Let Me In

Tomorrow With You (Baekhyun x OC x Chanyeol)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song: Let Me In by EXO

 

(a continuation of the previous chapter, April)

 

“Your son is stealing my spotlight,” Baekhyun murmured while chatting with the birthday boy Sehun on the sidelines.

“Spotlight? What?” Sehun chuckled.

“He…he…aigoo…” he was stuttering as he gestured towards the two dancing happily right at the center.

“You mean to say my innocent, 5-yr old son is taking Miss Han away from you,” Sehun completed his sentence.

“Innocent? He’s not innocent at all. He’s got game!” Baekhyun continued complaining.

Sehun kept laughing.

“Where did he get that personality from? From what I know you’re really bad with the ladies.”

“Does being with only one person mean I’m bad? What if there’s never been any reason to look for another woman in the first place?” Sehun took a glass of juice from the passing waiter.

Baekhyun was about to respond but Seungwan joking with Kyungsoo and the rest caught his eye.

“All’s good with everyone, Baek. Stop punishing yourself because of what occurred in the past,” Sehun murmured. “She’s…she’s about to settle down with Kyungsoo.”

Baekhyun put his hands in his pockets and dug the tip of his shoe on the floor.

“Don’t tell me you’re still not over her?” Sehun whispered.

Baekhyun sighed. “I am…I am. It’s just that the other lady is still contacting me nonstop.”

“Hyejin?” Sehun asked.

His boss nodded.

“What does she want?”

“She wants to reconcile with me.”

Sehun chortled and rubbed his nose with a finger. “Aish, that woman. Really a troublemaker, isn’t she?”

“Totally…”

Sehun noticed his mood. “Why do you seem so serious about this? Are you considering to get back with Lee Hyejin?”

“Hell no.”

“Then why are you acting like this?” he said amusingly.

“Can I be honest with you?” Baekhyun nodded towards two chairs on the corner, wanting them to have some quiet talk. “I know this is your birthday party. Sorry I’m this way. But it’s kind of bugging me for some time already.”

“Of course. You can talk to me. I’m drunk with all the fruit juices they’re serving tonight anyways,” the former alcoholic said sarcastically.

“Please don’t laugh at me.”

“I won’t,” Sehun pursed his lips, surprised of the manner Baekhyun is conversing with him.

“I…I feel insecure.”

“Woah. Why?”

“I don’t think I can trust myself anymore,” he had a limited answer.

“What are you talking about, Baek?”

“I…I am sure I like Miss Han. I want to pursue her.”

“But something is stopping you,” Sehun read his mind.

“Yes. Miss Han is too nice. She couldn’t hurt a bug even if her life depended on it. What if I hurt her, the same way I did with Seungwan?”

“Wow, Baek…” Sehun already knows it, but it was different that his boss was the one confessing it so seriously in front of him.

“There’s no specific reason as to why I like her. She just makes me…happy…fluttery, you know what I mean? Well, I’m sure you do,” Baekhyun muttered while observing the glowing Yuna from afar.

Sehun smiled then unconsciously looked for his wife in the crowd.

“But there’s this push and pull in my head. One second, I want to go all out and then I’m bugged down once more, afraid that I might do the same to her same way I did to Seungwan, even Hyejin too.”

“You mean, cheat on her?”

“Simply hurting her in general.”

Sehun let out a heavy breath as he crossed his legs. “Baek. There’s no perfect relationship. You’re two different people. For sure you will hurt each other in one way or another. You will argue, shout at each other, only because you’re not the same person. But you know what matters at the end of the day? That you’re willing to adjust simply because you want to work things out.”

Baekhyun was silent, his gaze now focused on his hands.

“You’re only at the early stages of getting to know Miss Han, yet your mind is already on step 100. Why don’t you focus on what’s happening now and savor it? At our age it’s rare that we meet someone who can give us that fluttery feeling that you were describing,” Sehun tried to lighten his load.

“What I did to Seungwan…that was not me at all. I mean, it’s so not like me. And I’m not saying this to save face, but the fact that I cheated on her with Hyejin disgusts me until now. Even if she told me she’s forgiven me already. You know Seungwan, she doesn’t hold grudges.”

Sehun nodded. “So you’re battling against your conscience this time?”

“Yes. This is a battle with myself. If I can allow myself to be with someone despite what I did. My goodness, Sehun. I respect my mother and sister so much. Why did I do it?”

“This is good, Baek. That you are stepping up and fully admitting that what you did is not right. We all heal differently. I understand why you want to take your time. But if you will ask me, this shouldn’t stop you from pursuing her. Some people might say that you should heal on your own before you be with someone else, but what if you only heal when someone else lifts you up, right?”

His boss nodded.

“There’s not a single manual telling us how to navigate through love and relationships. But as long as you know yourself you’re not doing anything wrong and the other person wants it as much as you do, I don’t think you should follow any set rule when it comes to anything at all.”

“Wow…” Baekhyun whispered.

“Hmmm?”

“I never thought you’re this good in giving relationship advice.”

“Well, I’m not the smartest guy of our generation. You are.”

“But still…” Baekhyun admired him for some time.

Sehun shrugged. “Nobody comes to me for relationship advice as they think I’m inexperienced, being with only one person ever since. But it’s not about that, it’s everything I went through with her,” his eyes followed his woman who is now approaching their dancing child.

He continued, “Given our age, I think that when you like someone don’t waste time anymore. This is actually good, Baek. That Yuna is making you think about yourself this way, making you feel like you need to be a better version of yourself.”

“Better? Well, Sehun, Park Chanyeol likes Yuna too.”

“Excuse me?”

“Park Chanyeol. Your wife’s ex-boyfriend from a long time ago.”

“I know who he is,” was all he was able to say.

“He even told me face to face that he likes her. That guy’s got guts. I mean, half breed or not, he’s technically still a prince, for crying out loud.”

Sehun started biting his lips profusely.

Baekhyun made fun of him. “Look who hasn’t moved on between the two of us? Why are you nervous?”

“I am not.”

“Aigoo. I know you so well. That’s your cue when you’re in deep thought or nervous.”

Sehun shook his head. “Me and Chanyeol are good. I was simply surprised they know each other. Is he…he can’t be spying on me through Yuna, right?”

Baekhyun chuckled. “Wow, you’re such a paranoid.”

“Live my life and maybe you’ll be a little of that too.”

“He’s not, Sehun,” Baekhyun continued mocking him. “To be fair to the guy, he’s keeping a low profile already. Come on, I’m sure you know this.”

“Sorry. From what I know, his family ostracized him because of everything that happened. And I did him bad before. I was driven by my anger and jealousy and used my power to put his company down. Looking at it now, I kind of…feel bad for the guy. He’s a social person and I’m sure he doesn’t have anyone anymore. We were even friends for a time.”

“We all did humiliating things in the past. What’s important is we forgive ourselves and move on from it, right? That’s what you told me? No grudges?”

“Yeah,” Sehun stood up and fixed his suit. “Why don’t I…invite him here tonight? The crowd is pretty relaxed anyways and it’s my birthday. I’m sure Dara won’t mind,” he started walking towards the direction of his wife, most likely to ask for permission.

“Wait. Wait!” Baekhyun hissed. “I told you Mr. Park likes Miss Han!”

“And?”

“And you’ll invite him here? Are you crazy?”

Sehun stopped for a while to look at him quickly, then was back to walking. “I keep giving you advice that I can’t follow myself? What kind of a subordinate am I?”

“Sehun. Sehun!” Baekhyun wanted to stop him from walking but couldn’t catch up. “I will kill you if you ruin my night. Even if it’s your birthday. Aish, you and Haru are two peas in a pod!”

Sehun smirked. “Life is too short to be second guessing yourself, especially when other people aren’t. Have a little confidence, Baek. Step up. You’re freaking Byun Baekhyun.”

Both men walked towards the ladies on the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter