The Reintroduction

Tomorrow With You (Baekhyun x OC x Chanyeol)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Song: Love Again by BAEKHYUN

 

(a continuation of the previous chapter, March)

 

More footsteps were heard on the floor and Yuna heard a deep, womanly voice. “I went to the cafeteria to check the food they’re serving this afternoon.”

“Of course, you would…” Sehun shook his head slowly.

“What’s wrong? I want to know what my husband’s eating as snack.”

It was Choi Dara, walking slowly while cradling her almost six-month baby bump.

She’s the youngest and only daughter of the Choi yangban. She goes by many names; the princess, the young miss, Deli’s real CEO, Sehun’s tiger, to name a few.

A yangban is known as the abolished monarchy and even so, these modern-day aristocrats have kept their silent power with the Choi yangban considered as the most influential family in the country.

Simply put, Choi Dara is of royal blood, making Yuna jittery with just her mere presence.

“Eomma!” Haru ran to her and hugged her tight.

“You missed eomma, my bibi?”

The cute child nodded.

“We were only together fifteen minutes ago, my love,” Dara was surprised when Haru took her hand and pulled her towards the nervous Yuna. He whispered something to his mother’s ear.

“Oh,” Dara laughed uneasily while eyeing every inch of the woman in front of her. To be fair, she looked so much better than the last time she saw her, now with better clothes too.

“Good day, young miss,” Yuna started feeling the weight on her back when she kept bowing to her respectfully. Even if the princess was only smiling, she seems to be poised and regal already.

How can I be like her? Why is she simply…perfect? Yuna thought.

“Good day too. Where is Jaehyun ssi?” the princess looked around.

“He went out for an errand.”

“Which is?” the princess let go of her son’s hand and he ran towards his father’s office.

“He said it’s for the young sir.”

“Which is?” she repeated herself.

“I…I don’t know, young miss. I apologize,” Yuna felt extremely embarrassed. How can she not know what her sunbae is doing?

“I see,” she crossed her arms and tapped her hands. “Who’s in today?” she started walking at the lobby of the executive office, her two, handsome bodyguards following her.

They were towering above her that Yuna felt her limited height once more.

“The Chief Story…I mean t-the Chief Strategist and the Chief Engineer are in but in different meetings.”

Yuna! Keep yourself together! she hissed to herself.

“Okay. Where’s Baek?”

“Who?”

“Byun Baekhyun. I want to see him,” she turned around after seeing the empty offices.

“I believe he’s at a different floor, young miss.”

“Why?” she asked.

“Uhm…I’ll find out. Hehe…”

“Could you get him for me? I want to talk to him.”

“I will. Stay there, your highness. I mean, princess. Ma’am. Sorry. Please wait for me, Mrs. Oh…” Yuna started walking fast, out of the executive office.

“You could have just…called him…” Dara was confused. “Yes, jagi?” she went inside her husband’s office when she heard him calling for her.

 

---------------------------------------------

 

The employee stationed near the entrance of the 12th floor office was startled of the nervous Yuna. “The princess is looking for Byun Baekhyun. You need to tell me where he is right at this moment!”

“You mean Miss Choi?” the employee was amused seeing her.

“Yes. Where is Mr. Byun?”

“He’s at the small conference room at the other side,” he nodded towards Yuna’s intended destination.

She brisk walked, not minding the people who were greeting her.

“Uh…” she tiptoed looking at the several conference rooms. “Mr. Byun?” she opened one door, and the three people inside were as puzzled as her.

“Aha! Mr. Byun!” She opened another door, but the room was empty.

She felt nervous. How will she know who she’s searching for if she doesn’t even know how he looks like? Is he wrinkly? Old? Tall? Short? Chubby? Stick thin?

“Miss Han?” her attention was called by someone approaching her.

“Myongryong!” she let out a sigh of relief.

“Are you okay?” he grinned seeing her being panicky.

“Where is Mr. Byun? The princess is looking for him. I don’t want to keep her waiting.”

