Chapter 7

Reward of Life

Tears dropped on the cold stone which she caressed lovingly. She laid a bouquet of red roses on the grave of her parents.
“I brought you red roses, they were your favorite flowers. I still remember how you smiled every time I brought you some, even if you knew I pluck them in our neighbours garden. Are you happy up there with Appa? I think about you everyday. Day by day I miss you a little bit more.”
She couldn’t hold in the sobs anymore. It seemed to be so loud, but then again her heart couldn’t cry out too loud for what happened one year ago. Her whole body was shaking and she couldn’t see that much anymore. Suddenly two strong arms enveloped her causing her to gasp in surprise. She turned around and saw Kwons reassuring smile. Being the only person she trusted Gain snuggled into his chest and let everything she held in for the past year out, seeking for comfort and maybe love?

Kwon let the little girl in his arms cry, because he knew that is what she needs to do now to let go in the long run. He watched over her the past week and saw that she suppressed something. Now he knew what it was- Gain couldn’t let go of her parent’s. He knew that her parents died so he thought she accepted and overcome it naturally, but she just suppressed it or sometimes just ignored it. When she goes home nobody will wait for her that was what worried him. How could she overcome the death of her parents when nobody helps her. Even a strong person needs help during times like this.

After what seemed like eternity to her tears stopped to flow down her cheeks. She looked up only to see Kwons warm smile. The warmth of his embrace was what she needed right now that is why she didn’t want to let go, but they unfortunately had to get up and go.
Kwon took Gains hand and they walked back home. All the while she felt something warm and ticklish inside her tummy, something she never felt before. She felt warm all over especially her head.
“Oppa Kamsaha…”
“No don’t say that again and besides I won’t go home now I will come up with you.” Gain was flustered. She never took anybody up to her small apartment and she never imagined JoKwon taking her up there.
“Oppa wae?”
“Because you have a fever and don’t even realise it by yourself so how would you take care of yourself? Now ppali I don’t know the way.”
They went up and Gains cheeks became redder second by second but not because of the fever.

 

What will happen in her apartment? Hahah did I make you curious