Chapter 16 – Big plan

Escaping to Shinee's dorm 2!

 

I woke up in a remote place. My hands tied together and my legs are tied too. I looked at the surrounding. A cement house that seemed abandoned for quite a while. Web cobs filled the ceiling of the brick house and a window that lit the whole room up. Outside, it is nearly dawn. Light rays went go through the thick forest that surrounded the house, the sound are only crickets and silence.

Movement can be detected near the room I was locked in, someone was unlocking the door. I quickly shut my eyes, pretending to be asleep. I was used to kidnapping that I did not panic. Acting to be asleep was so easy for me.

“She should be awake by now.” A man with a deep voice spoke.

“Let her be, she would come to conscious soon.” Eric’s voice was recognizable. “What we have is time now.”

“Yeah, right, bro,” the man spoke with a smirk in his tone. “Let’s go.”

They left the room, 2 sets of footsteps echoed throughout the room. I concentrated on my vision, trying to see into the future. All images clear to me. I knew what was going to happen.

“I know you are awake and you have the powers to see…the future!” Eric made a dramatic effect on his last words. I lied still on the floor, not moving an inch.

“Tell me then, how it works.” He asked, pulling at chair from somewhere in the room and set in it front of me. Eric then put me up in a sitting position, and I knew struggling was of no use.

“Didn’t you anticipate this?” He smirked. I open my eyes and stare at him. He was still the same Eric. Looks can be deceiving, especially people around me.

“Ho, ho, finally the sleeping beauty is awake,” Eric got up and sat on the chair.

“What do you want?” I asked, the answers are quite clear.

“I am sure you know the answer. You should have seen it.” Eric hissed. I did not response, if I could get more time, I might be able to run away like how I used to.

“Let’s have a little chat, while waiting for your babies to arrive,” Eric gave an evil smile. My babies, my SHINee! Jonghyun!

“What did you do?!” I yelled at him, horror struck.

“Chill, babe,” Eric said, satisfied with my reaction. He knew this would happen. “I will tell you everything. Well, your phone rang while you are knocked out by me. So what is the natural response when a phone rings? Pick it up! Then, there was your little boy friend who called. I told him that you are currently unavailable because you are unconscious. Isn’t it the truth?”

I glared at him, thinking of the danger that would cause them. Jonghyun was with them and I could not see anything like before.

“I think they will be here soon enough. You don’t need to glare at me like that.”

“Who sent you?”

“Well, why not play a simple game while waiting and you can get your answers? Let this game be called Q&A. It is very simple. I ask, you answer and if you got it wrong, you will strip layer by layer. Let’s see…” Eric stood up and walked around the room, “We will choose a question! Who sent me?”

“Rubbish!” I screamed. “That was what I want to ask!”

“Ah, rubbish is the…” Eric turned at me, “Wrong answer! Every words count, people. Please choose it carefully. And here’s your punishment.”

Eric walked slowly towards me, with an evil grin on his face. I tried to back off, but his footsteps were too fast for me. He grabbed hold of my shoulder and pulled down the outer coat on me.

“You bastard,” I cursed.

“Even scolding wouldn’t help in anything. You are the silly one. You have 10 seconds to give me an answer,” Eric pulled the chair round and sat down facing me.

“10,” Eric started counting. I can’t lose to such man. I need to see. Who is the one who sent him? What is their motive? Money?

 “9, 8” Eric continued. If it was money, he could just kidnap me when I was alone. Why did he save me in the bus? Why did he try to get close to me?

“7, 6” Who? Was it the chairman of Lehman Brothers Holdings, who I managed to humiliate when they kidnapped me and cause them to go bankrupt?

“5, 4” Who could it be?

“3, 2” Or was it… for the purpose of revenge?

“1.” Eric finish counting. “How was it, my beauty?”

“Hahaha…” I started to laugh.

“What are you laughing at?” Eric question in bewildered, not the attitude he expected.

“What, Eric? Trying to test my ability?” I answered, smirking. “Why should I think so hard? Every decision you made will be seen through by me. But I am curious about something, Eric, why are you doing this to me? Don’t you have a family? Don’t you ever thought of having a stable job and enjoy life?”

“Are you trying to gain pity from me? Are hoping I would soften as I talk about my family and cry?” Eric’s face changed, blackened, but remained calm.

 “It was Mr Hudges, isn’t it?” I stared straight into his eyes, showing sign of confident. “He hired you to kidnap me, for revenge. It is simple, isn’t it?

Eric stood up, turning away from me. “Why not I tell you a little story of mine, while waiting for boyfriend, your baby or whatever you call them. Not everyone in the world has a happy family that last forever, Paige,”

“What do you know about him, Mr Hudges that is?” Eric turned and looked at me, his eyes burnt in admiration when he said Mr Hudges’s name.

“I know he used my parent’s financial difficulty and bought me to accomplish all his greed for money using despicable methods. He locked me up in the basement for 12 years just in case I escape. He is not that kind of person who deserves respect.” I spit through my teeth, disgusted by his actions.

“Then, you are wrong,” Eric corrected me. “He is the man I respected in my life. He is just an old man who is trying to realize his son’s dream.”

“Did he brainwash you?” I asked.

“No, he didn’t. He was the one who made me who I am now.”

“Who are you then now, Eric? I see you trying to go against the law.”

“What about those who go against the law and not punished by it?” His voice grew angrier. “The law isn’t perfect, Paige. And I believe it is not justified that Mr Hudges is sent to jail because of you, Paige. He was like a father to me. He groomed me, give me love and food.”

“That bastard gave me hell, don’t you understand, Eric?! He does things for a purpose.” I reasoned with him.

“I will tell you what is hell, Paige,” Eric breathes heavily, and then he calmed down.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Update!^^

Anticipating SHINee's comeback especially with the teaser out & everything.

Hope it's awwwwwwweeeesome~

Anyway, weather hasn't been great these days. please do take care much!!^^

Pls comment & tell me your thoughts on this chapter~ appreciate it much!