“Oh, she’s here?”

“Yup. And she needs to see him. Stat. I can’t find him. Where is he?” she kept watching the area.

“Uhm, why don’t go in his temporary office first and wait for him there? I think he went to the restroom. He’ll be here in a while.”

“I need to bring him to her. It’s such a simple task and I don’t want Miss Choi to think that I’m incompetent,” Yuna explained.

“Relax. I got you. I’ll call him for you,” he reassured her.

“Great. I want to make a good impression so could you please tell him to hurry if you see him?”

“S-sure, I will,” Baekhyun chortled.

Yuna went inside the small room and sat down. It didn’t take long before she started tapping her feet fast.

“What’s taking him so long?” she stood up and peeked through the door.

She noticed the employees in groups, sharing ideas and laughing. The 12th floor is the Creatives Department, also known as the Engineering Department. Mr. Byun, Deli’s founder and Chief Engineer, leads the employees there and it’s basically the heart and soul of Deli.

She smiled seeing the vibrant culture of her current company. How she wants to stay in that kind of environment, but of course it’s only for a privileged few, the creme de la creme, as some would say.

She looked at her watch and it’s already fifteen minutes since Miss Choi instructed her to get Mr. Byun. Yuna was getting stressed. She doesn’t know where Jaehyun is, and she can’t call Byun Baekhyun? How incompetent is she now to the princess’ eyes?

She stood up and stormed outside the room. Maybe Mr. Byun went down already? She’s not sure.

“Hi, did you see Mr. Byun?” she asked an employee who passed by her.

“He just went out.”

“I knew it. I knew it! Crap, I missed him!” Yuna walked faster.

The employee she talked to earlier met her by the door. “You were able to catch him, right? I saw you talking to Baekhyun.”

“Uh, no. I think he went down already.”

The employee was confused of her answer and watched her riding the elevator going down.

Yuna saw Jaehyun putting his bag on his workstation. “Where did you go, again?”

“I ran an errand for Sehun. I think I told you this already?”

“Yes. But you didn’t tell me where exactly.”

Jaehyun panicked deep inside. It was Sehun’s number one rule not to mention his birthday surprise for his wife to anyone. “Uhm…I…purchased a painting for him.”

“You did?” Yuna did not believe a word he said, but let him be. “Is he there?” she jumped up and down to see if Mr. Byun is inside Sehun’s office. All three royal bodyguards who were standing outside the CEO’s office were puzzled seeing her childish ways.

“Who?”

“Mr. Byun?”

“Yeah, he just came in.”

“Wait. I…don’t…see…him…” she said in between her hopping. “Huh? Is that Myongryong? What is he doing there?”

“You mean Haru?”

“No. Myongryong,” Yuna did not hesitate. She knocked on the glass door and opened it when she was let inside.

Baekhyun went to the full glass window right away and put his hoodie up.

“Young miss, I’m really sorry. I tried looking for Mr. Byun but I couldn’t find him,” she was extremely apologetic.

“He’s here. Thanks for the help,” Sehun said impassively, then wondered why Baekhyun was almost facing the corner, hands to his sides, as stiff as a pencil.

“N-no, he’s not, sir…” Yuna was apologetic. “I couldn’t find Mr. Byun. I’ll try calling him instead. But do you need help with anything, that’s why Mr. Myongryong is here?”

Sehun and Dara made eye contact, probably reading each other’s minds.

Dara was as confused as her husband. “Huh? What?”

Baekhyun faced Yuna slightly and waved his hands discretely, wanting her to stop looking a liiiiiittle stupid in front of the royal couple.

“Myong…what?” Sehun looked at Baekhyun, his wife, then Yuna.

Dara’s eyebrows creased. “Again, Miss Han? Are you seeing things we aren’t?”

“Mr. Myongryong of maintenance,” Yuna gestured towards the man.

“Oh, Baek, you just didn’t…” Choi Dara shook her head repeatedly, sounding disappointed.

“Oh no…” the little Haru sensed his mother’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter