The Confession

Tomorrow With You (Baekhyun x OC x Chanyeol)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song: Drown by BAEKHYUN

 

(a continuation of the previous chapter, April)
 

Yuna pondered on as she walked the streets of Hongdae on her way home. Everything happened in an instant and her ending up alone like this wasn’t part of the things she anticipated at all.

She pitied Chanyeol after witnessing how his family and acquaintances treated him. He was taking it all in as they ganged up on him. She knew it wasn’t something that should be treated lightly. If for anything, what he’s going through might be worse than hers. And for a while, she was reminded of her own situation.

She was thankful that she had her parents and her Aunt Hyojoo by her side. Even if her friends are only Mrs. Won, Seulgi, even Baekhyun, she knew these limited people are for keeps.

She can’t help but admire Chanyeol as after the struggles that he shared with her, he still attempts to move on and build a better life for himself, without his family’s influences.

It was nice to have someone going through the same path as hers, she thought.

“Crappp…” Yuna held her arms as the spring breeze was getting through her bones. And her high heels were already digging her feet. She surely wasn’t dressed for the weather that night.

Some comfortable boots on sale at the Hongdae fashion strip caught her eye and as much as she wanted to buy a pair and a cover up, it was such an impulse buy to do so.

She had a lightbulb moment when she saw the Deli Headquarters from afar, with one or two employees exiting the premises at 9pm.

She couldn’t help it; she removed her aunt’s stilettos when she was already inside the elevator. It was a Saturday and for sure majority of those rendering overtime have gone home already.

It was dark at the executive office when she tapped her ID and entered.

She screamed on top of her lungs when she saw the silhouette in front of her.

Surprisingly, the silhouette shouted in return.

“What are you doing here at this ungodly hour, Yuna? You surprised me to bits!!!” Baekhyun was panting as he turned the lights on.

“Why are you here on a weekend? And at this time?” Yuna was thoroughly surprised.

“Why wouldn’t I? I needed to work,” Baekhyun munched on his banana. “You want?” he offered.

“I’m full already. Thanks, though,” she went to her desk and took the pair of slippers she kept underneath.

“Good. Because this is my first meal of the day,” he said openly.

“Huh? Why?” she looked back at him.

“I needed to catch up on my emails. We were gone for a while, remember?”

“I’m sorry I had you work on a weekend,” Yuna was apologetic.

“I have a lot of work to begin with. It’s inevitable. It’s the only thing I do anyways.”

Yuna kept rummaging through her drawers. “Aren’t you going out with your friends or family? It’s a Saturday night.”

Baekhyun didn’t want to say that his circle of friends had been nagging to meet up but at that point of knowing about his ex’s engagement, it was too uncomfortable for him to show up and pretend that it doesn’t affect him.

It’s not that he has feelings for Seungwan, still.

It’s only because…he’s human.

“Ehm, I think I already mentioned that my sister lives in New York and my parents are with her now. So yeah, it’s me, alone in the meantime.”

Yuna didn’t prod further as she noticed him getting awkward, putting his hands in and out of his pockets while tiptoeing.

“You were…on a date, I suppose? You’re dressed up,” he asked carefully while observing her.

“Uh…yes. It was very quick, though.”

“I see…h-how was it?” he looked away when he asked.

Yuna ignored him. “Crap, where is it…” she was close to turning her drawers upside down.

“What is it? What are you looking for?”

“I kept a jacket here. And I can’t find it anymore. It’s pretty cold outside especially with this outfit.”

“Oh, is that it? I’ll lend you mine,” Baekhyun was quick to remove his and hand it over.

“How about you? What will you wear?” Yuna hesitated.

“Nah, I’m good. I’ll be in the car anyways. Just need to turn the heater up,” he approached her and gave it to her.

Yuna’s blinking went fast while deciding if she will take it or not. “Thank you…” she took it slowly from his hand.

Baekhyun gave a tight smile before letting out a heavy exhale.

“Baek, sorry,” Yuna was giggling. “But when was the last time you washed this?” she showed the gray jacket’s dirty collar.

“!” Baekhyun wanted it back, but Yuna wore it already. “Ehm, it’s been in my office for a long time. I felt cold too that’s why I wore it, okay? Give it back if you’ll complain,” he felt ridiculously humiliated.

She eyed his wrinkled shirt and pants. “I’m not complaining. Well, Baek, if you need help, I can offer a hand.”

“With what?”

“Household chores? You clearly need help. And you need to eat properly. The reason why you haven’t eaten yet is because you don’t have Miss Choi’s packed lunch today.”

“Aigoo, I’m doing well on my own, trust me,” Baekhyun responded confidently.

All of a sudden, a loud growling was heard in the quiet room, and it surely came from his stomach.

“Was that…you?” Yuna chortled.

“I told you the banana was my first meal.”

“Let’s eat, then. I’ll accompany you if you don’t have anything else tonight,” she offered, her tone having a hint of disappointment.

“You will?” Baekhyun’s eyes widened. “Great. I’m craving for some chicken and beer.”

“Of course,” Yuna tapped him.

“Ouch,” Baekhyun ran a hand on his bare arm.

“Huh? Did it hurt? It was only a light tap,” Yuna started walking towards the door.

“It did,” Baekhyun pouted while caressing his sore arm.

He didn’t want to tell her that he visited Sehun’s boxing gym that morning so he could learn the basics, maybe bulk up a bit?

But he ended up feeling like a vegetable after thirty minutes of some light training.

Baekhyun immediately went to Sehun’s office, his ergonomic chair to be exact.

“Woah, I look cool in this, don’t I? Do I look as handsome as Sehun now?” he modeled the freshly laundered jacket that Sehun left. “Dara always makes sure her husband keeps a jacket in his office.”

“My boss will kill you if he sees you in that,” Yuna warned him. “Miss Choi got that for him when they were still dating.”

“Nah, he won’t. I’ll just message him that I borrowed it,” Baekhyun observed himself using his phone.

“Are we going, or what?” Yuna looked back at him.

“Oh, we’re going now?” Baekhyun asked.

“Yes. With the way your stomach is growling I’m sure you can eat me alive.”

Baekhyun grinned while following her, and he wanted to look cool and calm so he kept a straight face.

 

---------------------------------------------

 

“I can’t believe you’re able to finish all those,” Yuna was in awe of Baekhyun finishing the pieces of chicken served.

“I told you I’m hungry,” he repeated himself.

“Baek, my boss will surely kill you. If not him, his wife. I am 100% sure. You messed up his jacket,” Yuna nodded towards the sauce stains Baekhyun left on it.

They went to the nearest Chicken and Beer branch in Hongdae. The restaurant was full as it was its peak hour. And yet, the owner set aside a table and two chairs knowing that it’s their regular who wanted to dine in, even dedicating a waiter to them.

“I’ll clean it, don’t worry,” Baekhyun ignored her.

“Give it to me. I’ll wash it for you.”

“Eh? No.”

“You lent me your jacket. It’s only fitting that I wash both. Please? Don’t say no.”

“Fine. I’ll give it you later. You’ll let me drive you home, right? It’s 11pm.”

She looked at her aunt’s watch. “Huh? It’s that late?”

“Yup. Why? You have a curfew or something?”

“My aunt might be wondering what time I’d go home. She knows I am with someone,” she took her phone. “Crap, my phone died.”

“The company phone?”

“My personal phone. I left my company phone at home.”

“Use mine,” Baekhyun handed his. “I told you to replace that. Your battery doesn’t last for more than 4 hours on full charge.”

“I will. That’s on my list,” she smiled.

“Or drop that and use the company phone instead,” he observed Yuna as she typed and sent a message to her aunt.

“No, what are you talking about? The company phone should be for official use only.”

“I own that company phone and technically I can dictate where I want it to be used, okay?”

“Woah, so bossy…” Yuna chuckled. “If you come to think of it, when I haven’t met you yet I thought you’d be a stiff, middle-aged man who is as overbearing as it can get.”

“What did you think when you fina

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter