at all costs. Their short conversation in the kitchen still hurt Jimin. It feels like her heart is being cut open.

.

.

.

Today is one of the weekends where Jimin visits Hyein at college. So here, Minjeong is holding a bouquet of roses and walking toward Minju apartment unit. Jimin being away means an opportunity for Minjeong to visit her girlfriend.

Humming along the way, her step is light.

This is how it is supposed to be, Minjeong's heart whispers. Buying flowers and going on a date with her girlfriend. Her life is supposed to be like this.

If only Minjeong knew that while she was cheating behind Jimin, her wife was struggling physically and mentally.

 

‘Minjeong?!’ Minju's wide eyes opened even wider as she opened the door, revealing Minjeong holding a flower and smiling like an idiot.

‘Surprise.’ She leans in to kiss the woman, who still looks shocked.

‘You didn’t say you were coming.’

‘Well, it is a surprise.’ Another peck before Minju took the roses and smelled them.

It’s been awhile for them to have this kind of date. Out at the fancy restaurant in a private room, sipping wine. Minjeong's heart swelled at the sight of Minju looking so content. She wanted this life, a life where she could be herself.

Zero restriction. She can be weak in front of her girlfriend, and Minju still loves her. She can cry, and she can act like how humans are supposed to be. She doesn’t need to be a perfect Kim Minjeong like her family, her wife expected her to.

 

'Wow, a movie’ Minju chuckled, feeling amused that Minjeong brought her here after …. Well, they ed in the backseat of Minjeong’s car.

‘It’s your fault.’ Narrowed her eyes toward Minju, ‘I plan a real date, and you just have to get me in the middle.’

‘You enjoyed it the most.’

Minjeong grinned sheepishly, yeah, she enjoyed that the most. Her eyes darted around, scanning the crowded spaces. Those money ers won’t be able to recognize her in this sea of people.

‘Babe, I need to go to a restroom.’ Minju announced when she saw people in line to buy the ticket, a very long line.

‘Okay, I’ll wait here.’

A peck on Minjeong left cheek, and Minju made her way searching for the restroom.

 

Done with her business, Minju was washing her hands when she saw someone familiar at the sink next to her.

‘Mrs. Kim?’

The woman next to her lifted up her face.

‘Thank God, it’s really you.’

‘Dr. Kim,’ Jimin smiled, ‘feeling weird seeing you here, doc.’

Minju agreed as she laughed along with her patient.

They have a quick chat before Minju bids goodbye to her patient.

At this time, Minju does not know that her patient is married to her girlfriend.

 

‘I met my patient, and we had a quick chat.’ She explains when she saw Minjeong's sour face since she had been gone for a long time.

‘Let’s go, we need popcorn.’

'Okay, there big baby.’ Minju coos, patting Minjeong not minding showing her affection even in public.

At the same time, Jimin and Hyein were walking through the crowd at the end of the hall. By a thin chance, Minjeong and Jimin didn’t see each other as they walked past each other. Only two feet apart.

If only Jimin turned her head slightly toward the left side, she would witness her wife, Kim Minjeong, and her personal doctor walking hand in hand.

 

‘You’re not gonna stay the night?’ Minju face full of disappointment when Minjeong gets up from the bed. She thought her girlfriend would spend the whole weekend here.

‘I can’t, my family –

‘What is it with your family?!’ Minju losing it, sending Minjeong who buttoned up her shirt frozen on the spot. ‘In what century are we living Minjeong?!’

‘Babe,’ she said, approaching her girlfriend, who swat her hand away. 'Minju, ple

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter