The First Date

Tomorrow With You (Baekhyun x OC x Chanyeol)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song: Hear Me Out by EXO

 

(April)

 

After a day of babysitting that weekend, Yuna found herself lying down the bed, thoroughly exhausted.

She hasn’t had any break in a while except for the thing she will have later.

With everything that’s happening in her life, overlapping responsibilities here and there plus her need to be more focused catering to her parents, yes, it was considered a break for her.

She went to her closet and studied the less than 20 pieces of clothing she has inside. It was all the basics; jeans, shirts, and a few dresses that she wears on rotation.

Of course, she wanted to look good for the occasion, but she didn’t have time to doll up at the salon nor buy a new dress. After all, she has given the remainder of her savings to her parents to pay for her father’s medicine and upcoming follow up visits to the hospital.

“What if I just wear something from the clothes Deli gave me?” she pondered on. “No. No, Yuna, you should be courteous enough that somebody asked you out. Do you remember what Jaehyun ssi told you? Dressing well is a sign of good manners. Do I have that, though? Chanyeol knows I don’t,” she covered while giggling.

She was clearly anticipating what will happen that evening.

Anticipating because she’s curious what it’s like to be on a real date.

Truthfully, she has gone out with different men before, but it was only for a quick coffee run, grocery errand, or maybe accompany them while they walk their dogs? All of which she doesn’t even know if defined as a real date.

Nobody pursued her after those pseudo-outings anyways. Simply put, nobody took time to get to know her better.

She isn’t the type to desperately look for someone though—may it be love, a constant companion, or simply a person to rely on. Little by little time passed by and she realized she hasn’t had any relationship given her age.

She panicked when she saw the time. It was close to 5pm and her date is arriving in 20 minutes.

She decided to put on the most decent dress she has, the same she wore during her interview with Deli, and other important events in her life as of recent. 

Chanyeol was drunk when he saw her in that ensemble, maybe he has already forgotten? She chuckled at the idea.

“Ehmm, how do I do this again,” she laughed at herself trying to apply her expired eyeliner. She wasn’t confident with it as her hand was trembling due to overwork. “Wait. I remember the customers at the restaurant do it with some sparkly eyeshadow,” she went through her small make up kit to check if by some miracle, she had something similar.

“Oh well, he’s seen me at my worst anyways. This is pretty decent already. Omo, Yuna, why are you like this,” she gave up quickly then applied some blush and lip gloss, the only constant things she puts on. Those are the only items in her pouch anyways—powder, blush on, lip gloss, her expired eyeliner, and some eye drops.

“I look acceptable, right? Yeah, I think I do. Do I have any choice anyways, this is my best look already,” she stared at her entirety at the full-length mirror right by the hallway. “No, Yuna. Where is your confidence? Why are you like this? Fighting!” she encouraged herself while tapping her shoulder.

“You’re dolled up,” her Aunt Hyojoo commented when she saw her coming down the stairs. She was watching TV at the living room while having some snacks. She stopped chewing while observing her niece.

“Thank you, Auntie.”

She made small talk. “I heard that you visited Naesang oppa recently.”

“Yes, I did, Auntie,” Yuna had a limited response while looking out the window. She was sure she will never mention her father getting beaten up by those loan sharks, as it is certain it will bring further shame to her small family.

“How is he? I was only able to speak to Jungnan. She said you brought some friends with you? Errr…men?”

“A few accompanied me as they wanted to see the coastal view.”

“Your mother said that Mr. Park was there? The guy you introduced to me the other day?”

“He showed up the following day, Auntie.”

“Good. That’s…good. Are you two dating, or something?” She asked straightforwardly once again.

“We’re good friends, that’s it, Auntie.”

“At least you’re trying to mingle with other people aside from your usual, bad influence friends.”

Yuna chuckled deep inside. She knew those bad influences are clearly non-existent.

“Although I heard that Mr. Park doesn’t have a squeaky clean image,” she popped more snacks in her already full mouth.

“He’s a good person in my opinion, Auntie.”

“He’s the first son of Ulsan Energy Corp., right? I saw online that—”

“You know I don’t check in on other people through that, Auntie.”

“Whatever. How did the two of you meet? You and Mr. Park?”

“Uhm, through an acquaintance?” Yuna could not say anything about the restaurant, as for sure her Auntie will react negatively about her working there. 

They may see each other almost every day, but Yuna hasn’t developed that close relationship with her as she feels she’s a burden to her. That and the nagging feeling of being judged by her with the rest of their relatives.

Her Aunt Hyojoo is kind and a good role model for Yuna, but she vowed that when she saves enough money and scores a stable job, she will move out of her house and look for a decent apartment for herself. Depending on her for lodging is already shameful for Yuna, as her family used to be way up there before.

“Oh. Good. That’s good for you…”

There was an awkward silence between the women.

“Your mother mentioned that there was another guy too. The owner of your company?”

“Yes, he was there too.”

“Byun Baekhyun? Seriously? Why? I thought your mother was only joking, to be honest,” Hyojoo was amused.

If only she knew that there was an emergency, she could have understood why Yuna’s friends accompanied her all of a sudden to the province.

“He simply wanted to,” Yuna responded. 

“He wanted to go to that long drive because he wanted to? Do you know exactly who he is? He is not some random owner of a small store in the middle of nowhere. He owns the topmost tech company in Asia.”

Yuna answered patiently. “I know who I am working for, Auntie,” she pursed her lips afterwards because there was a time she doesn’t know who he was.

“Oh, Yuna, why are you so naïve?” Hyojoo couldn’t believe what she was hearing.

“What do you want me to do? Pull out a red carpet for them and throw some rose petals on their pathway?” Yuna tried joking, making exaggerated movements with her arms.

“Wow, you’re naïve and sarcastic. Wow, I have to commend you on that, hun. Seriously, why are you taking this lightly?” she was in disbelief.

“I have to go,” Yuna murmured when she saw the car stopping at the driveway.

Hyojoo was fast going after her when she saw the familiar car outside. “We’re not done yet. I need to know everything. Wait. Wait!”

“Yes, Auntie?”

“You’re going out with Mr. Park?”

“Uhm, it’s just for casual dinner,” it was surely a flimsy response.

“Casual dinner?” Hyojoo couldn’t comprehend the way Yuna was taking the situation. “Wearing that?”

“What’s wrong with my outfit? You love this dress.”

“Yes I love it when you’re about to attend a business formal event. Show some skin, Yuna. Juuust a little. I mean, you’re going on a date. I’m sure you know what I’m talking about,” she kept looking out the window. “You keep saying you haven’t been on a date before but I don’t buy that. Come, I have just the perfect dress in mind.”

“Will it fit me, though? You’re tall, Auntie.”

“Yes. Trust me,” she smiled. “Go to my room. I’ll ask your date to have coffee in the living room in the meantime.”

 

---------------------------------------------

 

Chanyeol kept looking around the living room while waiting for his date to appear. Her Aunt said she’ll be there in 15 minutes but it’s been 20 already.

He kept smiling to himself, then observe the furniture surrounding him, take a sip of his coffee, check his phone, then all of those again and again.

He chortled when he realized he was feeling nervous. And going through this numerous times, he doesn't understand why. It's probably the reason why he gravitates towards her. She makes him feel new, that he can still feel differently regarding the things he's used to doing.

“This is too much,” he heard someone whispering loudly.

“It’s not! Trust me for once!”

Chanyeol found himself bowing repeatedly and unexplainedly when he saw his date for the night. It felt like he was taken back to a time where he was having his very own first date. “Good day, Yuna,” he kept saying.

“I’m sorry I kept you waiting,” she then glared at her Auntie who was cheering her on. “Let’s go, Yeol?”

“Of course. Let’s go,” he stuttered and bowed to Hyojoo this time.

“You might break your back with what you’re doing,” Hyojoo joked, then stopped him. “Before you go. What do you think of my niece?”

“Auntie, stop it. You sound like a stage parent!” Yuna hissed.

“Why? It’s the first time you let me dress you up like this. And I really enjoyed it. That’s why you should do this more often. I mean, ask her out more, Chan---.”

“Auntie!” Yuna was quick to stop her.

Chanyeol scratched the top of his head.

“Ooops, I forgot something,” Hyojoo said while studying her niece. “Come with me real quick.”

Yuna followed her to the bedroom only to find Hyojoo putting her favorite watch and some jewelry on Yuna’s wrist.

“I can’t wear these,” Yuna stared at the rose gold Rolex Datejust and the Cartier bangles of the same color.

“Wear them else I’d get mad at you,” she threatened her. “Look at your date. I’m sure he’ll bring you somewhere fancy. Those fit the occasion.”

“These are your most expensive items,” Yuna held her Aunt’s beige Chanel bag up.

“I don’t use those too often. They need fresh, outside air. Just take care of my babies, okay?” Hyojoo pushed her out the door and back to h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter