Chapter 3

Reward of Life

Chapter 3

 

“Jo Kwon hurry up our guest is going to be here soon.”
“I will be there in five minutes Mum.”
She rolled her eyes at the word Mum. Since he came back from studying in America he talked like that. Like promised he was down at the exact fifth minute.
“At least he kept his manners” his mother thought.
“So where is the guest?”, Jo Kwon asked curious who is going to turn up.
'“She will be here soon!”
Oh a girl, so this is one of your”

 

“No, I promise I just like that girl very much. She has no family anymore”, his mother interrupted him. And like you always say you can search for a girl by your own. You don't need your old mother for that. Jo Kwon became quiet. He was determined to make this evening one of the best in that girls life, even if he does not know her. The door bell rang and he rushed to it, opened the door, only to stare at the little girl in front of him, who's also staring at him wide eyed. Jo Kwon was flustered. Why is it her of all people who live in Seoul.
She would have a totally wrong image of him and that on an evening, which was so important to his mother. She was important to his mother who wouldn't want the two of them feeling weird towards  each other and two minutes ago he was determined to make her wonderful evening. Jo Kwon sighed still looking at the petite girl.


“Is that my little Gainnie. Aigoo you look really pretty and a smile suits you a lot better than your usual sad expression. Oh, why are your cheeks so red are you sick?”, mother Jo said, as she laid her hands on Gains forehead.
“I think you temperature is normal, well must be your freezing a little. Only then mother Jo realized that Jo Kwon stood there still looking at Gain like she was a ghost. Yah Jo Kwon are you deaf I said she is cold. Show some manner and offer her a tea at least. Aigoo that boy is just in his own world.”
“It's alright omoni  I am fine,” Gain said shyly.
That situation was kind of new to Gain and despite that she liked the older women, she felt uneasy, because of Jo Kwon. Her cheeks were still red due to the pictures, which traveled through her mind. She would never go near a  storage room again she swore herself the hundredth time today.
Mother Jo looked at Jo Kwon and then at Gain and back to Jo Kwon. She was confused at their behavior. Did they say  Annyeonghaseyo to each other or Hello or whatever the Kids say these day. She would bet that they didn't. They just starred at each other like they never say a human before. Maybe they like each other already or do kids stare at each other before saying something. Was that how thing went nowadays. Well mother Jo was a very talkative she couldn't stand silence so she interrupted them with their...she really didn't know what it was.

“Gainie pae goh pah yo?”,the mother studied Gains face and smiled at what she saw. The girl nooded slightly, which earned a chuckle from mother Jo. That's good. Palli Jo Kwon we are hungry and you are going  to be our waiter today.”