The Baby

Tomorrow With You (Baekhyun x OC x Chanyeol)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song: Diamond by BAEKHYUN

 

(May)

 

“Surprise!” someone familiar exclaimed as soon as he entered the door of Deli’s executive office that Thursday morning.

“Jaehyun!” Yuna was elated seeing him looking fresh and well-rested from his training abroad. She couldn’t help but give him a quick hug. “I thought you’ll be here Monday next week?”

“I arrived Tuesday and decided to pass by. I hate to admit it, but I missed this place.”

“You missed working?” Yuna chortled.

Jaehyun eyed his desk. “Yeah, why not? I get so bored not doing anything anyways.”

“Is that Jaehyun?” Sehun shouted from his office. He was talking to someone on the phone and he put him on hold when he heard his assistant’s voice.

“Yes boss! I’m back!”

“What are you doing here? Go savor your few days left!” Sehun shouted again.

“I’ve had enough vacation in New York. I’m ready to work my off again,” he pretended to stretch his arms as he peeked through Sehun’s door. “Let’s have coffee later, boss?”

“Yeah, sure. I’ll just finish this call.”

Jaehyun’s dimples were apparent as he went back to his desk. “Eh…Yuna?”

“Hmmm?”

“Why is my desk super messy?” he pointed at the random sticky notes, pens and pieces of paper that seemingly trashed the desk he left.

“Don’t!” Yuna laughed nervously when Jaehyun picked up a random post it.

“Go pester the Compliance Department at 3pm. Pretend to work on the deck Sehun requested for, but submit the original draft I made. What?” Jaehyun was amused of the random notes he saw on the pieces of paper. “Are these yours?”

“No, of course not,” Yuna scratched her head. “I would suggest you keep everything where they are.”

“Huh? Why? These are all trash,” he kept reading the notes.

Yuna gathered her hands on her back when she saw Baekhyun arriving, two cups of coffee on hand.

“Woah, Jaehyun, why do you look like a celebrity? Is this the New York effect?” he asked nonchalantly before putting one cup on Jaehyun’s desk, then another on Yuna’s.

“Oh, you’re the one occupying my desk?” Jaehyun blinked fast.

“Yep. Was thinking of making this my permanent desk. The feng shui here is good,” he put one hand on his waist as he looked around, but his gaze lingered on Yuna longer.

“Okay, boss. So I can just occupy the space Yuna will vacate?”

Baekhyun and Yuna glanced at each other quickly. The both knew that Jaehyun’s return would mean that Yuna is out soon.

Baekhyun looked up the ceiling. “Uhm, I dunno.” He took his cup of coffee and went inside Sehun’s office rather hastily.

Jaehyun’s eyes were wide as soon as the door was closed. “Yuna. Yuna!” he whispered loudly.

“Yes?” she stood up while stapling together some print outs. She took a sip from the coffee to-go that Baekhyun gave.

“I heard that you and Baekhyun are dating. Is it true?”

Yuna spit the coffee all of a sudden, with parts of it reaching Jaehyun’s face and clothes.

“Whaaaat theeee???” Jaehyun was flabbergasted of her reaction.

“Oh gosh, I am so sorry!” she took some wipes from her drawer and helped him clean up.

“I’m good. I’m good!” Jaehyun said awkwardly. “Ooooh, why are you fidgety?” he was almost laughing.

“N-nothing. Where do you get your gossip from? That is totally not true,” Yuna denied it.

“Huh? Everyone knows you’re dating. Or at least getting to know each other in a romantic way? There’s no denying it,” Jaehyun teased. “Some are even saying that you’ll take over my post just so he gets to keep you. Aigoo, wait, you’re hurting me.”

Yuna waved her hands and pulled out new wipes. “No no no, there is no preferential treatment here. That’s not true.”

Jaehyun covered his mouth. “With the way you’re blushing now I think I’m telling the truth.”

Yuna took another wipe and opened it wide, pretending to cover her face.

