The Elevator Man

Tomorrow With You (Baekhyun x OC x Chanyeol)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song: Betcha by Baekhyun

 

(March)

 

“Sorry, need to put a hard stop on our lunch. I have a 1pm,” Sehun wiped the corners of his mouth with a tissue. He was in a small conference room with Baekhyun and Jongdae, eating the lunch his wife prepared for all of them.

He gathered the empty containers and shoved them in his insulated bag.

“You’ve become a hardcore CEO now, your highness,” Jongdae said while sipping the remainder of his juice loudly.

“Nah, I only fake it until I make it,” Sehun snickered.

Baekhyun tapped his tummy. “As always, this meal made by Dara is so good. I wonder how she has time for this, still? You have three children and she’s pregnant with your fourth.”

“They’ve lessened our activities with the yangban, so she’s more like a housewife. We only attend major events now.”

“That’s good. That’s what you want, right?” Baekhyun stretched.

“Ehm, a little. She just hounds on me more since her full attention is on me and the kids so…” he scratched his eyebrow.

“Be careful what you wish for, right?” Jongdae grinned.

“I’m fine with my wife acting this way. I just hope she’d give Jaehyun some slack. It’s as if he’s her employee.”

“He’s leaving soon, right? Training overseas where only a chosen few attend?” Jongdae asked.

“Yeah, that programme under Blair Mckenzie’s R&D. I insisted he undergoes this training else he’d get sorely stressed with my tiger. I also see his potential so I want him to take this opportunity.”

“I can say, Blair Mckenzie’s group is such a good partner for Deli,” Baekhyun said.

“I agree. I think our brand image improved when we were affiliated with her and Willem Van den Berg’s brand,” Jongdae added.

“If I were the CEO I wouldn’t have thought of this. That’s why it’s best I remain to be the Chief Engineer and you continue calling the shots, Sehun.”

“Well you’re still the Chairman and owner of Deli. I’m still your employee, Baek,” Sehun yawned.

“By the way, who will handle your day to day? Don’t tell me it’s Dara,” Jongdae continued laughing.

“She actually insisted on doing that. But fortunately, my wife agreed that we hire someone in place of Jaehyun temporarily,” Sehun responded.

“You’re doing the job offer already, right?” Baekhyun was curious.

“Yeah. The candidate was referred by Dara’s doctor. Need to move fast as Jaehyun is leaving soon. Of course, you had the last say with the hiring, Baek. I don’t know how you do it, really.”

“My track record has vastly improved. I don’t hire criminals anymore,” he snickered.

The men shrugged.

Jongdae won’t stop teasing Sehun. “Funny thing is Sehun considers that a training with Blair Mckenzie is considered relaxing as compared to having to deal with Choi Dara on a daily basis.”

“Hey, I did not say that.”

Baekhyun started daydreaming. “How I want to go back to New York and visit my sister.”

“Sure. Just take me with you,” Jongdae suggested.

Sehun glanced at his watch. “Agh. It’s 1pm. I really need to go.”

“Wait. I’ll come with you,” Jongdae stood up and followed him.

Baekhyun was swiveling the ergonomic chair when he realized he was left alone in the conference room, empty juice bottles and tissues on the table.

“Aish. Those two men,” he stood up and started wiping the table. “Seriously, do I really own this company? The hell am I the one doing the cleaning?”

 

---------------------------------------------

 

“Thank you so much for this opportunity, Mr. Jeong. Words are not enough to show my appreciation,” Yuna kept bowing as they were walking at the lobby of Deli.

“Don’t thank me. I wasn’t the one who hired you,” he kept a serious face while thinking of his list of things to do for the remainder of the day.

 

 

Create the deck for Sehun’s business alignment with Mr. Willem Van den Berg. The report must be accurate. Submit to Dara for initial comments.

Arrange Sehun’s roadshow for this quarter. Confirm the schedules with the business heads. Present the outline to him and Dara.

Go through the numbers that Emerging Enterprises submitted as Sehun said it doesn’t add up with his own tracking.

Release the minutes of the meeting that I prepared during his 10am.

Plan his itinerary when he leaves for Shanghai for his business trip. Book flights and hotel. Send the confirmation to Dara right away.

Decline the invitation of GQ magazine to feature Sehun as its cover. Politely. And inform Dara once done.

Send a copy of Sehun’s schedule for the next three weeks to Dara. Brief Mr. Ma as well.

Process the downpayment for Dara’s birthday surprise. Top secret.

Work with Ms. Jang to finalize Dara’s birthday plans for Sehun. Secretly.

Work on my initial homework for the New York training.

Create my turnover list. Send to Dara for checking.

 

 

All these with half a day left, plus he has back to back meetings to attend to.

What time will he go home now? By the looks of it, maybe 9pm is the earliest?

Jaehyun glanced at his temporary replacement and for a while he felt nervous if the woman can, indeed, fill in his spot.

She maintained having that giddy tone. “I’m sure if you’re strongly against this they wouldn’t push through with it. I am looking forward to learning a lot from you. Do you have initial tips as to how I can manage Mr. Oh?”

“You haven’t even seen your compensation package and you want tips already? What if we offer the bare minimum with no other benefits?”

“I’m sure your salary offer is competitive, sir. I mean, this is Deli. Am good with whatever you will offer. Just the thought of working here, and for the prince of course, is more than enough.”

“I have a first tip for you, then.”

She clapped her hands quietly. “What is it, sir? I want to know.”

“Be assertive.”

“Eh?”

“Not just with your salary but with taking over my spot in general. You will be meeting a lot of different personalities and you should know how to manage all. Be nice, but firm. That is the number one requirement for this job.”

“I’m truly excited for that.”

He shook his head, wondering if the woman is taking this seriously. “Stay in that conference room and wait for me. I’ll call our human resources executive so we can explain our salary sheet better,” Jaehyun nodded towards a door and walked fast.

Yuna entered the room excitedly and was all smiles when she saw the person inside.

“Oh, it’s the elevator man!” she exclaimed.

“Huh? The elevator man?” Baekhyun said while finishing wiping the table.

“I was the girl you bumped into yesterday at the elevator. Would you believe it? I’m back to discuss my compensation! You need help with that?” she watched him throw the empty juice containers on the recycling bin.

“No need. I’m done anyways.”

“That’s why this place is clean and spotless, it’s all because of your hard work, Mr. Elevator.”

Baekhyun’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter