Chapter 4: First Incident

Escaping to Shinee's dorm 2!

 

“Happy birthday, Paige,” Boa gave a very tight hug.

“Thank you, Noona. I missed you so much.” I admitted.

“I missed you too! And I brought you a present!” Boa pulled out a gift box form her back.

“You shouldn’t have, Noona.” I disagreed with her.

“Say no more, Paige. Besides, I have already bought it. Open and see if you like it.”

“Thank you, Noona,” I said as I opened the box clumsily. It was a Copper Diamond Mini Brush Set from Bobbi Brown, which includes Blush Brush, Face Blender Brush, Eye Shadow Brush and Ultra Fine Eye Liner Brush. Also, there was a CD, Boa’s latest CD.

“Oh my god! Thank you so so so so so much, Noona! I love it!” Make up was a passion for me.

“You’re welcome. Enjoy your gift, got to go, babe.” Boa embraced me.

“See you, Noona.” I waved and she is gone.

“Paige, I can hear your scream from the other side of the room.” Jonghyun walked over to me, all his makeup done and costume changed. We are at the waiting room at KBS station. The guys had another recording here, for a show called Star Golden Bell.

“Look, Oppa! Boa noona give me a brush set. They are so pretty!” I jumped up and down like a kid, waving the kit in one hand.

“I never see you so happy, when you open my present.”  Jonghyun took my hand that wore the band he gave.

“Oppa…” I protested. I definitely love the band better, but makeup was part of me too.

“Kidding, silly, happy birthday again, love.” Jonghyun pecked on my hand he held. I blushed, smiling even more.

“Let’s go find a seat, the recording is starting.” Jonghyun let go of me and arranged my hair. I nodded and retrieve my bag, putting the brush set nicely inside.

“Be right back,” Jonghyun waved after he dropped me off at the audience front row seats. I sat there, placed my bag on the floor. I played with the band on my wrist, while watching Jonghyun prepared for recording.

Then, out of the sudden, a backstage crew ran across the set, tripping over my bag. All contents scattered all over the floor, including the bag he was holding.

I am so sorry!” A man spoke in fluent Korea as he bent to retrieve all the items. He was a muscular man, wearing a backstage crew shirt that looked too smart on him. His hair combed into a stylish way, wearing a black framed spectacle, making him look like a gentlemen.

It’s okay.” I kneeled on the floor picking up the items.

I am sorry, I was not watching where I was going.” as he handed me my things, and I returned his.

No, is my fault. I was careless and placed my bag to let you trip over.” I placed things into my bag hastily, not wanting to cause any attention. The recording is about to start.

No, it was definitely my fault.” The man straightened up. “I am very sorry for the accident, got to run.” He bowed, and turned away. Jonghyun was turning in this direction, concerned about the small incident. I shook my head and mouthed him to concentrate.

“It is a new type of game show with some of Korea’s biggest stars. The Star Golden Bell Challenge! ” The show started in a cheerful mood.

“Are you alright?” Jonghyun pulled me into a corner during the break.

“Yeah, Oppa. What’s there to worry about?” I asked curiously.

“Hmm… He just looked...” Jonghyun said.

“It is just an accident. Here, drink some honey juice.” I pulled out a bottle from my bag.

“Alright, thanks, Paige.” Jonghyun gulped down the bottle of juice. “Do you have more? It is so tasty.”

“I will make you some back at home, Oppa.” I laughed, taking the empty bottle.

“Oops, the recording is starting,” Jonghyun turned to look back at the set.

“Go, oppa,” I pushed him towards the set. Jonghyun waved as he jogged backed to Taemin and the guys. The fans at the audience seats screamed, mesmerized by Jonghyun’s action. I grinned at Jonghyun and picked an empty seat. Now, I was the fan girl that screamed for him, laughing together with him.