Please Leave

One Snowy Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello, here another update

sorry if there a mistake in my writing.

enjoy!

 

 

They haven’t moved, they still sit on the floor side by side. Minjeong scooted away and kept her distance from Jimin.

Both staring into the space, the small apartment just like a graveyard, with how silenced it is right now.

Jimin wants to break the silence. There are millions of things she wants to ask, and there are also lots of things she wants to explain.

A mysterious bouquet of flowers she received in France, the sender is anonymous. Jimin wants to ask if it was Minjeong who sent that because the quote written on the card reminds her of Minjeong right away.

Jimin wonders if Minjeong went to look after her. She wanted to ask, she needed to know, but seeing how Minjeong is right now, maybe it would be better if that thing was left unspoken for now.

She needs to put aside her personal concerns for a moment because Minjeong needs her help.

There is a lot to unfold here, like why Minjeong lives here. What happened to their old house, and where is Minjeong family at a time like this… and what happens between Minjeong and Minju….

 

‘You should go,’ Minjeong said, breaking the silence, 'it's getting late.’

Jimin didn’t say anything, she just got up and extended her hand to Minjeong. The shorter one hesitated to take her hand, but Jimin didn’t back away.

She helped Minjeong stand before proceeding to clean up the apartment. She caused the mess, so Jimin wanted to clean it by herself.

‘I will book a hotel for you, so –

‘I’ll sleep here, Minjeong.’ She cut off the shorter one. Hands picking up the empty soju bottle, anger boiling up as she counted the amount of Minjeong drink. She isn’t sure when her ex-wife drank, but it was probably before the accident.

Minjeong clenched her jaw, trying not to let Jimin see her lips trembling, her whole body fighting to not let her fall in front of Jimin. She doesn’t want to crumble, not when she is so sure Jimin won’t be happy with her here.

With a trembling voice, she said ‘There is a hotel –

‘I don’t want to go.’

Minjeong sighed. Jimin is indeed a stubborn woman, just like the late Mrs. Yoo told her.

‘I will sleep on the couch’ Jimin opened her luggage once she cleaned up the living room area and said, 'You can sleep on bed.’

Minjeong is still standing while Jimin organises her luggage, fidgeting. She is just like a child, worry if she makes a move, her mother will scold her.

Minjeong isn’t sure what to do, but she knows Jimin just arrived and it was a long flight, so she offered her bed to Jimin.

‘You take the bed, I’ll sleep on couch.’ She held her breath, waiting for Jimin's reply.

‘You have a fractured arm, so you will sleep in bed.’

A sigh of relief escaped Minjeong's lips when Jimin didn’t get upset or stay silent.

Jimin saw how Minjeong was still fidgeting through her peripheral view, but she decided not to make a comment about it. She walks into the kitchen area, three steps away from the living room.

‘Jimin, don’t.’

She halted her step and turned around to face Minjeong. She waits for Minjeong to say something more, but all she sees is how Minjeong keeps fiddling with her sleeves and chewing her bottom lips.

This is more serious than she thought, Minjeong completely lost herself. This is not Minjeong that she used to know. The old Minjeong always stood tall and confident with her words.

Jimin's heart sank at the sight of her ex-wife. Minjeong might have made some foul choices and made a few mistakes in the past that hurt her, but that doesn’t mean she wants Minjeong to suffer.

‘Your kitchen needs some cleaning up, Minjeong ah…’ She approaches her ex-wife carefully. ‘Do you want to help me?'

Minjeong shook her head and said ‘it – its okay, I’ll do it tomorrow.’

Smiling at the shorter one, Jimin nodded her head. ‘Okay, we’ll do it tomorrow.’ She needs to bring back Minjeong's confidence. Maybe following Minjeong's simple request like this will help.

She moved to take her toiletries out of her luggage, a towel, and clothes to change.

Minjeong is still standing in the middle of the apartment.

Jimin carefully patted Minjeong's shoulder and pointed her finger towards the bathroom. ‘Can I use your bathroom?’

 

Jimin was done freshening up, and her heart sank even more when Minjeong was still in the middle of the living room. Her shoulder dropped.

‘min- Minjeong ah?’ she called.

Minjeong flinched at the sudden sound, she just lost in her own head while Jimin went to the shower.

Jimin is on the edge of asking all the questions that keep popping inside her head. What exactly happened this past year.

‘You should go to bed’

Minjeong pressed her lips tight. ‘I – I think you should take the bed.’

Jimin doesn’t dismiss Minjeong's words right away, instead she smiles warmly at her ex-wife. ‘Can I know why?’ she asks softly.

‘You just arrived, flight seat is uncomfortable, so you should take the bed.’

‘hm…’ Jimin pursed her lips, her eyes on Minjeong, who was staring at the floor. ‘Do you have futon then?’ She asked, figuring Minjeong was not going to let her sleep on the couch. The shorter one has been standing in the middle of the apartment because of that.

‘I don’t.’

Jimin glanced at the bed, it was a twin size bed. ‘Are you okay with me sleeping next to you?’

This time, Minjeong lifted her head to look at Jimin.

'We've been talking about who should take the bed for awhile now.’ Jimin forced a laugh, trying to push away the awkwardness.

 

She stacked up two pillows on Minjeong's right side for safety. If Minjeong falls out of bed, it's going to hurt like hell.

There is barely a space between them since it is a twin bed. Jimin lies down on Minjeong's left side. Their eyes were glued to the ceiling.

It reminds them of the first night they slept together. At that time, it was Hyein who had a fractured arm, and now it is Minjeong.

‘You can sleep in the dark now?’

Jimin turned to look at Minjeong, she couldn't see it well because of how dark it was, and their only source of light was from the outside, which peeked in between the curtains.

‘I tried, most of the time I kept it open.’

Without a word, Minjeong propped her body up, stretching out her left arm over Jimin's body, and switched on the lamp on the nightstand.

The action caught Jimin's breath. She's now looking into Minjeong's eyes, both can see each other because of the light.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter