Chapter 2

Reward of Life

Chapter 2

 

“Why don’t you change your clothes at least once a month?”, a girl, apparently the leader of the group, hissed. Other Girls laughed at Gain, because her no name clothes and it didn’t even a slightly bit as good as the clothes from the girls who laughed at her now. It was a day like every other. Girls laughed at her and she just ignored it. The girls don’t care about Gain having no parents or relatives. They don’t care about the fact that Gain has to earn her money, while they get it without even asking. Luckily she could go home now, school was over that’s what she thought . She made her way out of her home room and walked down the stairs.

“Miss Son would you come here for a moment.” She turned around and saw one of her teacher standing there.
“Would you mind helping me a little bit. The students all left without cleaning, so I need a hand.”
She signed and followed him, because she was too nice to say no. She always had been.
“The Sponge isn’t here and I can’t find any chalk Mr Hwang”
“You can get new chalk and a new sponge in the storage room. Number 261. You know where it is right?”, he asked as he handed her the key. She nodded, half ran half walked to the room. She badly wanted to get home to search for something to wear at the evening. She opened the door, which wasn’t looked, just to close it again quickly. Her cheeks turned red and her eyes were wide open. She ran away as if she had seen something forbidden.
Finally at home after rushing out of school her thoughts were all about what to wear. She looked through her closet only to sigh afterwards. There was only one dress, which her father bought for her.

“Do you like this dress? I think it will suit you”, her father asked with a smile on his face. A smile which didn’t reach his eyes. She could tell. The last time a smile reached her fathers eyes was 2 years ago. Before the cancer has been diagnosed. That’s how long her mother already fought for her life. She is loosing this fight.
“Of course I will look beautiful crying in that dress in front of mothers grave.”
“She will go for good. Your mother won’t have any pain anymore and she will be watching you from above”, her father said to her, pain clearly visible in his eyes.
Gain tried not to cry . She did not want to talk about her mother’s death anymore, even if she talks about it, it won’t make her mother healthy, so why talk about it. She just grabbed the dress her father showed her and went to the checkout.
It pained her twice to look at that dress. The black colour seemed to mock her,´reminding her that she needed it not only for her mother funeral, but also for her fathers. Life isn’t like a fairytale, not for her. It more like a never ending nightmare.