He wouldn’t stop with the teasing. “You seem calmer now, too. Is this the effect if being in love? Being grounded and stuff?”

“No, what are you saying? Stop it,” Yuna pushed him on his shoulder.

This is already considered…dating? But there wasn’t anything after Sehun sajangnim’s birthday, Yuna thought.

The both heard someone clearing his throat, Baekhyun eyeing them as Yuna had her hands all over Jaehyun.

Sehun’s assistant pushed Yuna away comically. “I had some stains. She was just helping out.”

“Right,” Baekhyun raised an eyebrow.

“Ehm,” Jaehyun looked around. “Yes, Sehun, you want to have your coffee now? So we can catch up?”

 

---------------------------------------------

 

“I knew it. Aish…” Jaehyun hissed when he took another sip from his coffee. “What did you tell Baekhyun, though?”

The men went to the coffee shop a few blocks away from the office, with Sehun taking a quick break from work.

“I told him I don’t need another assistant,” Sehun answered nonchalantly. “Don’t get me wrong, I have nothing against Yuna but I have all the help I need. I have my bodyguards; the yangban offers me a hand too. Plus you know who my wife is…” Sehun rubbed his forehead with his fingers. He glanced outside where Mr. Ma and his two other bodyguards were waiting for him.

“Why doesn’t he hire her as his own assistant?” he asked.

“Too controversial. People already know there’s something between the two of them then all of a sudden, hey this is my assistant, Yuna…wouldn’t it be weird?”

“Weird? He made his former woman the Acting CEO for some time. At this point nobody will be surprised anymore,” Sehun’s assistant reasoned out.

“That’s exactly what’s stopping him. He doesn’t want this to be another Hyejin. To be fair to the guy, he’s more considerate now of what his employees will think about his actions.”

“And putting Yuna under you is his best solution? Great,” Jaehyun had a sarcastic tone.

“He wanted to keep an eye on her, that’s why.”

Jaehyun shrugged. “It’s weird. It makes me cringe.”

“It’s the least of your concerns. You get to keep your job, go on trainings abroad, be compensated better than the market. What else is bothering you? You’re prodding too much.”

“Ugh. You’re blunt, as always,” Jaehyun scoffed. “So what happens next? Yuna’s out?”

“That’s the scope of her contract so yes…” Sehun drank his own coffee.

“Wouldn’t you consider her for another job within Deli? You’re the CEO, you can easily recommend her for other positions.”

“I already asked her. Baek also did. We said that a post at the Administration Department will suit her. She said she has another job waiting for her.”

“Oh wow. Really?” Jaehyun’s eyes widened.

“Yeah. So who am I to insist? She’s thankful for having Deli be her stepping stone. Says she’ll use the things she learned here for her next role.”

“Would you know where that is? Good for her.”

Sehun shook his head. “She only said it’s for a start-up, small business. Been in the works for the longest time.”

“Then why is Baekhyun still insisting you get her?”

“I really don’t know. Now can we please move on to discussing New York? Or is gossiping the only thing they taught you?”

Jaehyun rolled his eyes so openly in front of Sehun.

“And the eye roll. I need to get a checklist of the things you learned,” Sehun raised both his eyebrows while pointing at his subordinate’s face.

They laughed after then proceeded on catching up.

 

---------------------------------------------

 

“I’ll go ahead now,” Yuna tapped Baekhyun’s workstation after she said goodbye to her boss.

“I didn’t realize the time,” Baekyun immediately stuffed his things inside his bag. “Let me drive you to the restaurant.”

“I got it, no need to drive for me,” Yuna went on to walking towards the exit.

She looked at Baekhyun’s hand as he held her arm gently.

“You haven’t allowed me to take you there. Why?”

“N-nothing. It will be a waste of your time if you do. You have grander duties here…” she hesitated. She moved away when another employee passed by.

“What are you talking about? I’d be more than happy to take you there.”

It was totally weird for her when other employees started paying her more attention, maybe treating her way better than

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter