Chapter 6

Reward of Life

Chapter 6

 

She was at home when her phone suddenly rang. She smiled as she read the text message, which was from JoKwon.

“So would you like to come by this evening?”
“I’m sorry Oppa but I don’t have time tonight”, she wrote back.
“Wae?”Gain smiled at his childish question. Everybody else would just accept it, but not him.
“I have to search for a new job.” After five minutes of waiting she received another text message.
“Please come by I have an idea. You won’t regret it I promise. See you later. Let’s say in two hours. OK bye.” Before she could say anything else he hung up.

 

“Umma we’re here”, Kwon shouted as he entered the small store, which belonged to his mother.
“Oppa I still don’t think this is a good idea. You and Omoni gave me food and your very nice that is enough for me already. You don’t need to do this.”
“Why we need help you need a job. It’s perfect right Umma?”
“Of course Gainnie it’s not like we throw money to you. You will work here and earn it. Just like everybody else does.” Gain bowed and thanked Mother Jo.
“What should I do with you my little one. You’re saying thank you way too often”, Jokwon said as he patted Gains head, she blushed at Kwons actions. Mother Jo watched it happily. She was sure that Gain will be her daughter soon. She is the perfect women for her son and she doesn’t even need to play amor, because Jo Kwon himself feels attracted towards Gain.
“Kwon show her everything. I will go home and rest I’m too old for this.” Kwon nodded his head and Gain said goodbye to her. She left the store feeling as happy as she could.
“So you need to clean the store a little and help the customers. Just to do what pops up.”
“Yes chef”, Gain smiled. Kwon smiled back at her.
“I need to show you how the cash box works.” Gain looked at what Kwon did and she done exactly the same as he asked her to try it.
“Wow you are very good. Have you done that before?” Gain cheekily smiled at him. Both of them worked the whole evening. They formed a great team and the customers smiled at them because they looked very cute together. Kwon was aware of the reason they smiled but Gain was completely clueless she just smiled back at them wishing them a good evening when they left. Kwon thought that it was really cute.

It was already midnight. The shop usually closed at 1pm so they still had to work a little bit more. Kwon told Gain to go a while ago but she insisted on staying. It was her job she told him proudly not caring about school or better about sleep.
“I should work you home. It’s dark already.”
“It’s OK I will just run there. I am really fast you know!”, she smiled.
“Oh really? Then try to catch me”, Kwon stuck out his tongue and ran away from her.
“Yahh Oppa that’s not fair”, Gain screamed and ran after him. After a while he slowed down and let her catch him. She grabbed him and smiled like a little child.
“See I told you Oppa can’t win against me.” He patted her head and bid his goodbye because they were already in front of the building she lived in. She looked at his back as he started to walk away, smiling like a fool.
“Oppa Kamsahamnida”, she whispered.