Tragedy on Christmas Eve

One Snowy Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello, here another update

sorry for the mistake in my writing

enjoy!

 

 

‘I didn’t notice this before, we all share the same surname now.’ Minju dragged a selfless soul, Minjeong, into her office. ‘Since she married Kim. I want to keep my surname after marriage though, thank God you’re a Kim too.’

Minju kept talking about how she felt so loved that Minjeong did the surprise visit. She pressed her lips against Minjeong who pulled back abruptly.

Minjeong face got no colour, brows were knitted.

'Babe, what’s wrong?’ Minju ran her hand up and down on Minjeong's upper arm.

Minjeong's eyes quivered, she couldn’t focus. All her mind is occupied with the last sight of Jimin walking away. How Jimin's shoulder fell and looked heavy

Why is Jimin here, eyes darted around, and she saw the file, Kim Jimin, on Minju's desk.

‘Minjeong.’ Minju tried to get Minjeong's attention again, she cupped her girlfriend's face. ‘Minjeong what is it?’ Minju is worried, her girlfriend looks so lost.

One last look, one last look, before Minjeong takes a step back.

‘Minju I am so sorry.’ That was all Minjeong said before she dashed outside.

Minjeong runs like she has been chased by a ghost, almost trips with how fast she tries to get to her car. She needs to get to Jimin fast. She needs to tell Jimin, she needs to be clear.

Minjeong wishes she was not too late for all this.

She cares for Jimin, and she is in fact in love with her more than anyone. She always cares about Jimin deep down in her heart, it's just that her ego has been denying it this entire time.

 

Please, please pick up the phone.

Minjeong prays with all her heart, she hopes Jimin will hear her out for one last time. Just one last time. She needs to tell Jimin. She loves Jimin.

 

She was able to catch up with Jimin on the road, it was reckless driving from both of them, switching lanes just like that, with Jimin trying to get away from Minjeong and Minjeong desperately trying to surpass Jimin's car.

She presses the honk. She wants Jimin to stop it from becoming too dangerous now.

Luckily, there are rarely cars on the road at this time because it is still working hours. The accident is the last thing Minjeong wants to happen, so she presses the pedal and is able to overtake Jimin's car.

It almost caused an accident when Minjeong's car stopped abruptly, she could hear the tyres screech, forcing Jimin to pull over by the side of the road.

Wiping her tears, Jimin doesn’t want Minjeong to notice her red eyes, something that sounds so impossible because she just cried and her tears still fall heavily on her cheeks. She doesn’t want to have this pathetic look when she is facing Minjeong.

Jimin saw how Minjeong's face displayed a mix of some complicated emotions, regret is one of them. Jimin opened the car door as Minjeong approached her.

‘Jimin,’ Minjeong said, being careful, taking a step closer. How Jimin looks so disoriented tells a lot. Minjeong doesn’t want Jimin to run away. ‘Please, listen to me –

‘That is what I do,’ Jimin cut her sharp and cold. ‘That is what I've been doing this entire time.’ She pressed her pointed forefinger on Minjeong's chest and said, 'Listen to you!’ She shrieked.

Jimin doesn’t want to be like this, crying over useless things, but she no longer has control over her mind. She is losing it. The contractions that happened in her heart seemed to grow tighter as time ticked.

She is wounded, Minjeong was just being nice to her … using her, playing with her feelings. She understood that Minjeong hates the marriage, but Minjeong shouldn’t play with her like this. Make Jimin feel so pathetic, so … low.

‘I’m just a ing charity and a burden to you!!’

Minjeong is shocked, but she knows why Jimin is like this, the cause is herself.

‘You’re neither a burden nor a charity to me’ Minjeong tries her best to hold Jimin in place, but her wife jerks her hand away.

‘Yes, I am,’ she cried. ‘You don’t have to pretend anymore Minjeong!’

