The Newbie

Tomorrow With You (Baekhyun x OC x Chanyeol)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Song: SSFW by Chanyeol

 

(a continuation of the previous chapter, March)

 

Yuna woke up when she felt something poking on her arm. Her head was in disarray having woken up so suddenly.

Not having a grip of the situation, she screamed on top of her lungs when she saw the huge man in front of her.

The sleepy man, who was as surprised with her, screamed as well.

“Wait, do I know you?” With no hesitations, he pulled her face mask down. “You look eerily familiar. You’re Han Yuna, right? Why am I here?” Chanyeol said, looking around the old and sad-looking restaurant.

“I am your usual waitress at this place, sir.”

“You work here? I thought we met at the bar? And you’re my usual waitress?”

“I never thought you’d remember what I said as you would always black out, sir,” she rubbed her tired eyes. She stood up quickly and noticed the sunlight outside.

“. What time is it?” she glanced at the wall clock. “Holy crap it’s already 6:20am! I have work at 7:30am! Parking at Hongdae is difficult too, even at this time!”

“You need to work at 7:30am? You have two jobs?”

“That’s what normal people do to make ends meet, sir.”

He ignored her sarcasm. “So you do? You only get 5 hours to yourself?”

“Yes, until such time I gather the courage to let go of this waitressing job. I have grown fond of the owner so I’m having a hard time doing so,” she turned the lights off and took her bag.

“What if I give you a ride to your place of work? You said parking is difficult, right?” Chanyeol offered.

“I need to take a shower and change to decent clothes. Aish, need to drink tons of coffee to keep myself awake today,” she slapped her cheeks softly. “Eeeep, I want to impress my boss today, nooooo…”

“Fine, since I caused all these problems, I’ll give you a ride to your home, wait for you to freshen up, then take you to the office, is that okay?” he followed her outside the restaurant, locking the door already. For some reason, he pitied the woman while she panicked about her predicament.

Yuna let out a sigh. “That would be very helpful. It’s my first day today and I need to make a good impression. I need to be there asap.”

“Leave it to me,” Chanyeol smirked.

“Woah, you’re a biker dude,” Yuna was surprised when she saw Chanyeol going to his Ducati motorbike parked at the corner. “You really are a rich man, sir.”

“How do you know this brand? You into bikes or something?”

“I just know that’s an expensive brand, sir.”

“Sorry it’s a bit…dirty,” the man tapped the leather chair on his back. “And was a rich man, to be perfectly honest with you.”

She noticed his sullen mood, and changed the topic. “How long has it been here, anyways? Yes, it’s…dirty,” she grinned.

Chanyeol kept silent and handed over a pink helmet.

“This your girl’s, sir?” Yuna asked openly.

“My former girl. Just got dumped,” Chanyeol answered and did not look at her, that Yuna started to have an inclination why he’s that way in the first place.

Former rich man dumped by his girlfriend. How unfortunate, she thought.

Yuna her lips in when Chanyeol started speeding up. She held on to the metal brackets behind her, wanting to balance herself. She did not dare hold the huge man on his shoulders or waist.

They were both quiet as they are considered strangers still. And well, they both felt tired and sleepy from the night before.

Chanyeol waited for Yuna patiently outside her apartment as she took a shower and changed to casual clothes. Good thing her aunt had an early start and wasn’t there anymore, else Yuna would need to explain herself once more.

“Where are we going next?” he asked.

“To Deli HQ in Hongdae. You know, the most odd-looking building there?”

“Deli?” he knew exactly what that company means to him.

“Yes, Deli. Do you need directions, sir?”

“I know where that is,” Chanyeol pursed his lips as he started speeding. “You work there? Which department?” he shouted.

“What was that? I can’t hear you!” Yuna exclaimed from her helmet. “What did you say?”

Deli employees observed the small woman going down this 65-million won, top of the line Ducati motorbike. The gossipmongers noticed the handsome, rugged man helping her get off too.

“7:20am. You made it on time,” Chanyeol said as he took her helmet. “Your hair is all over the place. You might not leave a good impression looking like this,” he stopped himself when he helped her fix the strands of her hair.

“Thanks for helping out. You really saved me today, sir.”

“I’m glad I was able to help,” Chanyeol responded, then was surprised of his own courteousness.

“I feel very sleepy, but I’m excited! My heart is pumping out of my chest. Woooh!” she started stretching as if joining a marathon.

Chanyeol smiled seeing her being sunny. “I’m sure you’ll do well. Good luck with this and your job at the restaurant, should you decide to still keep it.”

“I need to think things through. We are understaffed and I don’t want to add to my boss’ stress.”

“You’re a hard worker, aren’t you, Miss Han?”

“That’s the reality of life, sir. You have to work extra hard to survive. But there is always a silver lining. I’m sure it’s not going to be like this forever. Things will slowly improve, I’m certain of it. I even got this job. It’s already a good sign.”

“I see,” Chanyeol pondered on his own situation too.

“Why don’t you try working at the restaurant? I’ll give you free soju if you do,” she tried joking. “Anyway, I really have to go. Thank you sooo much for the help. I’ll try my best to return the favor one of these days.”

She turned around and walked fast towards the entrance, bowing and waving at random people. “Amazing morning, everyone!”

Chanyeol’s dimples were apparent as he saw her get in the building. Her personality is a breath of fresh air, her biggest smiles easily drawing anyone in.

 

---------------------------------------------

 

“Good morning, Mr. Jeong!” Yuna greeted him with all the positivity she has that time.

Jaehyun was startled of the commotion, having not enough sleep last night catching up on work. “Goodness, you surprised me. Could you calm down? I haven’t even had my coffee yet.”

“Do you want me to buy one for you?”

“No, we don’t buy here. We brew the coffee beans Dara sends. It’s the only thing Sehun drinks. It’s become the staple for the entire company. Every floor is supplied with it.”

“There’s also free coffee? I can say, this company takes care of its employees well.”

“Uh, let me show you how it works. I’ll give you a tour of the floor too.”

Jaehyun proceeded on giving her a tour of the executive office. “So all the higher ups are stationed at this floor. There’s Sehun’s office, the Chief Marketing Officer here, Head of HR, the Chief Strategist, and the last door at the left corner is the Chief Engineer. Like I said, we work hybrid days. I think only the Chief Strategist and the Head of HR will be in today with the CEO.”

Y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter