The Unsolicited Advice

Tomorrow With You (Baekhyun x OC x Chanyeol)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song: Cry for Love by BAEKHYUN

 

(a continuation of the previous chapter, March)

 

Yuna woke up to the loud banging at the house’s gate.

She glanced at her phone, the time reading 7:00am.

“Ugh, who could it be?” she rubbed her sleepy eyes and went out to see her early visitor.

She opened the door to this middle-aged man she doesn’t know.

“Is Naesang here?” he looked around the house, putting his elbow on the steel frame.

“No. He’s at the hospital, sir.”

He scoffed. “Really?”

Yuna was confused of the man’s reaction. “Y-yes, sir.”

“Who are you, then?” he asked.

“I’m his daughter.”

“He didn’t declare you to the association. Aish, that man. He’s been skipping with the dues and he didn’t declare an additional tenant?”

“Who might you be, sir? His landlord?” Yuna asked.

“No. I’m the village chief here. Mr. Kim.”

“Does he need to declare my visit? They are renting the entire house and like I said, he is at the hospital, sir,” Yuna tried her best to be civil to the man, although she knows he’s the one who usually asks for association fees from her parents, fees which are non-existent to any other village in Korea.

“We charge on a per head basis here, miss,” he answered arrogantly.

“They already pay the rent, why do they need to pay per head here? To be honest, it’s the first time I’m hearing this. I…I can report you to the police for illegal solicitation,” she raised her tone a bit.

“Aren’t you a feisty one? How can you be so sure? Have you been to this side of Korea?”

Yuna was quiet.

The old, thug-looking man continued. “Aren’t you aware of the stature of the other residents here?”

“I think that’s irrelevant to what we are talking about, sir.”

“It is, miss. The residents here are mostly ex-convicts. Divorcees running away from parental support. Debtors from their debts. Gang members. Basically, anyone who wants to hide from people. The reason why your parents are still alive is because of the protection I have extended to them. Didn’t you notice? This village is basically hard to penetrate.”

“If you are protecting my family, my father wouldn’t have suffered this much! He might not admit it, but he’s at the hospital right now because he was beaten to a pulp by his loan shark! What association dues are you talking about?” Yuna was fuming because it was the first time she has heard of this explanation and she clearly does not buy it at all.

“It was only that way because they had been missing out on payments. If they are diligent in settling, then we could have planted security around their place.”

“That is bull!”

“What did you say? Did you just curse at me?!” the man was enraged.

She saw the man about to hit her with his hand, but she took her broom and pointed it to him instead.

“Try hitting me. I will not back down. Try hitting me!” she kept provoking him, stepping closer while shoving the broom, digging it on parts of his body she can reach.

The man covered himself with his arms as he stepped back. “I’ll get you for this, !”

“What did you call me?!” she hit him further as she went out their small and short gate. She ran after him, carrying the broom, wanting to hit his head.

The man ran away, with Yuna rushing to him as well.

“Don’t ever go back here, you punk!” she shouted.

She saw two familiar frames from afar, her guests Chanyeol and Baekhyun.

Chanyeol’s gaze followed the running man. He went towards Yuna and checked her immediately. “What was that about? Did that bastard hurt you or anything?”

“No, I’m good. He’s from the village association. He was trying to solicit money from me so he can continue protecting my parents. With what happened to my father, I think that security is practically non-existent.”

“He doesn’t look like someone who can protect anyone, to be honest,” Chanyeol admitted.

Baekhyun observed both before contemplating on the situation.

Yuna sighed. “I know. Maybe he runs a village gang. But I think he’s a con man more than anything.”

“Do you need our help? I am sure we can do something about it,” Chanyeol asked and glanced at Baekhyun, who nodded.

Yuna shook her head. “I’m good. Thanks for the offer, though.”

“Are you sure?” he asked again.

Yuna smiled. “Yes. I can handle it.”

“You need someone to help clean up, right? Your father’s going home today?” Chanyeol said.

Yuna nodded. “Just a little cleaning, especially the roof as he won’t be able to reach it anymore. I’ll go fetch him in two hours.”

Baekhyun looked at his phone. “Aish, I forgot. I have a call at 8am with Sehun and Mrs. Mckenzie. Can I take a raincheck with the cleaning?”

“I’m not requiring any one of you to clean,” Yuna chuckled. “Of course, you may attend the call, Baek. For sure my boss will look for you.”

Baekhyun’s lips formed a straight line. He waved at them awkwardly before walking away.

Chanyeol exhaled heavily, then smiled. “So, where do we start?”

 

---------------------------------------------

 

“You okay over there?” Yuna shouted to Chanyeol who was at their roof deck, sealing some holes.

“Yeah, am good. Just some finishing touches then I’m done.”

“Are you sure you can manage it?” Yuna showed concern.

“Of course. This is nothing. What do you think of me?” Chanyeol scoffed.

Yuna was apologetic. “I feel embarrassed. A chaebol son like you shouldn’t be doing this.”

“Ex chaebol son…” Chanyeol said. “If you come to think of it, the breeze and view here are good. This place doesn’t look like a hideaway at all,” he pertained to the story Yuna told him earlier about what the village chief said.

“I don’t care about the breeze here. I want my parents out of this place as soon as possible,” Yuna was quick to retaliate.

“Woah, relax, miss…”

“I’m sorry. I’m very sorry. I want to be protective of my parents but as you can see, I can’t,” she explained. “You know that feeling? It’s frustrating.”

“I do,” Chanyeol looked down on her while standing on the roof. “But what the hell? Let’s help out in any way we can, right?”

“I hate this feeling. Of being helpless.”

“You’re not helpless,” Chanyeol went down the steel ladder and faced her. “You have me.”

Yuna smiled. “Thanks for doing this, by the way,” she muttered. “I’ll treat you to some street food here once you’re done.”

“How about I propose something better?”

“Which is?” Yuna wondered.

“Let me take you out once we head back to Seoul.”

“That’s nice. I’m sure Mrs. Won and Seulgi will—”

“I think I need to make myself clear. Let me take you out on a date once we head back to Seoul.”

“Huh? Why?” was her initial, raw reaction.

“The question is, why not?” Chanyeol was as confused as her. It was the first time he heard that kind of response from someone he asked out.

“Aren’t we…friends?” Yuna did not know what to say.

“And? Can’t friends spend time together? Aigoo…” Chanyeol chuckled. He knew his intentions will be taken differently now and it might be seen as a friendly date.

“Well…yes…” Yuna said hesitantly.

“Wait. Hasn’t anyone asked you out before?” Chanyeol was amused, as getting to know women through dates is so common to him.

Yuna scratched her head.

“I see…” he understood her right away. “Let me be the first one to take you out to an official date, then,” he gave her a smile so genuine and made his intentions clear as day.

 

---------------------------------------------

 

Mr. Han’s eyebrows creased when he heard the next set of words from the man in front of him. “I am sorry, but I can’t help but be gravely insulted with your words, young lad.”

“I’m very sorry,” he stood up and bowed continuously. “I am very bad with my words, sir. What I’m saying is that you will only be completely safe if you have repaid all your debts, and I have a proposal for you.”

Mr. Han ran his hand on the bandage wrapping his arm. His wife was out that time to buy food for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter