The Fiancée

Tomorrow With You (Baekhyun x OC x Chanyeol)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song: Cinderella by EXO

 

(April)

 

Chanyeol, Mrs. Won and Seulgi were at the location of the new ‘Mrs. Won’s’ or Sookdal. Construction works are ongoing at this relatively bigger area a few blocks away from their original spot, the main road where more people pass by.

“Should we put up a small stage here?” Chanyeol asked Mrs. Won while he gestured towards this specific spot.

“For?”

“We can invite bands to come over and sing.”

“Who would do that?” Mrs. Won scoffed. “We’re just a small-time, startup restaurant. Unless we pay them?”

Chanyeol responded. “Yeah of course they need to get paid. But I know a few people in the industry. Maybe I can pull some strings just to make noise during our first few months. This is going to be epic.”

“Ehm…are you sure about this?” the old woman was hesitant.

“He’s a former concert producer, Mrs. Won,” Seulgi whispered on her ear, reminding her.

Chanyeol smiled at both women. “Yes, I am sure. Don’t worry about it. I know what I’m doing.”

Mrs. Won looked around the restaurant which is half finished. “Where is Yuna, by the way? She’s supposed to be here too, right?”

“How can she? She is getting busier with her day job,” Seulgi said nonchalantly while studying the newly dried paint on the wall.

“She knows that by the time this is finished she needs to work here full time, right?” Mrs. Won glanced at both. “I only agreed to all this because I know you’re people I can trust.”

“She knows, Mrs. Won,” Chanyeol grinned. “By the way, why are you on the edge lately? You’re not like this before.”

She shook her head and put her hands on her waist. “Nothing. I’m simply like this closer to our opening date. I keep dreaming that it’s going to be a disaster.”

“That’s nonsense,” Chanyeol gave her a reassurance. “We’ve got everything planned already. All we need are your winning recipes.”

The woman sighed and continued looking at the venue to nitpick on small items.

After a while, their group stopped chatting because of the woman who just entered the construction site.

“Annyeonghaseyo,” she graciously bowed to Chanyeol’s friends.

“Oh. Wow. What could someone like you be doing here?” Mrs. Won smiled at the ridiculously good-looking woman.

“I am here for Mr. Park Chanyeol,” Joohyun responded politely.

“Ooooohhh…” Seulgi was in awe. “Who might you be? His girlfriend or something?”

“Somewhat. I’m Bae Joohyun,” she extended a hand to greet her. “I’m his fiancée.”

A frown ran across Chanyeol’s forehead.

“Woah. His what?” Seulgi took her hand looked at Chanyeol coyly, who couldn’t make eye contact.

“Your fiancée is so pretty,” Mrs. Won studied her from head to toe. “But…I thought…Yuna…aren't you with...well nevermind,” she murmured random words while taking Joohyun’s hand too. “How long have you been together? Chanyeol ssi hasn’t mentioned any fiancée to us. I think we’ll be offended of this as we thought we’re close.”

Joohyun gave them her most charming smile. “I believe since we were in our teens, yeah?”

She glanced at Chanyeol who immediately held her arm and took her away gently from the prodding ladies.

“I’ll be right back,” Chanyeol opened the door and led her outside.

“Seriously, I thought he’s into Yuna…” Mrs. Won whispered loudly as she tried decoding the conversation the two were having outside. “Didn’t she tell you anything about him? Ya, Seulgi!”

Mrs. Won continued nudging her, who similarly, was trying to figure out the couple’s conversation.

“I had the same understanding,” Seulgi slapped her hand. “Yuna isn’t the type to share but I really thought they’re an item. Or…almost?”

The women looked away and stood straight when Chanyeol glanced at them quickly from the glass window.

“Why are you here?” he asked Joohyun.

“Well, your phone is not ringing so I needed to be the one to trace where you are. This is actually good, what you’re trying to build here,” she rubbed her arms and looked up the place’s signage.

“You’re cold?” Chanyeol shook his head slowly and removed his jacket to offer to her.

“Thanks,” she wore it without hesitating.

“Next time let me know if you’re coming,” he tapped the jacket on her shoulder.

Passersby kept staring at the petite, classy woman in her highest heels and tweed dress having a conversation with the tattoo-clad, rugged man.

“And what? So you could hide from me? I’ve been passing by repeatedly the past few days and it’s only now I was able to see you. You’re so difficult to catch, Park Chanyeol,” she sighed after, knowing she had been ranting again. She knows he doesn’t like her nagging.

“Why do you need to see me? You could have just sent a message.”

“I did. I guess you have blocked my number.”

Chanyeol was silent.

“Anyway, I went here because we need to start preparing.”

“For what?”

“Our wedding,” she answered straightforwardly.

“Joohyun. You know that’s not going to happen,” Chanyeol’s facial expression changed once more.

She kept a poker face. “It’s not under my control. You know your father finalized this already with my family. This is a business contract more than a marriage, Chanyeol.”

“Then this business contract is not binding, because I did not agree to this at all.”

Joohyun tried to distract herself of the random things surrounding her. “You think I like doing this? Going after you like some stalker? We both wronged our families and this is the only thing we can do to redeem ourselves.”

“You might say that because you’re close to your family, but that’s not the case for me. I’m treated like an outcast. You know that.”

She suggested. “Then use this opportunity to reconcile with them.”

“By what? Giving my freedom away?” Chanyeol retaliated right away.

“I am not taking away your freedom, Chanyeol. I am only thinking maturely, trying to figure out the best way to navigate through this pickle we put ourselves in. I am doing this for the both of us.”

“Both of us? Since when are you this selfless?” Chanyeol wouldn’t be fazed. “Can you imagine a life where you’re married to me but I’m out with someone else? How will you be able to stomach that?”

She pulled a face for the first time. “Why do you talk as if we were never in love? We were together for a long time.”

“I know you’re only doing this because if you don’t end up with me, they will set you up with someone else. And looking at how things are going with you showing up here so desperately, seems like I’m your best option.”

She felt her lips shaking, and she did not respond.

“You were the one who dumped me, Joohyun. We both know you don’t feel anything for me anymore.”

“Please don’t turn the tables on me so easily. You were still in love with Choi Dara when we got back together. I am throwing away my pride with what I’m doing now.”

He tried his best not to raise his voice. “That is not true.”

“Then what is true? I know what you’ve been doing, even befriending and taking out Oh Sehun’s new assistant. What are you doing, Chanyeol? I didn’t know you could go this low for Choi Dara.”

“This has nothing to do with her. What now if I’m hanging out with Oh Sehun’s assistant? I am genuinely enjoying her company. She has her own struggles but she doesn’t feel…heavy.”

Joohyun did not show her reaction to what he said. She was calm and composed as always. “Don’t tell me it’s her you like.”

Chanyeol looked into her eyes this time.

“What?” she blurted. “Are you kidding me? That commoner? You are a member of the yangban, Chanyeol, if that still means something to you!”

“You’re a commoner yourself, why do you talk like that about her as if being a member of that circle is the only thing that should define a person? Joohyun, you are obsessed with the idea of the yangban.”

He had silenced her with his response.

“Obviously this conversation isn’t as smooth as how we both have wanted so could you just…?”

“I am making an effort here, Chanyeol,” her voice started shaking.

“Effort for what?”

Joohyun gathered her thoughts while looking down the floor. She let out a heavy breath. “You’ve been with several women in the past and at the end of the day, you’d normally gravitate towards me. It’s been like this ever since so this isn’t something new to me. But didn’t you ever wonder how we’d be like if we actually…tried?”

Chanyeol ran his tongue on the walls of his mouth.

“I know this is something you can’t let go so easily. Why don’t you take time to think about your future with me? I am not going to sugarcoat things anymore. You’re right with what you said that you’re my best option now. It’s either you or Assemblyman Hong’s 45-yr old son who is an addict. And I can’t…” she sniffed. “You and I come a long way back. We loved each other passionately for a time. So please reconsider, Chanyeol.”

Chanyeol pondered on her words because it was the first time she cried for help.

Joohyun continued. “I know in my heart we still have feelings for each other and although it may not be as deep as before, I believe that we can start from somewhere and work things out. I am not trying to trick you or anything. You know I don’t lie.”

“This is big, what you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter