Chapter 7: A friend earned

Escaping to Shinee's dorm 2!

 

Nothing worries me more than the boy’s safety, not even my own safety. I took out my phone once I was at the bus stop. I sent a message to Jonghyun, checking again on their safety.

No one could predict his future, not even me. Thus, I had to be extra careful.

“Gaseum dadeukan geudae heunjeok nareul sumshige haeyo,” my phone sounded with the reply from Jonghyun. It was one sentence of SHINee’s song, Quasimondo: Your heart is full of your tracks so I could breathe. It exactly reflected Jonghyun’s existence in mine. He was like my oxygen.

“Ah, Paige!” I looked up from my cell phone, surprise by the yell of my name. Sudden flashes of pictures came rushing to my brain. Blood, shiny metal, odd looking man, blurry images of Eric, and all these images didn’t link. It was startling to see, even felt horrifying.

“Paige, Paige!” Eric shook my shoulder.

“Oh, it is you, Eric. What a coincidence,”

“What are you staring at?” Eric stared at the direction I was zoning out. I shook my head, smiling, hiding my suspicions.

“Finish your nannies duties?” He peek the empty bag.

“Yup,” I smiled, “Just fed my adorable babies.”

“You learn fast, girl.” He chuckled. “My work is done too, at MBC. Where are you heading too?”

“The studio at SM,” I replied.

“Oh, I’m taking the same bus. But didn’t you your precious? Or they left you on the streets?” he teased.

“Funny, Eric.” I laughed a fake smile.

“Kidding, Paige,” He patted my shoulder, as if we were best friends. “Ah, the bus is there.”

The bus skidded to a stop in front of us. We chatted as we board the bus, finding a seat at the back of the bus. The bus was almost empty, only a few passengers and an odd looking man, wearing ragged clothes sat 2 seats before us.

“Anyway, how long have you been in Korea?” Eric started the conversation.

“I came last autumn season.” I recalled back the extremely cold weather.

“That is almost a year soon,” Eric nodded thoughtfully.

“Wow, that’s fast. I grew old again.” I pouted unhappily.

“No matter how old, you are still younger than me,” Eric pointed to his wrinkles. I laughed, all cheered up.

“How old are you?”

“Nearly 25.”

“You are not that old, Eric. You look young for your age.” I looked at him, examined his face.

“Really?” he raised his eyebrows. “You are kidding right?”

“Have confidence in yourself, old man.” I joked around.

“Who wants an old man for a friend, young girl?”

“Only me,” I grinned. He grinned at me too. He was right, we were already like friends.

The odd looking man walked up to the bus driver, as the bus turned up to the highway. He slipped his hand into his jacket and pulled a silver looking metal object. It was a knife.

“No one move!” He shouted, pointing the knife at the bus driver. The bus driver was terrified and swerved the bus, causing it moved to the left. Everyone screamed at the scene, all leaned to the left with the bus.

I grasped, my breathing stopped. Eric gripped my shoulder tightly, looking very stern.

“Stay calm,” he whispered. I nodded my head slowly, fearing any big movement would attract attention.

“Tell the head quarters that I am hijacking this bus and I want a sum of 5billion won,” He threatened, “If not…”

“Yes, yes,” the bus driver stuttered. He picked up the wireless microphone and spoke through it. The hijacker turned to monitor us. The passengers froze, making no sound, not even breathing sound.

“The headquarter wants to talk…talk to you.” The bus driver handed the hijacker while keeping his hands on the wheel. The hijacker turned back towards the front, picking up the microphone.

“Gaseum dadeukan geudae heunjeok nareul sumshige haeyo,” came a musical tone from my phone. Oh no. Everyone turned to face me, including the hijacker. He was furious.

“Paige, breath” Eric whispered as he shielded in front of me. My eyes froze wide open.

“How dare you, you little brat. You called for help?” the hijacker breathing hard, stared murderously at me. I could not response to his accusation.

The hijacker dropped the microphone in his hand and charged towards me. Eric lurched forward, trying to stop the hijacker, before he got me. They struggled at each other holds. The bus severed left as it met a turn. The 2 men fell, the hijacker now on top of Eric. Red flesh blood flowed out, staining the floor. Eric was stabbed, the vision I had was happening right in front of me.

“Eric!” I screamed. A few of the passengers locked the hijacker by the arm. The hijacker attempt to break free, but his strength was not stronger than 3 men. He shouted in fury, not willing to surrender, still cursing and swearing.

The siren of the police car and ambulance sounded louder as it stopped beside the bus. They board the bus, handcuffed the hijacker who was now pinned to the bus floorboard.

“Eric!” I cried.

“Just a small cut.” Eric laid still, pale as he lost blood.

“Eric, hang in there. The ambulance is here.” I encourage him. They handled Eric carefully, carrying him on a stretcher. I followed the paramedics up the ambulance, still clutching to his bloody hands. Eric was given an oxygen mask and his wound wrapped up to stop the bleeding.

This was a long 3 hours as I waited for the surgery to finish. The doctor reassured me that the surgery was successful and Eric was not in life danger.

“How are you feeling?” I asked when he woke up.

“Not bad, like a stone.” He smiled.

“This is what you get when you try to be the hero.” I frowned at him.

“It is not that bad being the hero, maybe I will be on the headlines tomorrow. Or get an award from the police for this. Really, it does not hurt at all.” He looked at my expression, trying to assure me.

“Maybe they will, Eric, a big one too.” I said, sarcastically.

“I hope it fits my door,” He chuckled, flinched when the paramedics touched his injury.

“I hope you can get to your door, old man.” I rolled my eyes. “Thank you, Eric, for saving me and the whole bus.”

“That is what an old man can do,” he teased. “Save the world.”

“You are not superman, old man. Maybe you can be a super old man.” I joked. He laughed with difficulty, flinched with pain.

“Are you okay?” I asked in surprise by the reaction.

“Yeah,” He lay as still as possible. I sigh in relief.

“Don’t worry,” he titled his head so he was facing me. “Aren’t you to take care of your babies?”

“Oh no,” I moaned as I looked at the clock, it was already five in the evening.

“Go home, Paige. I will be fine. There are nurse here,”

“But,”

“No buts. Just go.” He rushed me. “It is great to know you, friend.”

“Me too, and I will be back” I stood up, grabbing my bag.

“Bye,” He waved.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A long long long.really.hahah.chapter!^^

Eric is such a nice guy right~~~ 

Heh. please continue commenting! so i could know where i could improve on.(:

FIGHTING!