As good as it gets

You're gonna marry me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The 8-year married couple had a business gathering the previous night, and the house was a mess.

Byul-YI didn’t like it whenever they threw parties at their places. Instead, the massage therapist preferred to rent a club or gather people at a restaurant.

The brown-haired female decided to take care of their pets to calm down, and Jin-Ae, their 4-year-old baby girl, followed her around the yard.

__ Mommy, the turtles wanna eat me.__ The little child, who happened to be Byul-YI’s copy, giggled.

__ No, little mouse. They want a banana. Why don’t you place some pieces on the grass? Careful with your hand, though. Keep it far from their mouths.__ The female taught her daughter.

Suddenly, their two cats crossed the yard in a rush and one of their 6 rescued dogs was chasing them.

Rolling her eyes, Byul-YI mumbled:

__ Who let the dogs out?

An 8-year-old girl came from the backyard and looked at the massage therapist with guilty eyes.

__ I did, mom. I’m sorry.

Byul-Yi patted one of her adopted daughters on the head and asked:

__ Didn’t Yong mom and I tell you it may be dangerous to do some things without supervision?

__ Yeah... It’s just, Fatty was too noisy. And Nabi started crying because she got stressed with it.__ The adorable girl explained.

Another girl, a 6-year-old, showed up with her face covered with yogurt.

Taking a deep breath, the handsome woman asked:

__ Nabi, how did you...?

The child, who was shorter than her youngest sister, shrugged and continued the mug.

But then she hid behind Byul-YI when they all heard Yongsun shouting:

__ Naaaabiiiii!

The 38-year-old woman came to the yard and glanced at her children and wife with a serious face.

__ I love you all. But I’m about to lose my mind. Why is everyone so naughty and messy today? Look at the house’s condition.

Byul-YI exhaled and walked toward her wife with an annoyed expression.

The massage therapist held the architect by the arm and pulled her to a corner.

__ And whose fault is it, exactly?

__ Huh? Byul-ah, are you implying that it’s all my responsibility?

The 32-year-old checked if their three girls were paying attention to them. But luckily, they continued taking care of the pets.

__ I asked you a hundred times not to throw that party here. Lately, you’ve been traveling a lot and the kids miss you. Nabi is more attached to you. So obviously, the child keeps doing to get your attention. And I’m not cleaning this mess. You wanted your guests here, right? Either tell them to come and organize everything or do it yourself.

Taken aback, Yongsun stared at her lover in silence for a few seconds.

The brunette had never seen her wife so upset. And that was their first real argument ever.

__ Okay, I hear you. I was just too excited to show off my perfect family to my new clients. You’re right. I should spend more time with you girls. Can you forgive me?

Sulking, Byul-YI declared:

__ I don’t know, Yong. Words may have a beautiful sound. But I get convinced by actions. Plus, you owe your daughters an apology. And a change of behavior.

Slowly nodding, the brunette accepted that the younger one was right.

Yongsun caressed her wife’s face and promised:

__ I’ll take a 6-month break. Listen, Byul Byul. I can do anything for you and the kids. I promise I won’t prioritize work anymore.

__ Hm... Let’s see. Now why don’t you gather those 3 and shower with them? They’ll love it.

The older one smiled and placed a kiss on her partner’s cheek.

__ Come, girls! Mom is showering with you.__ The black-haired woman exclaimed.

The 3 kids clapped their cute hands with excitement and followed the architect.

Byul-Yi shook her head and smiled before walking around the place to take care of the other pets.

Later, the architect called her mother and asked if she recommended any maid or a cleaning agency.

The older lady passed the contact of two people, and Yongsun thanked her before speaking to them.

It was agreed that the two would come and organize the house while the family was out.

Neither Byul-YI nor Yongsun liked having maids or nannies. So they would hire one of them only on rare occasions.

However, they had a gardener and Yongsun asked him the favor to welcome the two maids and keep an eye on everything for the following hours.

When the brunette mentioned her plan, the massage therapist commented:

__ The girls want to introduce their kid to ours. Wanna go visit?

__ Sure! I’ll check if they need help with their clothes.

Softening her facial expression a bit, Byul-Yi asked:

__ Did you know that Jin-Ae learned how to tie her shoelaces?

__ Aw! Really? I’ve missed so much recently. I’m sorry, babe.__ The older one spoke with honesty.

The handsome woman slapped her wife’s before responding:

__ Lucky you that I’m not a quitter. Now go put something provocative to make people feel jealous of me.

__ So cocky!__ Yongsun smiled and stole a kiss from the taller one.

__ x __

Hyejin and Wheein had been living together for the last 4 years.

The couple decided not

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter