Chapter 1

Reward of Life

Reward of Life

Chapter 1

„You are the biggest failure. Don’t even think about coming back here. You are fired!“
The little girl was frightened. Her lips shivered, but she didn’t want to cry in front of this evil lady which was her boss till five minutes ago. However she couldn’t hold her tears when the boss gave her reward for her work. She grabbed it and ran away. She felt miserable. By no means she would go back in there. It was like hell on earth, but she like wise needed a job.

Something else she needed badly was comfort and love except there was nobody who would embrace her because she was alone in this big and nasty world, which caused her nothing but harm. A sheltered life is something she could only dream of. Her parents died a year ago. Her mother had cancer and waited for her and her father to arrive in the hospital. Her mother wanted to spend the rest of her life with her beautiful daughter and her caring husband, but things came different than expected.

The little girl and her father were involved in a heavy accident. Her father died on the way to the hospital and she was badly injured. She lay in coma for about 2 months and as she woke up she was all alone. Her mother died a month ago because the cancer proceeded very fast during to the stress and sorrow her mother endured .That’s how she became an orphan.

She wanted to go home after this tiring day but she needed to cook for herself now which also meant to go grocery shopping for herself.
“Let’s go shopping”, she said to herself with a worried look at her reward.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo omoni”, the girl bowed in front of the elderly lady who was smiling at her.
“Gain I was waiting for you already to come and visit me again.”
“Sorry omoni that I couldn’t come earlier.”
“It alright. I am happy that you are here now. What do you need today?”
“I need ingredients for a chicken soup and some other thing which I listed right here.”

Gain handed the list to the lady which was the only human close to her- well as close as a stranger can be. The lady packed the ingredients into a bag and handed it to Gain.

“Ähm…omoni how much is it?”, the girl stuttered
“For you its free today”, the lady smiled and Gain eyes widened.
“Jinja?”
“Well no not totally. I would like to invite you to dinner with my family tomorrow.”
Gain felt happy because she really like the elderly lady who sells her thing with so much love and passion.

“I would love to omoni”, she said as she hugged the lady and said goodbye. Gain went home to cook her chicken soup afterwards she studied and went to bed, but she couldn’t sleep. Thoughts like how to get a new job or what to dress for dinner tomorrow went through her head. She was very nervous and happy at the thought of visiting omonis family but there was something else too-sadness. Never had she been threatened like today at work. It was not her fault that she was fired but her boss didn’t want to listen to her. She followed her thoughts for about an hour and came to one conclusion-life is no joke.