A Threat

One Snowy Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello, here another update.

sorry for the mistake in my writing.

enjoy!!

 

 

After that frigid night, she had no one else in her life but herself. Minjeong has grown used to silence. Until Yoo Jimin returns to her life

She is now uncomfortable with the quietness. She feels uncomfortable with the heaviness in her small apartment. There was no this kind of heaviness last week, Jimin mood was all bubbly and on peak about Christmas, which is this weekend.

But,

Jimin had been silent all day long, so her ex-wife must be concerned about something. Jimin cried yesterday night in the bathroom, which Minjeong is aware of. Jimin's puffy eyes are fairly noticeable.

‘sh – shouldn’t we get Christmas tree?’ Minjeong asked carefully, she is not that fond of Christmas. It was a day where everything went into an ashtray for her. But if that can bring Jimin back to her usual self, then Minjeong is willing to put in some effort.

Jimin shrugged, feeling disinterested. The sound of her own heartbeat dampened the joy in her heart.

Somehow, Jimin can’t get it out of her head. Someone else's heart is beating for her, keeping her alive.

Minjeong placed her hand on Jimin's right arm, and the taller one flinched a little.

‘Jimin’ Minjeong called softly. 'You've been quiet…’ she pointed out. Minjeong observes how Jimin keeps chewing her bottom lip, her eyes fixed on the floor.

Within those two pools of gaze, there is tension. A feeling of unease that is accompanied by terror. Despite not knowing what was going on behind Jimin's dark eyes, Minjeong felt her feelings of nervousness.

Her own emotions blurred Jimin's logic. She came to understand that she loved Minjeong. She wasn't sure about it while they were married; she believed the affection for Minjeong existed because they were united in marriage.

Now, despite having a stranger's heart beating inside of her, she is so certain of it. It continues to yearn for Kim Minjeong. She cannot put logic behind it.

‘Did you see the news?’ Minjeong asked, since Jimin remained silent.

‘News?’

Minjeong nodded and said, ‘Need me to release a statement? You know to make it clear that we aren’t back together.’

‘What?’ Jimin was confused even more.

‘Is Aeri upset with the news about you and me? I can ask –

‘Wait,’ Jimin raised her hand and motioned for Minjeong to stop talking because her brain could not process what Minjeong just said. ‘What news?’

‘Uhmm, our picture, this news site,’ Minjeong opens her phone and searches for her name on Naver, maybe showing it to Jimin will save time. ‘I may issue a statement to avoid any misunderstandings between Aeri and you.’

‘Why would Aeri feel like that?’

Now its Minjeong turn to be confused, scrunching her eyebrows, ‘you with her –

‘What??!’

Minjeong covered her left ear, she thought she had just lost her hearing ability for a moment when Jimin's loud voice pierced into her ears.

‘Why would you think I'm with her??’

‘uhmm…’ scratching her left cheek, ‘she visit you here and -’

‘Can’t a friend visit –

Jimin couldn’t finish her sentence because Minjeong cut her off.

‘But you love her, and –

‘I did,’ she admitted, ‘I loved her in the past. Before I married you,' she finally said that her love for Aeri was gone. She had a change of feeling as soon as she married Kim Minjeong.

Jimin waits for Minjeong to say anything as they stare into each other's eyes. Heart beating thunderously inside her ribcages, she can’t read Minjeong's eyes at all, so she is desperate for Minjeong to say something.

Jimin cannot dangle helplessly in this position forever. She has to know because if she doesn't, she won't be able to get past Minjeong's feelings.

‘I don’t understand’ Minjeong muttered. 'Why do you don’t want to be with her?’

‘I don’t love her –

‘You are Jimin. You love her.’ Minjeong insisted.

‘I don’t!’ She stated it firmly. ‘What I felt towards her in the past was all platonic, it doesn’t hurt much when it comes to her, but,’ Jimin paused, she is still debating whether she should lay everything out here right now. ‘It hurts more when it comes to you, I care more about you, Minjeong. I,’ taking a deep breath, 'want to be here’ She whispered her heart out, ‘with you’, Jimin lost her strength because she was shaking internally.

'No, you don’t,’ Minjeong denied it fast, she even got up from the couch and took a step away. This is so sudden, it was too much for her to deal with everything. Jimin can’t possibly be in love with her. not after what she had done.

‘I do, Minjeong.’ Getting up, Jimin tries to approach Minjeong. She knows this can make Minjeong confused, but she wants to let her ex-wife know. She was willing to try again with her.

‘We can’t Jimin.’

Clenching her fists, Jimin didn’t expect Minjeong to be in denial this hard. ‘What do you mean by that?’

Minjeong eyebrows were knitted harder. ‘What do you mean, why?? Can’t you see how damaged I am??’

‘No, don’t give me that excuse, Minjeong’

‘Jimin it’s not an excuse,’ she broke into tears, ‘I cannot be helped anymore… my family doesn’t acknowledge me, I am no longer a Kim. I can’t be with you. you deserve –

‘I don’t want anyone else!’ Jimin shrieked, and she tried to calm herself. She tried to be rational, but she failed. Not when she saw how broken Kim Minjeong is, she doesn’t know Minjeong family abandoned her. ‘Please don’t run away… from me’ Jimin plea, she is weeping as she reaches out to hold Minjeong.

Why did Minjeong talk about how damaged she is when Jimin is practically standing alive with someone else's heart in her body. Jimin felt it was so unfair that Minjeong could openly complain about it while she kept it all inside her.

Shutting her eyes, Jimin let out a shaky breath as she spoke. ‘Let’s face this, Minjeong. Please, I know you feel the same.’ Grabbing Minjeong's left arm with both of her hands ‘Please,’ she pleaded. ‘I love you Minjeong.’ She said it.

She finally said those three words. Shutting her eyes, tears fell like a waterfall. She held it long enough. Since marriage, the divorce, and now …

‘You love me?’ Minjeong couldn’t believe it, she thought her mind was playing a trick. ‘You love me?’ she asked one more time, and she stopped breathing for a moment when Jimin nodded.

Minjeong didn’t dare to breathe when Jimin's hands were cupping her face. She was afraid that if she exhaled, everything would vanish into thin air.

But it doesn’t, Jimin is still standing in front of her … still holding onto her.

‘I love you…’ Jimin whispered, while eyes staring straight into Minjeong's. Her thumb was wiping her ex-wife's tears. ‘Let’s face this. Don’t run away anymore.’ closing the gap in between them, Jimin snuggled into Minjeong's neck.

When Minjeong holds her like this, she is in a position where she feels safe an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter