Chapter 24: The talk

Escaping to Shinee's dorm 2!

 

“Hey,” Raymond walked towards me after his showers.

“Hey,” I replied back and handed him a towel.

“Thanks.” Raymond took the towel with a smile.

“Great game there,” I said, once he finished wiping.

“You enjoyed it?” Raymond asked with his eye brows raised. I nodded, smiling. “That was surprising. I thought you never watched a game before.”

“You might be wrong,” I rebutted. “Once, Minho oppa was on dream team and I watched.”

“Ah... That is where it is from.” Raymond realized and was deep in thoughts. I sat there, watching them and looking at the rain pouring.

“How?” Raymond broke the silence. “How did you get out from dad? It is tightly secured.”

“After you stop coming to play with me, I realize I was going to be alone. However, I was not old enough to run away just like that. I decided to endure it, learn everything I could, know about every single thing there is. Until last year, I have to ability to run away with the money that I earned, and the rest of the story I think you know.” I gave him a pure summary of my escape.

“Impressive,” Raymond acknowledged. “And last year?”

“It was the boys again,” I answered. “They deal with him and put him in prison, and that is where he asked you to plan this, I assume?”

“Clever, really clever,” Raymond nodded his head. “Not like the innocent girl I used to know.”

“Of course, it’s me, Ray,”

“It has been a long time you called me Ray.” Raymond smiled.

“How did you live for the past 13 years? Are you happy?” I asked, concerned.

“Living like a spy,” Raymond looked towards the field, recalling his past 13 years of life. “I did all sorts of things for father, anything you could think of. Father was quite kind to me. However, I know, for all my life, he was using me as a tool. I never regret doing those things for him, because he was after all the one who pulled me back, and taught me everything I could ever know. You might not know how I feel Paige. Just because he took you away from your family, it was exact opposite of my situation. So, I understood you, and that is why I took pity of you.”

I realized he was as much pain I was. The person he looked up to, have never loved him, no one was by his side.