‘Jimin, I plan on leaving her, but –

‘You don’t have to! You love her!’ Jimin took a step away from Minjeong, the shorter one continuously shaking her head, begging Jimin to not move away and listen to her one last time. ‘We will divorce like we plan –

‘I don’t want a divorce!’ Now Minjeong is raising her voice too, begging Jimin to let her speak. Both forget that they are standing at the side of the road, a car passing by fast. She took a sharp breath and let it out slowly, speaking with a low and calm voice again, ‘I no longer want a divorce –

‘oh why -’ Jimin's heart constricts, and her voice fades out at the end because everything is too much, the pain she feels in her heart right now, both physically and figuratively. ‘You just pity me!’

'It's not, that is not what –

‘yes you are pitying over me! I have no parents! Doesn’t know how to survive in this business world!’

Minjeong denied it, she tried to hold Jimin's hand, but the woman swat away her touch. Minjeong is like moving lava that Jimin desperately wants to get away from.

‘I’m just a burden to you! Now I know why you hate me!’

‘no’ Minjeong tears fall on her cheeks, as does Jimin, who is crying a few feet away from her. ‘You’re never a burden to me.’

‘Then what am I? What am I to you other than a burden!’

Minjeong's voice stuck in , and Jimin was sobbing hard and hiccupping as she spoke. Minjeong's whole heart shattered into millions of pieces witnessing Jimin's current state because of her doing. Because of her selfishness, she is a coward. Hiding the truth from everyone.

‘a burden that you want to get rid of!!!’

‘Jimin!’ Minjeong screamed, shaking her head, too shocked by Jimin's words.

‘Don’t worry, I will walk away on my own, you don’t have –

‘I don’t want you to leave!!’

‘Why?!! So you could play me longer!’

‘I know it's hard to believe

Minjeong stopped her words when Jimin gasped out loud. Her face grimaced as she clutched her left chest. Body slightly crouching, Jimin desperately trying to catch a breath.

Minjeong panicked. The image of files where Jimin named Minju desk flashed into her mind.

‘Jimin!’ Minjeong once again urgently tried to hold Jimin, but the woman stubbornly backed away until her leg gave away and fell to the earth.

Jimin lifted her face to look at Minjeong, struggling to breathe. one last look at the CEO's face before total darkness greets her. She heard Minjeong scream her name, she heard it faintly, and then the whole world went quiet.

 

Jimin was in between conscious and unconscious as she half-opened and closed her eyes. She feels so tired from everything. Jimin wishes she could rest, she just wants to rest.

She wants to be away from this tiring life.

 

Minjeong shouted Jimin's name, begging her to stay awake.

She gripped the steering wheel, and Minjeong pulled herself together because she needed to get to the hospital quickly.

She ignored multiple traffic laws.

Her blurry eyes because tears swarm her eyes. There is a lot going on in her mind, yet she can’t pick up anything except getting to the hospital.

 

‘Help!’ Minjeong was crying on top of her voice as soon as she parked right in front of the emergency door, where the ambulance is.

‘my wife! She has a heart problem’ Minjeong caught her breath and held her sobbing because she needed to explain well so Jimin could be saved. ‘Suddenly she collapsed! - sh - she is unable to breathe -'

The paramedics rush to her car, bringing a stretcher. It was hectic and filled with noise. But Minjeong couldn’t hear anything, the noise sounds so far from her that she could only hear her own heartbeat ramming inside her chest.

Please, she can’t lose Jimin.

 

‘We lose her pulse’ said one of the nurses while the other climbed on top of the bed, doing the CPR right away while a few more pushed the stretcher inside.

‘Jimin!’ Minjeong cried, she lost the strength to walk.

'Sorry, ma’am, you need to wait here.’ The nurse prevented Minjeong from going inside, leaving Minjeong feeling so hopeless.

It was the last view Minjeong saw Jimin laying on a stretcher, helpless, chest being pumped by a paramedic, and then the sliding door closing.

‘Your wife?’

Minjeong turns her body fast, and she recognises that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter