The Surprise

Tomorrow With You (Baekhyun x OC x Chanyeol)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song: Amusement Park by BAEKHYUN

 

(a continuation of the previous chapter, March)

 

Baekhyun had his legs spread wide on the floor as he laid down, his saliva running down his opened mouth.

“Hey, good morning,” he heard someone sitting beside and murmuring.

He immediately turned around when he came to his senses. He slept at Yuna’s living room that night while she took her parents’ room.

“Did you sleep well? I was concerned that the matting might not be that thick for you,” she said.

“I slept like a log, actually,” he sat up with his hair disheveled, making Yuna laugh.

“I already prepared breakfast for us. Let’s bring some to my parents,” Yuna said. “Maybe we can pass by the town to get you clothes as well, if you want?”

“Ah yeah, sure, a new shirt and an underwear would be nice,” he chuckled. “How about you?”

“I’m fine. I’m wearing my mother’s clothes anyways,” she explained. “You might want to freshen up? I got you an extra toothbrush,” she gestured towards his chin which was filled with his saliva.

“Ah, yes. I’m sorry. Of course, yes…” he felt embarrassed as he wiped his face. He glanced on his phone which read 9am. “It’s this late already?”

“Yes,” Yuna laughed. “You were snoring so I didn’t wake you up anymore. Surprisingly, you kept sleeping despite the noise and scent of my cooking. You must have been so tired with all the walking and driving yesterday. Stand up. Let’s eat.”

Baekhyun stood up and brought his phone with him to the restroom, about to call someone to discuss something important.

After a while, Baekhyun sat down in anticipation while he watched Yuna put some food in front of him.

“I’m sorry, this is all I can prepare. I hope it’s good enough,” she beamed at him.

Baekhyun nodded as he started to chew his rice with his soup. “This is totally the best.”

“The best?” Yuna laughed. “You’re exaggerating.”

“It is. It’s really good. Who taught you how to cook?”

“It’s self-taught. I used to be afraid of the stove before. But I didn’t have a choice but to learn it when I started living with my Aunt else I’d die of hunger,” she said giddily, her hands brushing on her legs.

“I can have this everyday. I surely won’t get tired of it,” he gave her his biggest smiles as he ate her food.

“R-really? Well, I cook at the restaurant too,” she felt excited when he complimented her cooking.

“Oh, your second job?”

“Y-yes. But it’s merely grilling, making sure the meat doesn’t burn.”

“You’re a hard worker, aren’t you?” he showed her how he gobbled up more of her food.

She grinned. “Who cooks for you, Baek? Do you cook?”

“Sometimes, when I’m in the mood, which is rare,” Baekhyun laughed. “But Dara packs extra with Sehun’s lunch.”

“You mean you don’t go out and eat at restaurants during lunch?”

“Not so much. I eat whatever Dara packs. If I don’t get my lunch from her I go to the cafeteria.”

“I see…”

“Why? Were you expecting that I’d eat at premium restaurants on a daily basis?” he chuckled.

“Sort of. You’re rich. I’m sure your palate is refined,” she explained.

“Nah…”

“I was surprised when you and Mr. Oh would just eat at the pantry.”

“We’re simply like that, I guess. Sehun and I both love homecooked meals.”

“Why? I’m only curious,” Yuna asked.

“Do you need to have a reason for everything?”

Baekhyun stopped after he said this. It was the first time in his life he has said this, as everything has to have a reason in his book.

“You’re actually right. Now please eat more,” Yuna agreed and gave him more food.

The both smiled, happy of the new discoveries they have of the other.

 

---------------------------------------------

 

“Holy you startled me,” Sehun was surprised of the pregnant woman sitting on Jaehyun’s desk that Thursday.

“Good morning, sajangnim!” Dara bowed respectfully then followed him to his office.

“I thought you’re off to your meditation classes?” Sehun asked while putting his bag on his desk.

“I’m done with that. I’m now here to assist you today, sajangnim,” she said while holding a small notepad and pen. “I prepared your favorite coffee as well as a printout of your schedule for today. Would you like to go through it with me? I will discuss the agenda of each.”

He eyed his wife from head to toe. “I can handle it. Did HR allow this?” he asked. “You’re technically not a Deli employee.”

“The owner allowed it, sir,” she was all smiles.

“Right. The owner. Right…” Sehun scratched the back of his head while checking the printout. “I have back-to-back meetings today. Sure.”

“I can attend your 11am for you, sajangnim,” she offered.

“What is my 11am?” Sehun asked.

“It’s with the Employee Engagement Committee. You can delegate those activities to me to lighten your load, sir.”

“Dara, please…” Sehun rubbed his face with a hand, then pressed his lips. It was only 9:30am and he was not ready for this at all.

“Why, what’s wrong, jagi?” she pouted and had a sad expression.

“What are you doing? You’re not supposed to do this.”

“But you don’t have an assistant today, Sehun. Who will help you?”

“I can manage well on my own.”

“But Sehun…”

“Choi Dara…” he said in a boss-like manner. He hated to admit it, but he was starting to be a little irritated with his overbearing wife.

As soon as they limited her activities with the yangban, his wife had a lot of extra time for him and the kids. While that’s good, she’s started to become this ever-present, overenergetic stage wife, that Sehun was starting to get suffocated of her excessive attention.

He knew his wife is used to being stressed, of having ridiculously busy days, and now that she doesn’t have those anymore, her natural outlet is her husband.

There’s also her birthday surprise he had meticulously planned. With how things are progressing, Sehun is sure she will find out and it’s going to be a disaster.

“Can this be your birthday gift for me? It’s my birthday tomorrow,” she reminded him.

“Another person’s job shouldn’t be treated as a birthday gift, Dara.”

He saw his wife’s eyes reddening and starting to fill up. She surely is emotional when pregnant.

“But…Sehun…” she gripped her notepad and pen, her body stiffening.

He sighed. “Fine. Do whatever you want. Do I have any other choice?” he wanted to show some attitude, but he gathered the last ounce of his energy not to.

Sehun heard his wife shrieking of excitement.

“Going back, what’s the agenda for the courtesy visit of the Chinese delegates later? I can’t seem to figure it out. That’s the only thing I’m missing.”

“It’s fine. I got it,” Sehun said.

“I’ll step out at 5pm to prepare for this. I’ll be Choi Dara, your wife, then. But now, I am Miss Choi, your assistant,” she clapped her hands quietly before turning around. “Let me know if you need more coffee, sir.”

She flipped her hair while walking out, then winked playfully at Mr. Ma who just entered the room.

“What was that about, young sir?” his bodyguard asked.

“I don’t know, Dongseok. I don’t know…” Sehun slouched on his chair as he looked at the printout and cup of coffee in front of him. “By the way, were you talking to Baekhyun? I heard you ending the call with him.”

“Yes, sir.”

“What about?”

“He just wanted to check some things regarding Miss Han. He was asking for my help. I believe he called Mr. Taecyeon and Mr. Minho as well.”

“Huh? What does he need?” Sehun was surprised that Baekhyun needed to involve Dara’s brothers who have relevant positions in the government.

“He wanted to investigate some people. He believes these people were involved in something illegal and he wanted to make sure.”

“What does that have to do with Miss Han?” he couldn’t piece things together.

Mr. Ma scratched his head. “I think the young miss knows all the details, young sir.”

“Of course, she does. Nothing escapes her,” he had a sarcastic tone. He then heard his wife talking loudly to someone on the phone.

“Are you okay, young sir?”

“Yeah, I am. Could you close the door when you leave?”

“Oh, sure, young sir,” the gentle giant bowed then proceeded on leaving him.

Sehun tapped his phone on his desk, then made a call. “Sorry for calling so early. I need to make some adjustments regarding the thing later.”

 

---------------------------------------------

 

“Good morning, sir, ma’am,” Baekhyun greeted Yuna’s parents that day. “Yuna is just talking to the nurse outside. Here’s your food that she prepared, sir,” he brought out the containers from their

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter