Kikwang

Hitch Catch

 

Kikwang angrily throw the papers in his executive table. He can’t imagine what his father told him. His father told him that he is going to marry a girl so that he can have the rights to become a CEO of Telecommunications Company of his family.

 

‘’That is nothing but crap, dad.’’ He said between clenched teeth.

‘’No, it isn’t, son. To be the CEO of this telecommunication company, you should be married and have your own family. So that you can have a responsible image.’’ his father said.

‘’ Nonsense, dad. It is not a way to have a responsible image if you are already married.’’ He reply

‘’ Really? Huh? And how are you going to show you are responsible and ready for the position? Don’t forget that you have an image of being a happy-go-lucky and playboy. I don’t like someone who doesn’t deserve this position. His father said.
“ You don’t have anything to do if all of the employees in the company likes to vote me. He said in a grin smile.

‘’ Really, son, you are too proud on yourself. Unless you settle down and unless I do something about It.’’ say by his father

His father founded the said telecommunications company. His father make himself busy and put all of his efforts in this company to become successful.

“ Which is what you should do. Because I am your son and you know I deserve to take your place.” Kikwang said

“ I believe in your capabilities, son. But what I am unsure of are the things that could affect your performance as CEO. I don’t like that they will going to hurt your image in just one simple problem. And like what I have said, the only thing that you should do is going to get married and make your own family.’’ His father said.

His father is very powerful. He, his own son can’t even stop his father’s decisions.

“You are going to make your son marry to someone else who I don’t know

“You will know her if you are going to agree to marry her.”

Damn it! “I’m not going to marry a girl who I don’t love.’’ He said in a strong voice.

“When did you love someone?’’ his father said.

“Will you stop poking your nose in my personal affairs, Dad? I am entitled to choose who I want to marry.”

“Really? Do you have someone who is very nice, kind and beautiful girl? I don’t want those first class you always hang out with. Not those s called “actresses’’.” His father said

He already wants to punch his father. No, he wouldn’t let his father run his life. “I’m not going to marry that , dad, whoever the hell she is. I don’t want to sacrifice my freedom and to live in a full of sin.” Kikwang said in a cold voice.

‘’ Fine. Then that means losing the position of CEO of this company.’’ His father said.

 

Damn it!! He wanted the position. He wanted the power that came with that position. But, he don’t like to get married so that he can get the position. Not to someone he barely knew. Not to someone he didn’t love. Not to anyone. Not now.

 

But his father already told him that he should get married first before he can get what he wants.

 

“Fine! Keep that damn position!” Kikwang said, after that, he run away in his office.

“No. I will hand my position over to Joon if he will agree to marry this girl.” His father said while shouting so that he can clearly hear it.

 

Joon. It is almost 8 years when his brother is in America. He is studying law. He was intelligent, yet very conventional. He is very obedient.

Joon had always aimed to pleased their parents in whichever way he could, even if he doesn’t want he is doing. In short, he did not have mind of his own. He was a puppet on a string.

 

At that point Kikwang became nervous. He is sure that his brother will not going to betray their father even his life becomes miserable.

 

He turns to his father who is sitting in a swivel chair, “Joon is a lawyer, not a businessman. He does not have any idea on how to manage the company. He said

“He might be a lawyer but he is very intelligent. I know that he can do it. Aside from that, he is wise enough to obey all the things that I want him to do to make the company more successful. He trusts his father” his father said while smiling.

 He knew his father was teasing him. But the hell with the position!

“Then let’s see where his trust in his father will bring him,” he said and go away from his office.

 

Credits to: Heart Yngrid